Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413332 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #550
to: r0lZ

hey, there are no any known issues, nothing to see here ;)

I have f2k 1.0 and everything just works fine... by the way, what layout are you using? and are you using any confug pack or something like that?
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #551
@r0lZ
Have you searched under context menu --> "Legacy commands (unsorted)"?
Works as intended here on Windows 7, foobar2000 v1.0.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #552
Yeah, thanks tedgo!  The commands are in "Legacy commands (unsorted)".  I wonder why the main menu label has disappeared, but at least I know now how to use the plugin!  Thanks again!

If you are interested by the details of my config, I have column UI, but the (original) Lyrics menu is not available under both UIs (default and column).  I have created a custom layout, but I have never changed the menus.  (BTW, I think it's now impossible.)

I have also removed all third-party plugins (except those distributed officially with the F2k 1.0 installer), and the problem persists.

I have still to try to install F2K portable somewhere else, but I doubt that will solve the problem.

I have installed F2K under my new Win7, just to test, but I have the same problem.

I really don't understand why the menu is now considered as "unsorted" by F2K.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #553
Because the way context menu works has been changed in 1.0, read the Release Notes, relevant threads here in the forum, whatever.
Long story short, (most of the) individual components must be changed to work with the new version correctly.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #554
lots of "network problems" lately? =(

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #555
+1

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #556
I have a slight issue that I'm curious if it's fixable or not.

I used to use Songbird, and whenever I downloaded lyrics in Songbird it saved them to the song's UNSYNCED lyrics tag. I just downloaded this plugin, and if I click the 'get from db' link in my context menu, it fetches the lyrics and saves them to the LYRICS tag.

Is there a way to change which tag that this plugin saves the lyrics to?

Also, I've seen a few screenshots in this thread of people with a Panel that displays their lyrics. Currently I have a Panel that displays the content of the LYRICS tag with the %lyrics% reference, which is cool, but like I said before, the magority of my lyrics are saved in the UNSYNCHED lyrics tag. Is there a Title Formatting Reference or something that I can use to display the information that is in the UNSYNCHED tag?

Thanks!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #557
something like...

$if2(%unsynched lyrics%,[%lyrics%])

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #559
1.) To save to the UNSYNCED LYRICS tag:
Preferences --> Tools --> Lyrics DB --> "tags to store lyrics in: UNSYNCED LYRICS

2.)To display lyrics in Text Display/Panel Stack Splitter/WSH Panel mod/wherever:
$if2(%unsynced lyrics%,[%lyrics%])
(there was a "h" too much in marc2003's post)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #560
1.) To save to the UNSYNCED LYRICS tag:
Preferences --> Tools --> Lyrics DB --> "tags to store lyrics in: UNSYNCED LYRICS

2.)To display lyrics in Text Display/Panel Stack Splitter/WSH Panel mod/wherever:
$if2(%unsynced lyrics%,[%lyrics%])
(there was a "h" too much in marc2003's post)

That worked wonderfully! Thank-you kindly, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar, a fine judge of women and wine, a pillar of society and everything that ennobles the human struggle.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #561
I am using foobar2000 1.0.2.1
I have been using this for a while but all of a sudden it started hanging after a search saying "end of document reached..." but it will display no lyrics and will not close unless I close foobar.  Is this happening to anyone else?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #562
I really don't think it's much to ask: as many have said, could you please fix the menu for all us foobar v1.0 users? please please please? :3 it looks untidy.

I am using foobar2000 1.0.2.1
I have been using this for a while but all of a sudden it started hanging after a search saying "end of document reached..." but it will display no lyrics and will not close unless I close foobar.  Is this happening to anyone else?

nope...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #563
@xaukael: It hasn't happened lately, but it was a huge problem for me earlier.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #564
Okay, I made it awesome using the newfound knowledge I had. I am using foo_lyricsdb.dll to grab the lyrics (though it could be a little more polished...)

$if2(%title%, )$crlf()
$if2(%artist%,Choose a song to play)$crlf()
$if2(%album%, )$crlf()
$if2(%playback_time%,--:--) / $if2(%playback_time_remaining%,--:--)$crlf()
$crlf()
$if2(%lyrics%,No lyrics available)

For the new and uninitiated, that's all you really need. Then with LyricsDB, right click on wherever, Unsorted legacy commands, get from db for the lyrics. I am sticking with Foobar2000 forever and ever and ever.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #565
I just found a weird bug. if I press Alt Gr and then "a" on the keyboard while editing text, it selects everything and writes an "a"( thus deleting everything)...
I need to ctrl+z all the time if I want to add some dang square brackets.

Okay, I made it awesome using the newfound knowledge I had. I am using foo_lyricsdb.dll to grab the lyrics (though it could be a little more polished...)

$if2(%title%, )$crlf()
$if2(%artist%,Choose a song to play)$crlf()
$if2(%album%, )$crlf()
$if2(%playback_time%,--:--) / $if2(%playback_time_remaining%,--:--)$crlf()
$crlf()
$if2(%lyrics%,No lyrics available)

For the new and uninitiated, that's all you really need. Then with LyricsDB, right click on wherever, Unsorted legacy commands, get from db for the lyrics. I am sticking with Foobar2000 forever and ever and ever.

ehhh... but what IS that? "need" where?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #566
Is this database worth expanding upon or are there larger databases of lyrics? Reason I'm asking is that I have quite a bit of lyrics (mainly hip-hop) to contribute because most of my library is missing them and I enjoy having lyrics on my ipod.  I'd just rather contribute to a database that is less scarce on lyrics.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #567
it'll be nice if you add them ;)
register first please, so your lyrics will be marked, it can help in maintaning in future

and as far as i know there are no lyrics databases supporting this plugin (but there are som other plugins, maybe..)
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #569
I have raised your level and fixed the problem.

However please remember that, as I tried to explain before, you don't have to update the incorrect lyrics, but remove the incorrect twins.

Cheers.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #570
Is the database down?  I can't connect at all.  Most recent cached page on Google is 10/14.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #572
Bummer....is this permanent?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #574
Hello.

Could anyone please attach the latest known version to check it out, since the site is down ATM?