Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4560373 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4925
Question: very simple, but I don't get it, still working on my config and I need to define the frame colours, normal and selected, but the selected colour wont display, is this a bug, or has the frame style no select colour???

Columns UI

Reply #4926
Columns UI 0.3.6.0 released for testing. This adds dynamic font changing to Item details panel. Configuration details: http://yuo.be/wiki/columns_ui:config:item_...titleformatting

Please report any issues in this thread. Use [codebox ] tags for crash logs.

Could somebody help me with an artwork script for the NG playlist?[..]
You are using it incorrectly / it won't do what you wish exactly. You can mix the foobar2000 built-in reader and the CUI one for similar results though, but you need to configure things correctly. Somewhere there is a direct link to the wiki page for artwork configuration otherwise it shouldn't be too much effort on your behalf to find it.

[...]Intended?
Not quite.. Will have to take a closer look at how fixable this is. Thanks for the report.

or has the frame style no select colour???
That is correct.

Columns UI

Reply #4927
hey! Thanks for your awesome work!

I was just wondering... will be possible someday to use $set_font() on other panels specially on the playlist?

Cheers!
<insert signature here>

Columns UI

Reply #4928
Thanks for the new release!
Another great step for the item details.

The new $set_font() seems to work fine.
But i can't change colour from on custom colour to another in two sequenced lines, only to the default one set in the colums ui preferences.

I tried the following string:
$rgb(128,128,0)$set_font(Segoe UI,10,bold)$upper(%artist%)$crlf()
$rgb(255,255,0)%album%$crlf()

I could only change to $rgb() which sets the colour to default for the second line. Is it intended?

Columns UI

Reply #4929
What font will be displayed if I'll use:

Code: [Select]
$set_font(,,bold)

It's not a boldface version of panel's default font.

Columns UI

Reply #4930
Hi Musicmusic,

I'm having what appears to be buggy behavior with the active item frame in the NG playlist.  I use a custom color in my config, but the behavior is the same when custom is turned off. 

Basically, if I either (a) open the properties dialog or (b) minimize foobar, once I resume/restore the frame has disappeared from the playlist.  I can click around on different playlist items, select multiple items, toggle between playlists, etc. and the active item frame remains missing/invisible.  It is only when I use the keyboard arrow keys to move the cursor does the active item frame somehow reappear.

Thanks for looking into this.

Columns UI

Reply #4931
Hi, I'm new in this forum and I hope someone can help me.

I'd like to define a sorting criterium for my playlists (I use NG playlists, which I believe is part of C.UI).
I don't know why I find some playlists with messed-up track-no. (e.g. 2-1-3-4 and so on) or sorted with strange criteria that mess up the grouping (I have defined a per- artist grouping), resulting in a playlist with songs of the same artist and sometimes same album far away from each other, with other tracks "between" them.

Someone will say "click on the column headers".
Well it works of course, but it seems to me it isn't persistent, and I can't understand why some playlists keep being sorted in strange ways (perhaps it happens when they are created?)

Is there any setting I can use to define a standard sorting criterium (it would be nice if it could be also "locked", meaning the playlist order can't be changed even by clicking on the column headers)

Thank you

PS: screenshot:

Columns UI

Reply #4932
Why not all functions work in Item details pane? Namely $tab() doesn't, which is very inconvenient (; Without this problem I could finally throw away foo_trackinfo (;

Columns UI

Reply #4933
@andrea.ippo

By default incoming files will be path sorted, so i guess your files are named without a tracknumber at the beginning. They are alphabetically in their folders?
If you don't want to rename your files, go to: Preferences-->General "Sort incoming files by" and type %album artist% %date% %album% %tracknumber%
That should do the job next time you'll add files to your playlists

Oh, and the grouping in NG Playlist:
I have set it up as
[$upper(%album artist%)][ $char(8226) %album%] and it works here.

EDIT: typo

Columns UI

Reply #4934
I was just wondering... will be possible someday to use $set_font() on other panels specially on the playlist?
Not likely.

The new $set_font() seems to work fine.
But i can't change colour from on custom colour to another in two sequenced lines, only to the default one set in the colums ui preferences.
Thanks for the report. There was two issues: broken word wrapping, and colour codes at the end of a font block not having an effect. These should be sorted in 0.3.6.1. Thanks.

