Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 885428 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #2125
hi @veksha

may i ask you a question ?
in the past i have installed foo_darklyricsscore , foo_geniuslyricsscore , foo_musicxmatchlyricsscore and so on
are all of them replaced by foo_multisource.fb2k-component?
thanks Veksha
Yes. also give foo_openlyrics a try.

Reply #2126
hi @veksha

may i ask you a question ?
in the past i have installed foo_darklyricsscore , foo_geniuslyricsscore , foo_musicxmatchlyricsscore and so on
are all of them replaced by foo_multisource.fb2k-component?
thanks Veksha
Yes. also give foo_openlyrics a try.
hi
should i uninstall all of them , i mean the old foo_darklyricsscore , foo_geniuslyricsscore , foo_musicxmatchlyricsscore and so on  ?
thanks Veksha

Reply #2127
should i uninstall all of them , i mean the old foo_darklyricsscore , foo_geniuslyricsscore , foo_musicxmatchlyricsscore and so on  ?
thanks Veksha
yes. better delete all of them.

Reply #2128
And please give me recommendations, over the years of using the player, a lot of unnecessary things have accumulated, what can be removed from this, and most importantly HOW to remove it, which path is it in the installation folder?

And another question - if you stop supporting your development, because the codes need to be constantly edited, then you will have to reinstall everything, then please update, thank you in advance

Reply #2129
And please give me recommendations, over the years of using the player, a lot of unnecessary things have accumulated, what can be removed from this, and most importantly HOW to remove it, which path is it in the installation folder?

1. you can use fb2k Preferences dialog to remove components (got to Components tab, find component - right click -> remove)
2. manual method. look into "user-components" folder and remove things like "foo_darklyricssource", "foo_azlyricssource", etc.... i recommend you use free software called Everything to find this folder on your hard drive. I have portable mode enabled in fb2k, so my user-components folder is situated in foobar2000 folder, but your path can be different.

And another question - if you stop supporting your development, because the codes need to be constantly edited, then you will have to reinstall everything, then please update, thank you in advance

i have paused/stopped development because of few things:
1. everything seems works fine.
2. foo_openlyrics will replace obsolete LSP3 component.
3. i'm using xmplay player right now to listen to music because it has super fast start up time with my huge media library.

Reply #2130
i have paused/stopped development because of few things:
1. everything seems works fine.
2. foo_openlyrics will replace obsolete LSP3 component.
3. i'm using xmplay player right now to listen to music because it has super fast start up time with my huge media library.
veksha, all your sources are still indeed working fine, including my fave metallum :) .  Personally I have no interest in considering foo_openlyrics until it supports radio stream metadata.  Please keep your project alive if you still have the time for it!  It's been a real gift.

Reply #2131
+2 About handling radio streams (and your component working great as of now).

90% of the time that's what I use LSP3+Multi-source for.

Reply #2132
@veksha,
your Multi-source lyrics works perfectly and LSP3 is Ok.
Please continue to support it. Thank you for your work.

foo_openlyrics still needs some development today. I am following this project with interest, but I am not ready to replace LSP3 yet.

Reply #2133
Same thoughts here, @veksha , foo_openlyrics is a nice project, and the coders need to be thanked really for their efforts, but LSP3 with your sources is currently much better. Since it does not require too much dev, I hope you'll keep it alive by doing minor things from time to time. Anyway, whatever decision you make, thanks for everything !! 

Reply #2134
Well, I realized that the component under discussion works, although it will not be supported in the future due to the fading interest of the author. I ask those who have been tuning the lyrics for a long time to look at my list, I have been collecting all the ways on the forum for a long time, testing everything in a row and finally got confused. There are servers in this list that are not in foo_multisource - does it make sense to save them? Do they give out lyrics or are they no longer relevant? What from the list can be left - again, I'm unlikely to be able to find it

Reply #2135
If you delete the duplicate servers from the foo_multisource, then this remains. Do the old timestamped ## ones work? Have value?

