Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a software to copy music to a device (Read 1272 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a software to copy music to a device

Hi

I'm looking for a software to help me manage my music and copy it to my portable device, but I'm starting to think that my ideal software doesn't exist ... I'm really considering developing my own, but maybe it already exists :)
I would then like to know if you have any suggestions (I use Windows).

My device is UMS, so of course I can do copy & paste in windows explorer but I really think a little software could be helpful.

Since my device has both internal memory and a micro SD slot, here is my dream software :
  • The 2 corresponding paths (say, "E:\MUSIC" and "F:\MUSIC" for instance) are in the software parameters
  • When I start the software, I can see a list of the albums (i.e. folders) on my device (specifying internal memory or micro SD)
  • For all these folders, I can choose a new status (internal, µSD, or delete)
  • I can drag & drop a new folder (it is then added to the list) and select its destination (internal or µSD)
  • While I do all this, the estimated available space (both on internal memory and µSD) is updated after each change
  • When I'm happy with it, I can click "apply" and the files are copied/moved/removed (with at least a progress bar, obviously)

As you can see, all I need is basically a GUI, which will only call basic copy/move/delete commands in the background.
I don't need any fancy database management. Dealing only with folders and files will be more than enough.

Do you see a software which is close to my idea ?

I searched for standalone applications, foobar2000 components or even projects on Github.
I found this free software : Pioneer X-DAP Link. Some ideas are close (I like the simple use of "colors tags"), but it still isn't what I want (we can't see what's already on the device):
http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/support/av_pc/compo/dap/xdp-100r/download/index_EN.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWgx2lXv-5A

Thank you for the help !

Cheers
Ofboir