Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding the source file information to the encoded music file as a tag? (Read 1564 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding the source file information to the encoded music file as a tag?

I'd like to be able to trace the music back to a file that was used to encode it.

Looking at http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Templates, I see variables such as
%filename% and %directoryname% which are replaced by the path to the input file and the file itself.  Is there a recommended tag to use? %comment% seems like one, but it has the comment from the CUE file in my normal use case...
- can it be overwritten?
- is there another one I can / should use?

Thanks
dpr

Re: Adding the source file information to the encoded music file as a tag?

Reply #1
Templates are used to define output paths and/or to name files and/or folders.

There currently is no option to create custom tags.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,118915.0.html#post_g10

You can manually change the comment field in the metadata edit window.

korth

Reply #2

Thanks for the quick response!

Reply #3
You can manually change the comment field in the metadata edit window.

Where is that please?

Reply #4
metadata edit window pops up during encode process (suppressed in batch mode and/or when 'edit tags' is not checked)
korth

Reply #5
metadata edit window pops up during encode process (suppressed in batch mode and/or when 'edit tags' is not checked)
[attach width=500]25224[/attach]

Ok, I’m normally a batch mode encoder.

Reply #6
[attach width=500]25224[/attach]

I'm unable to find this screen. Is this cuetools or cueripper. I'm not in batch mode (no log window).

Reply #7
I'm away from my desktop to provide pictures. Metadata selection/editing pop-up window in CUETools won't pop-up until you press Go in Encode mode and after (if any) log and coverart selection pop-up windows.
korth

Reply #8

I get none of those. Perhaps I’m still in batch mode

Reply #9
I misspoke the popup window order. Log > Metadata > Coverart. These windows only popup when user selection may be required and only when ONE rip is being processed. Processing more than one rip suppresses all popup windows.

The Edit Tags box must be checked for the Metadata window to popup.

The Batch log setting doesn't control batch mode.

CUETools enters batch mode automatically when more than one rip is added to the Input.

One way to make sure you're not in batch mode is to drag a single CUE file, M3U file, or Track 1 file to the Input box.

korth