Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 879775 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #725
Apologies for the delayed response.

@SUPERCOOLMAN:
I'll get on to your problems when I have a bit more time.

@Drunk.Suika:
Thanks, will be rectified.

@Torava:
I don't have a problem with it doing this.

@troscat:
I need a bit more information about your setup if I'm going to be able to help you! I tested it fairly extensively before releasing this version, and I didn't have any problems - it's probably just something to do with your setup.

@Ryoma:
Thanks for reporting.

@stanleyguan:
As far as I'm aware I haven't! I might have just made the fading happen a bit faster though - I'll have a look.

@q-stankovic, culinko and Dexter_prog:
I agree that the new behaviour is somewhat confusing in that it doesn't always 'prefer synced' if you've told it to. Incidentally it wasn't intended to be local lyrics, it was just to force the associations to load with an unsynced lyric if the user so desired.

Associations are overwritten everytime you play a track, so if you save a new lyric for a given track it will remember and display that lyric the next time you play the song. So you don't need to able to add/edit associations, it does it for you.

I'll probably add a checkbox asking whether the user wants to force associations lyrics to display. The problem with this is I don't think most users really understand what the associations do - I'm open to better and simpler suggestions.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #726
I must admit that i don't really know what this "association feature" is all about and what the usage is. Isn't it enough to save lyrics either as textfiles or tags? Why this confusion at all?

A simple solution: why don't you just remove the feature? If someone would explain why he needs that associations then i could perhaps offer a better solution

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #727
The associations have several benefits - I didn't include them for no reason!
A) They give much faster load time compared to the local file search, particularly when there are lots of files/large folder layouts.
B) It allows people to load lyrics which are not recognised by the local file search.
C) It allows you to 'prefer' certain lyrics (if you have several lyrics for the same song).
D) It now doesn't matter what filename is used to save lyrics with as the associations save them regardless.

I'm not going to remove the associations, that'll just bring back a load of issues for other people and I think they work well - but I'm still open to suggestions.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #728
Ah ok!

Just to understand the issue: you introduced the feature that associations are forced even if "prefer synced" is enabled? Still don't understand why the other local sources are forced too?

I think i could have an idea (similar to one i already expressed) but will wait till i understand. (edit: when a song is played with textfile lyrics it is added automatically to associations every time played. but if added a textfile manually to associations when the asociations won't be changed anymore automatically. am i right?)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #729
@q-stankovic, culinko and Dexter_prog:
I agree that the new behaviour is somewhat confusing in that it doesn't always 'prefer synced' if you've told it to. Incidentally it wasn't intended to be local lyrics, it was just to force the associations to load with an unsynced lyric if the user so desired.

Associations are overwritten everytime you play a track, so if you save a new lyric for a given track it will remember and display that lyric the next time you play the song. So you don't need to able to add/edit associations, it does it for you.

I'll probably add a checkbox asking whether the user wants to force associations lyrics to display. The problem with this is I don't think most users really understand what the associations do - I'm open to better and simpler suggestions.

well, the checkbox wouldn't fix these issues i'm afraid. because for me, it would do the trick with demos, acoustic versions, etc. which have only unsynced lyrics. but it won't automatically find new synced lyrics for regular songs which have unsynced lyrics now (since there is timestamped 3 with great results, so many of my songs will have better lyrics). my best idea is to leave associations as they were before, do not force them to show unsynced lyrics, if you got "prefer synced". but introduce the "force" list, which will have the highest priority, you can add there tag source or local lyrics, they will be forced to shown immediately without any more search (of course you can manually search for better lyrics and remove the entry from the list if you find a better lyrics)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #730
My basic idea is almost the same the same, i will explicate later.

Culinko, do you like to explain in simple words how the associations work? 

