Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726394 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #475
keep up the great work

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #476
I won't go thru 20 page, sorry if this was reported already... but i don't think so!

I happen to use fb2k with a lot of playlists loaded, and I use foo_vis_shpeck only to have the function "Listening to" forwarding info to Digsby...

• if fb2k is loaded but not playing any track, Digsby reported first song of the selected playlist as stopped;
  • if you select another playlist, the song change for the first one in that playlist;
  • if fb2k is playing a track from the selected playlist, the song title is displayed as it should in Digsby;
  • while fb2k is playing the same track but you switch to another playlist, the first song of that playlist is then displayed as "playing" in Digsby;

Lemme know if I can be of any help!

Tankiou
[^]
___
ion][reflex
[reflexion]

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #477
Still reading through this thread so I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not.

But whenever I lock/unlock my computer with foobar running MilkDrop 2.1 I get an "OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY" message and foobar locks up on me. Anyone know how I would fix this.

And if it helps I'm using Foobar 0.9.6.9 and Shpeck 0.3.6 on Vista Home Premium

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #478
IIRC MilkDrop spits out "OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY" (among other situations probably) when its window is resized to zero width/height. I know this used to happen in Columns UI when toolbars with Shpeck were hidden etc., but that's been long fixed. I don't know how your exact layout looks like and what touches the visualization window in what ways, so I can't help you more.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #479
Well if it helps any I'm using Column UI with Xchange v3.5.1b. No clue about the window re-sized to zero width/height thing your talking about since I just applied the skin. Could you perhaps explain how I would check if its windows is re-sized to zero to see if that's the problem, and if posting a screen shot of my layout would help just let me know.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #480
Well, all I know is it's some Panel Stack Splitter stuff I don't understand. Maybe with a simple configuration, but definitely not with Falstaff's witchcraft used in Xchange with dynamic layouts and whatnot.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #481
I actually tried Xchange in various layouts and settings with locking the workstation here on Vista x64 and nothing happened. Try the Xchange thread. (EDITED)
Or, well, you know, investigate yourself a little bit, try changing the "Stop when hidden" option, create a plain Columns UI layout with e.g. just a playlist and MilkDrop and see if it still happens there, etc.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #482
I did some investigating and found this. Milkdrop worked fine in the Default Column UI with no lockups after locking/unlocking computer. Even worked fine with Xchange when Shpeck was the only panel in it's column or row. But there if is more than two panels and locked/unlocked my computer it would lockup and I'd get the 'OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY' error again and it says something about a window resize failed. And I tried it with another of Falstaff skins Kameleon and this time I get a MilkDrop that says "unable to create DirectX device". So I think the problem is either with Panel Stack Splitter or Falstaff's skins.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #483
Finally figured that the problem's MilkDrop itself. But I'm still not sure how to get it too work... Do I have to configure MilkDrop to work with my computer?...Or something else?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #484
No idea. MilkDrop is developed and maintained by NullSoft/AOL. If you have the same problem with the latest official Winamp too, just seek help there.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #485
Finally managed to stop the lockups. All I had to do was take the NSCRT.DLL file out of the Plugin's folder and place it in Foobar's root directory.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #486
I won't go thru 20 page, sorry if this was reported already... but i don't think so!

I happen to use fb2k with a lot of playlists loaded, and I use foo_vis_shpeck only to have the function "Listening to" forwarding info to Digsby...

• if fb2k is loaded but not playing any track, Digsby reported first song of the selected playlist as stopped;
  • if you select another playlist, the song change for the first one in that playlist;
  • if fb2k is playing a track from the selected playlist, the song title is displayed as it should in Digsby;
  • while fb2k is playing the same track but you switch to another playlist, the first song of that playlist is then displayed as "playing" in Digsby;

Lemme know if I can be of any help!

Tankiou

There's no feedback about this... should I take it as normal behavior, or that plugin dealing mostly with viz this isn't an important issue ?

I hate it feeling ignored...

[^]
___
ion][reflex
[reflexion]

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #487
Sorry for not replying, you were not ignored, I even downloaded Digsby and evaluated all that behavior myself and made some changes in Shpeck for it to work correctly, though I'm in a middle of rewritting quite a few other parts of the component at the moment and I can't give an estimate when the next version will come out, maybe only after the next major (beta) version of foobar2000 is released too.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #488
Sorry for not replying, you were not ignored, I even downloaded Digsby and evaluated all that behavior myself and made some changes in Shpeck for it to work correctly, though I'm in a middle of rewritting quite a few other parts of the component at the moment and I can't give an estimate when the next version will come out, maybe only after the next major (beta) version of foobar2000 is released too.

