Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Major problems registering at HydrogenAudio...because Gmail is banned??? (Read 3478 times) previous topic - next topic

Major problems registering at HydrogenAudio...because Gmail is banned???

When I first tried to register, for some reason, I never got an activation email. But after 90 minutes, I came across a post (via a Google search of the site) that talked about banned email addresses, and, to my surprise, Gmail addresses were on that list. WTF??? You'd think there'd be some message that pops up during the registration process that lets people know about this to avoid having problems. IMO, not having something like that is just brain dead.

Re: Major problems registering at HydrogenAudio...because Gmail is banned???

Reply #1
Also noticed that people using the Firefox browser (for all intense and purposes) are, pretty much, banned from registering. All I got, in fact, was some error message every time I tried. Ended up having to use Microsoft Edge just to do it. Werid.

Re: Major problems registering at HydrogenAudio...because Gmail is banned???

Reply #2
Just for testing sake I can confirm neither of these are problems.

I just registered an account ManInTheDark2 with a gmail account in Firefox. Latest version on OS X. Feel free to delete the account admins.

So must be something in your Firefox setup. I also assume you checked Spam folders etc for the registration email?

Also saying people are brain dead is possibly not the best way to get support.