Reply #2137
THX, del all

Reply #2138
When I display lyrics from a live radio stream, they default to the last few lines of the song and stay there.
Is there any way I can get it to begin at the start of the song, with the scroll option if hneeded?
(Set to prefer non-synced).
Thanks

Reply #2139
When I display lyrics from a live radio stream, they default to the last few lines of the song and stay there.
Is there any way I can get it to begin at the start of the song, with the scroll option if hneeded?
(Set to prefer non-synced).
Thanks
This doesn't happen to me at all on any live stream.  Windows 10 x64 21H1, Foobar 1.6.7, LSP3 .5, multiDB .55.

In "Panel preferences", try un-checking both scrolling options.  I use non-synced lyrics and just scroll down manually with the mouse when I'm so inclined.

Reply #2140
Oh, I just realised, I'm talking about the adaptation used in GeorgiaReBORN. Has this component been altered for that,because there  are no "scrolling options" now??

Reply #2142
Ah, thank you. I didnlt realise it was a different module.

Reply #2143
Hi, I have encountered a peculiar bug, I am using Georgia-ReBORN theme with foobar2000 1.6.8 and I have unexpected closes/crashes

I have sent you Crash Log via PM, it's strange this bug, It has started for 3 days
Video
https://streamable.com/vv6jbh

Thank you!

Reply #2144
Hi @veksha,

I think I didn't personally thanked you for your multisource component, so thank you very much!

I have a question, can you filter out/ban from the chinese NetEase server useless junk lyrics?
It's just a one line synced lyric file that says 纯音乐,请欣赏 ( Pure music, please enjoy ).

Here is an image:

Thanks!

-TT

Reply #2145
Hi @veksha,

I think I didn't personally thanked you for your multisource component, so thank you very much!

I have a question, can you filter out/ban from the chinese NetEase server useless junk lyrics?
It's just a one line synced lyric file that says 纯音乐,请欣赏 ( Pure music, please enjoy ).

Here is an image:

Thanks!

-TT

Or this inane one that drives me crazy!!!
此歌曲为没有填词的纯音乐,请您欣赏
which translates as "This song is pure music without lyrics, please enjoy" in English.
I'm listening to the music; I can bloody tell that it's an instrumental only track.
What are they thinking?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Reply #2146
Hi @veksha,

Here is an image:

Thanks!

-TT

Or this inane one that drives me crazy!!!
此歌曲为没有填词的纯音乐,请您欣赏
which translates as "This song is pure music without lyrics, please enjoy" in English.
I'm listening to the music; I can bloody tell that it's an instrumental only track.
What are they thinking?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Hahaha good one, ban this too please =)

Edit: Well if I think about it, in English lyrics it's just displayed as [Instrumental], seems cleaner...

Reply #2147
Alright, I could read all 86 pages of this thread...but I won't. I moved Online DB : lyrics.wikia.com and Online DB : darklyrics.com in "Lyric Show 3", which I now realize is an outdated plug-in and that this won't help one bit. What's a plugin that works and where one can add sources? If Darklyrics is there for metal in general, plyrics for punk/hardcore should be there in general, and also Genius lyrics which has pretty much everything, or preferably some open source lyrics database I'm unaware of. I'm using it in WINE on Ubuntu Mate 20.04.3 if that's important in any way.

I'll appreciate a link to a functioning 3rd party plugin like the one in the title here or any other that just works, nothing fancy, I won't be listening to radio streams (at least not for music) when I have about 90k music files classed by album. Thank you and the devs out there!

Reply #2149
Hi @veksha,

I guess there is either a problem with your latest foo_multisource or Lyric Show 3 when reading some special characters, glyphs.
Some users reported to me that it is not stable, I've myself encountered some crashes, here is the dmp and log.
Would be cool if you could fix it, thanks!

-TT