Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunes Pepsi 100 Million Free Songs Promotion (Read 4579 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunes Pepsi 100 Million Free Songs Promotion

Well I see the ads for the free 100 Million iTunes songs are splashed all over the web beginning today Feb 1st. I believe Apple and Pepsi will be running a Superbowl ad to promote iTunes in addition to Pepsi's 'Jimi Hendrix as a young lad' Superbowl commercial.

This appears to be good news to help promote Apple iTunes/iPod sales and give wider exposure to M4A/AAC files and the MP4 audio format to the masses. How much of an effect do you think this marketing effort will have in helping to bring M4A audio to people and get them to try using iTunes and/or iPods? Is this a marketing "hit" or "miss" in your opinion?

I am sure many new users will find HA as a result of this promotion and will be asking questions about their newly discovered M4A and M4P files...

Reply #1
Yeah, of course this will only help sell iPods and contribute to people's awareness of AAC.
Whether that results in a lot of people finding HA... yeah, that will happen too, so we better try to remain patient to all those noobs 

BTW, how exactly are iTunes and Pepsi going to "give away" those songs?
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #2
BTW, how exactly are iTunes and Pepsi going to "give away" those songs?

One in three of every Pepsi bottle has a code that you can enter at the iTMS.

Reply #3
Next we'll probably be seeing a market in people selling lots of unused Pepsi lid codes for iTunes songs on eBay...

Reply #4
Next we'll probably be seeing a market in people selling lots of unused Pepsi lid codes for iTunes songs on eBay...

RoFl... this will herald the start of bottle cap collecting again.

Wouldn't mind free tunes since Pepsi/Apple are gonna pay for it. It will definitely help Apple's music store no doubt in a positive way. As for format publicity it will help it in leaps and bounds.

Regards

AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #5
tunerecycler.com

With the Tune Recycler, you can send us your unwanted iTunes bottlecap codes and we'll use them to support independent music.  Easy for you, and good for musicians.

Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.