EDIT

Not sure if i understood the associations thing correctly but however here the idea (combining culinkos "force list" and my idea to seperate local list from online list):

1. you have a list with local sources: tag, local file, association. In this list you only can change the order of sources, the sources itself are not removeable. Also the prefer-option isn't applied on these sources. It is a force-list: if a lyric is found the further search is stopped and the lyric is displayed.  Now depending how the user wants to use the associations he can place them as first or second/third source in the list.
In the properties of local file search and tag search you can specify if synced lyrics are preferred (f.e. in tag search by the order of tag fields written in line). Nice side effect: you don't have the confusing behaviour of automatically added file and tag sources (depending what save method is choosen).

2. you have a second list with online sources ( f.e. to add and remove by context menu to/from this list). This list is searched only if no local lyrics are found. Here the prefer-option ("prefer synced", "prefer unsynced", ...) is applied.

3. side effect of the seperation of two lists: nonsense like mixing/cluttering local and online sources is avoided: online sources are always the fourth and last search source, you just specify the presence and  the order of the online sources in this last/fourth search step.

4. Last but not least:
... of course you can manually search for better lyrics and remove the entry from the list if you find a better lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #731
Since everybody is throwing ideas around, here is mine.
Separate the search fields for online search em local file search. Leave the current ones for online search only, and make a new one just for local file search, where we can use tag formatting in the search parameters. It would be a boolean search, meaning it will only return lyric files 100% identical to the search parameters (if you have multiple lyric filename patterns, no problem, you can always use $if3()).

The catch would only be with lyrics embedded on the file tags. In which case, the plugin would check whether or not it matches the "prefer" (synced, not synced, both) setting, and perform a search for better version if necessary.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #732
2. you have a second list with online sources ( f.e. to add and remove by context menu to/from this list). This list is searched only if no local lyrics are found. Here the prefer-option ("prefer synced", "prefer unsynced", ...) is applied.

so, if i have unsynced lyrics saved in local source and set prefer synced option, it won't search for synced lyrics? because this is not what i want... i WANT it to search for new synced lyrics always if possible. i only DON'T WANT to search for synced lyrics in few specific cases, when i have regular song+acoustic (live, demo, etc.), because there are almost zero synced lyrics for acoustic songs and it will show synced lyrics for regular song instead of unsynced lyrics for acoustic song. the best possible solution would be if the lyrics search will differ "song" and "song (acoustic)", but this is not possible i think.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #733
I don't know how to solve the "acoustic"/"live"/etc thingy, but as I suspected, now that we have new stamped lyrics sources, new ones were found. I had to delete most of my unsync'd saved lyrics just for it to search again automatically and save the sync'd ones (else I would had have to manually check 60 songs (that's for only one band).

I guess an option would be to disable fuzzy search, so that "Song (live)" tags produce no results instead of finding lyrics for "Song".

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #734
Sorry, but I didn't find the answer, so I'm going to ask again... What happened with Minilyrics support?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #735
@culinko
It seems that there is no good solution: so i like your suggestion to make associations like before. So everybody who likes to automatically receives synced lyrics when available seems for me more important than avoiding a search that anyway leads to the same result like before search.

If i read between the verns lines it seems that someday massdownloading lyrics from fb2k's context menu will be possible (the vern, please apologize if i have understood you wrong!). In regard to the prefer option ("prefer synced") then it could be easy to check files with unsynced lyrics for synced lyrics. I still wish that the component becomes even a little bit more intuitive and simple: the interplay between prefer-option, search order, lyrics display and more is still too complex in my eyes.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #736
I don't know how to solve the "acoustic"/"live"/etc thingy, but as I suspected, now that we have new stamped lyrics sources, new ones were found. I had to delete most of my unsync'd saved lyrics just for it to search again automatically and save the sync'd ones (else I would had have to manually check 60 songs (that's for only one band).

I guess an option would be to disable fuzzy search, so that "Song (live)" tags produce no results instead of finding lyrics for "Song".

well, as i said earlier, this is bad of course. but i want to have the ability to search for lyrics of live songs, etc. imho best solution would be to make the "force" list (can be named "preferred" or something), you can add your sources here (local/tag) and have this above associations list. if you start any song which has entry in this list, it would immediately show your preferred lyrics and ignore the associations entry (if there is any). but The vern has the final word in this anyway.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #737
Maybe a noobish question, but is there needed anything else to be done besides copying the file to components folder? Because it's not showing any lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #738
Install via the preferences>Components page. Simple copy to a components folder was many versions ago.