No sweat, and tankiou on the followup!

Station!
[^]
___
ion][reflex
[reflexion]

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #489
Now, this may seem weird to some people, but I feel I need to ask:

Is there a way to install only the necessary .DLLs and other stuff, without having to install WinAmp?
I noticed there's a "browse" button in the configurations, and I heard (from earlier in the thread) that you could fake an installation, but is it really necessary? I mean, it doesn't actually use WinAmp.exe at all, right?

'Cause I would like to just have the plugins and necessary .DLLs in a directory in my fb2k installation, instead of having to install a piece of software I'll never use (because I use the open-source alternatives). I understand if I need to get them from a working installation, but I don't want to have it installed.

SO: what exactly is required from a WinAmp installation for this plug-in to work? If need be, I'll figure out a way to do this without having WinAmp (and post it here, of course).

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #490
..\foobar2000\components\
foo_vis_shpeck.dll

..\foobar2000\components\shpeck\Plugins
MilkDrop2 (folder)
nscrt.dll
vis_milk2.dll

Then you hold shift and click on the "..."-button in Shpeck preferences and enter your path.
Mine is: ..\foobar2000\components\shpeck\
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #491
Is there a way to install only the necessary .DLLs and other stuff, without having to install WinAmp?
I noticed there's a "browse" button in the configurations, and I heard (from earlier in the thread) that you could fake an installation, but is it really necessary? I mean, it doesn't actually use WinAmp.exe at all, right?

You can find the MilkDrop 2.1b "standalone" in this post.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #492
Hi, how can i fix this? thx

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #493
If someone could fix this problem I'm having, I'd be grateful.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7225/33565033.png

• Windows 7
  • 64 bit OS
  • foobar v1.0 Beta 1

As you can see from the screen shot, my Japanese characters display correctly in foobar. I always run under Japanese locale. Foobar does not receive the correct characters and spits out random garbage. I have had friends confirm that this happens on their computer's also.

This used to work correctly on my old laptop. I'm not sure if a new update (foobar, trillian, or the plugin) broke it.

It displays correctly when using Winamp (although doesn't show all of the info since I haven't customized it).

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #494
The version of MilkDrop included with the newest version of Winamp is not recognized by the plugin.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #495
Ditto, I can't get MilkDrop 2 to work at all.

I've tried every combination of Winamp 5.57 (newest as of 12/20/09), Winamp 5.56 (which includes nscrt.dll), the MilkDrop 2.1b "standalone" posted above, and both the 0.3.6 and 0.3.7 plugins, as well as copying nscrt.dll to pretty much every folder involved... MD1 works (kinda), but none of the combination can even detect MD2

Edit: Guess I should also mention that I'm using Windows 7 x64 and Foobar v0.9.6.9

:confused:

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #496
Open Main menu > View > Console and see what's there when you press [Refresh list] in Shpeck's preferences.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #497
Code: [Select]
[Shpeck] Searching for plugins, file mask = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_*.dll"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_avs.dll - module #0 - validated, added to list (Advanced Visualization Studio).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_milk.dll - module #0 - validated, added to list (MilkDrop 1.04).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_milk2.dll - could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\vis_nsfs.dll - could not load the DLL (probably caused by unresolved DLL dependencies).
[Shpeck] Plugin search done.

Seems it's a DLL issue.  However, I do have nscrt.dll in the Winamp and foobar2000 root directories and %systemroot%\system32, so it must be something else (missing?).

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #498
vis_milk2.dll needs also MSVCR90.DLL and VMS_DESKTOP.DLL

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #499
I should also mention that MD2 works perfectly fine in Winamp.

Both the DLLs are in the Winamp directory (root or plugins), but even if I copy both to the foobar2000 root, still no dice.

If I copy MSVCR90.DLL (with or without the *.manifest) to the foobar2000 root, it still doesn't work, and the logfile says the same thing as above.  However, I also get an MSVC runtime error:

Code: [Select]
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
yadda yadda yadda