Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Import staticic from file tag bug (Read 954 times) previous topic - next topic

Import staticic from file tag bug

foobar2000 can't import %first_played% statistic from file tags without modification %added% filed, if date of first_played is smaller then exist added date. For example I add from masstager - input data (one line per track) to tags this one
Code: [Select]
%added%|%first_played%|%last_played%|%rating%|%play_count%
2010-12-22 04:20:34|2010-04-20 23:55:07|2012-02-16 06:22:08|5|127

But when I import statisc from tags added date will be 2010-04-20 23:55:07, I try many different scenarios (timestamps, queries, etc), but I can't to get added date as 2010-12-22 04:20:34. Also very strange why foobar2000 add added date, if only import %first_played% field. If added date > then first play, all works good and this fields stay different.

It's very annoying for me, because I have autoplaylists "added by year", but now I install plugin witch automatic skips song with rating 1, and start collect statistic of all entireis of one recording to one song (from VA releases, and other remasters) and of course now my playlists goes fail, because when i import new first play date it also change added date.

P.S. Simple copy statistic from one track to another work fine if %first_played% < %added%.

P.S.S. Reset statistic leave added field, remove it only possible, if copy static from files that doesn't have any statistic at all.

Import staticic from file tag bug

Reply #1
I notice that with play count the situation the same. fb2k can't improt PLAY_COUNT from tags if the number smaller that already in statistic, so you can't manually to decrease this field. But for play count work this method: write stats to file tags, then reset stats, then again import, you will get play counts what you want. May be exist some reasoning to fb2k rule to not deacrese statistc, I don't know. But I think it's bug for situation i wrote in first post, that first play edit added date, and you can't do anything to get what you want.