Once installed correctly you add a the lyrics panel into your installation similar to any other foobar2000 element.

If you have any other questions, please take the time to provide more detail.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #739
Install via the preferences>Components page. Simple copy to a components folder was many versions ago.

Oh really? Well simple copying is still working for me. I use tens of components and have never used preferences>Components to install them .
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #740
Is there definitely no way of searching for lyrics without entering an artist? Leaving the artist field empty could be very helpful at some times to find lyrics to a standard song (e.g. "Over the Rainbow") performed by a lesser known artist. Anyway - a great component has come to life again, thanks a lot!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #741
Oh really? Well simple copying is still working for me. I use tens of components and have never used preferences>Components to install them

What version of Foobar2000 are you using?

At one time, component dll files all were copied into one folder. That is want I took as the term 'simple copying'. They now reside in individual named folders within a user-component directory. Of course you can build that structure yourself or just use the preferences dialog as suggested by developer. YMMV

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #742
@ tpijag - the component is succesfully showing (without installation, I just copied it in the component folder) in the components option menu - also the lyric show 3 is included in "tools" branch. Maybe there is a problem with using a DarkOne (lyrics tab is present in it) ? - http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v2-1-156697932

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #743
@Sannin:
see here: http://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne-v3-0-1-187628705
Second and third posts.
You just need to put the new panel in your layout (presumably in CUI layout preferences).

Thanks to all for their input and suggestions about the associations problems, I'm considering the options.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #744
You're right: it should not depend on the format and it does not. The search parameters can be found in preferences (Lyrics Searching tab). By default this is artist and title (with fallback to filname). So your problem might be caused by wrong or missing tags. Or there are simply no lyrics available for the tracks you tested.

You also have the option to do a manual search in the context menu (right-click on the Lyrics Show Panel). Did you try this yet?

sorry for late reply ><  too busy these days ><

I tried manual search as well as manual association, and there are records in "File > Preferences: Lyric Show 3 > Lyric Saving > Manage associations".
But the lyric just do not show when playing .wav / .mp3

Thank you again!!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #745
They now reside in individual named folders within a user-component directory

Well, they may reside there. But I prefer to copy them in %ProgramFiles%\foobar2000\Components. And they work that way. The fact is that more than one user can work on my machine, each under its own account, so copying dlls to user-component directory would waste disk space and make it harder to keep the system up-to-date.
I use the latest beta version.
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #746
Fine, your's is bigger than mine. How does anything you have stated helped the poster

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #747
Fine, your's is bigger than mine. How does anything you have stated helped the poster

At least it's clear that his problem has nothing to do with the way the component was installed.

Sannin
Check Preferences | Components. If "Lyric Show Panel" is there, you've installed it correctly. Then, if you use Default User Interface, select View | Lyric Show Panel v3. It will show you Lyric Show window or will make it flash if it's already showed. Check "Search order" and "Search for this type of lyric" settings in Preferences | Tools | Lyric Show 3.

If lyrics isn't being displayed after all that, maybe there's no lyrics for your track in databases?..
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #748
Nice component!

Some issues I noticed (don't know if some of them have been mentioned, I admit I didn't read all of the 30 pages):

- strange behaviour when (manually) scrolling "one page" lyrics: at the beginning they are centered, but when scrolling they jump from bottom to top and back. Maybe they should stay centered instead.
- I don't see any way to specify the tag where the lyrics should be read from. Would be cool if you at least could switch between the tag-field you specified for synced lyrics and the one for unsynced lyrics. It seems like right now, you are always using the LYRICS tag.
- jumping to a position in a song breaks synchronisation with the lyrics.
- maybe an optional scroll bar or at least some other indicator of your position in the lyrics would be nice

Keep up the good work.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #749
The vern
Now it's hard to understand why lyrics isn't displayed - because of something wrong with component settings or lack of lyrics for currently played track. Message like "No lyrics found" would make things clearer.
Magically yours
Raistlin