What font will be displayed if I'll use:

Code: [Select]
$set_font(,,bold)

It's not a boldface version of panel's default font.
That's not supposed to do anything useful, but it is the first font that Windows likes. I was planning to add a field with the name of the default font, so you can pass it through if you like.

I'm having what appears to be buggy behavior with the active item frame in the NG playlist. [...]
Well, what does Windows Explorer do?

Why not all functions work in Item details pane? Namely $tab() doesn't, which is very inconvenient (; Without this problem I could finally throw away foo_trackinfo (;
Because I can't use the existing text renderer (wrapper) which has tab columns support, as it instead doesn't support multiple lines, word wrapping, font changing....

I don't know how feasible it is but first I want to tidy other things up anyway.

Columns UI

Reply #4935
How do i change the color of the line in the group to gray?

i used this to make the text gray

$rgb(128,128,128)$if2(%artist%,<no artist>)[ / %album%]$rgb(128,128,128

Columns UI

Reply #4936
musicmusic
When I open your site I see next message:
"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded"

Please upload 0.3.6.1 version of your plugin on rapidshare.com.

Columns UI

Reply #4937
Eugh it lies. The host's server exploded or something. Check back in some hours.

Columns UI

Reply #4938
I'm having what appears to be buggy behavior with the active item frame in the NG playlist. [...]
Well, what does Windows Explorer do?

Aha!  All these years of windows and I never even noticed that it has an active item frame, never mind that it behaves this way.  IMO it's still rather odd behavior, maybe I'll bring it up with Bill next time I see him.

Columns UI

Reply #4939
@andrea.ippo

By default incoming files will be path sorted, so i guess your files are named without a tracknumber at the beginning. They are alphabetically in their folders?
If you don't want to rename your files, go to: Preferences-->General "Sort incoming files by" and type %album artist% %date% %album% %tracknumber%
That should do the job next time you'll add files to your playlists

Oh, and the grouping in NG Playlist:
I have set it up as
[$upper(%album artist%)][ $char(8226) %album%] and it works here.

EDIT: typo

Thank you VERY much, it seems that did it. 

Columns UI

Reply #4940
@musicmusic
Thanks for the fast new release! 

Changing colour code is working now without problems.
Good work! 

Columns UI

Reply #4941
Add function Hide Taskbar Entry as in PanelsUI.
And Function to hide the main framework as in PanelsUI.

Has this been addressed at all?  I've searched the subsequent pages, but found no instances of "taskbar."  These two features would be right at the top of my personal requests list.  They're what I miss most about that old UI component.

Columns UI

Reply #4942
Thanks for the new release and font support!
Just wondering if it is simple to add a vertical padding tag to Item Details panel syntax?
something like:

$set_padding(-2)
$set_padding(3)

Thanks,
D

Columns UI

Reply #4943
does something like %foobar_path% from Panels UI exist in Columns UI?

Columns UI

Reply #4944
Feature Request:
I don't know if it's already mentioned before (or isn't needed by someone else but me ), but it would be great if we could have the possibility to Import/Export or to Copy an existing Layout Preset instead of build a new preset totally from scratch inside a FCL.
It would be much easier to create a different view from an existing layout (e. g. greater Artwork view with the same buttons from the other layout and another placement of some panels).

Columns UI

Reply #4945
...it would be great if we could have the possibility to Import/Export or to Copy an existing Layout Preset instead of build a new preset totally from scratch inside a FCL...

You can, try right clicking on a node and see by yourself.
<insert signature here>

Columns UI

Reply #4946
Oh, i haven't noticed that it's possible to copy from one preset to a new one.
But however, an import/export option to import layout presets from another FCL or export to another FCL would be great.

Columns UI

Reply #4947
I'm having what appears to be buggy behavior with the active item frame in the NG playlist.  I use a custom color in my config, but the behavior is the same when custom is turned off.

i've noticed this too, but can't figure out what triggers it. sometimes couple of foobar sessions are without custom active frame and then sometimes same are ok. it's strange though

Columns UI

Reply #4948
Oh, i haven't noticed that it's possible to copy from one preset to a new one.
But however, an import/export option to import layout presets from another FCL or export to another FCL would be great.

That's already possible. Go to Preferences > ColumnsUI > Main > FCL importing and exporting and there is an import and an export option.

Columns UI

Reply #4949
I know the option to import/export a FCL, but i want an option to import/export a layout preset from one fcl to another...