Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341848 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2400
Hello, exist method fill new field "first release" according to a key "%artist%, %title%" without using field %album% ? Im need raw song release date. Thanks.

Reply #2401
@Teddox

In general:
Removal of parentheses with content
Code: [Select]
$puts(spacer,$strchr(%title%,'('))$trim($left(%title%,$sub($get(spacer),1)))
Highschool Lover (Theme from the Virgin Suicides) → Highschool Lover

Extraction of content between parentheses
$puts(char1,'(')$puts(char2,')')$puts(tag,%title%)$puts(spacer1,$strchr($get(tag),$get(char1)))$puts(spacer2,$strrchr($get(tag),$get(char2)))$trim($substr($get(tag),$add($get(spacer1),1),$sub($get(spacer2),1)))
Highschool Lover (Theme from the Virgin Suicides) → Theme from the Virgin Suicides

Further info: Titleformat Examples.

Reply #2402
First time poster, so forgive me if I missed anything.

First, I want to say I love this plug-in and I've been using it forever - so thanks so much for keeping it up to date with all the Discogs API changes that we've seen.

However, as of 2.0 (I believe), I realized that I no longer get album art previews during track matching even though I have that option checked. Furthermore, previously there was a drop down to select the Genre if more than one was listed on Discogs - that too has disappeared. Instead, every genre is written. I would prefer to choose which Genre is written (and not just "always the first" or anything like that). Am I missing anything in settings or is my install somewhat weird?

Again, thanks for all the work you've put into this component.

Reply #2403
@Teddox

In general:
Removal of parentheses with content
$puts(spacer,$strchr(%title%,'('))$trim($left(%title%,$sub($get(spacer),1)))
Highschool Lover (Theme from the Virgin Suicides) → Highschool Lover

Extraction of content between parentheses
$puts(char1,'(')$puts(char2,')')$puts(tag,%title%)$puts(spacer1,$strchr($get(tag),$get(char1)))$puts(spacer2,$strrchr($get(tag),$get(char2)))$trim($substr($get(tag),$add($get(spacer1),1),$sub($get(spacer2),1)))
Highschool Lover (Theme from the Virgin Suicides) → Theme from the Virgin Suicides

Further info: Titleformat Examples.

PeteG, as it seems you got quite used to the syntax, how do you handle cases like "title (title extension) (remix)" then? ;-) THX i.a.

Reply #2404
I am a bit new to using arrays and such but does anyone know how to extract parts of the track title and then add it to a new tag? As an example this release - https://www.discogs.com/Armin-van-Buuren-Shivers-Remixes/release/470534 - has the a remix by Christian Weber, and I want to parse the track name and grab only the part between the ( ), in this case "Christian Weber Remix" then add that to a mix tag.
Note: You might prefer to use the Remix credits coming straight from Discogs. See the default (disabled) REMIXED_BY tag mapping for example.

Hello, exist method fill new field "first release" according to a key "%artist%, %title%" without using field %album% ? Im need raw song release date. Thanks.
There is no efficient way to do that. Discogs doesn't track individual tracks, only releases. An inefficient way would be to load the tracklist of every release by an artist and search for tracks with the same title and find the earliest date. This would be too slow to be practical (for artists with hundreds or thousands of releases).

First time poster, so forgive me if I missed anything.

First, I want to say I love this plug-in and I've been using it forever - so thanks so much for keeping it up to date with all the Discogs API changes that we've seen.

However, as of 2.0 (I believe), I realized that I no longer get album art previews during track matching even though I have that option checked. Furthermore, previously there was a drop down to select the Genre if more than one was listed on Discogs - that too has disappeared. Instead, every genre is written. I would prefer to choose which Genre is written (and not just "always the first" or anything like that). Am I missing anything in settings or is my install somewhat weird?

Again, thanks for all the work you've put into this component.
Thanks for the feedback! The preview image is currently on the Preview Tags dialog, although there have been a couple requests to move it to an earlier position. The drop down button to select genre/style has been removed. The new recommendation would be to go to the Preview Tags dialog, click on GENRE or STYLE and edit it to your liking. Any tags can be edited this way (or of course outside of foo_discogs, in foobar2000 directly). foo_discogs no longer has any hardcoded ideas about specific tags; they are all arbitrarily defined via tag formatting strings.

Reply #2405
One obvious error in the credits is "to to".
Obvious to your eyes 8-)

Is it possible to add an option to the preferences, like "[X] skip information retrieving only for errornous entries and continue w/o error-message and abortion", so that the user gets its information to the files, when the parsing process is not successful for some "minor" information ?

I'm not able to "fix" all the errors on the DiscoGS website, that occour in the component (but I see, that it'll be better to fix them on the DiscoGS database, instead building workarounds inside the fine component....)

Reply #2406
Hi zoomorph,

a feature request, if possible:
the "auto search artists when opening find release dialog" option is great and very convenient!
Also the automatic insertion of the album-title into the filter-text-field is a nice one!

...but I recognize, that on some music-files, (which I tagged before 2010) I have entered a little bit too much information, like
Album-name (EP)
Album-name E.P.
Album-name Vinyl
Album-name w/o CD-ROM Part

so the automatic filtering does not show a good result, when filtering for "Album-name".

I then have to delete the "(EP)" or "Vinyl" part from the filter-text-field and the filter works fine.

Question: Can we have an option in the prefs to automaticly delete words like the above? Like a Ignore Word list, which then will remove the given words from the filter-text?

Say:
Ignore List: Vinyl, (EP), E.P., w/o CD-ROM Part
would put "Album-name" into the filter-text-field and not "Album-name (EP)"

(A pimped feature could be an automated text-replace option, like replace "E.P." or "(EP)" to EP, but the above should work fine)

Reply #2407
Might be this exists, but if I have not come across it:
I would love to be able to remove 'writeables' spontaneously occasionally for a single tag update case (i.e. I might have a custom / unified artist name I want to keep, instead of the Discogs one, which might be more accurate, but does not group well in certain apps if there's different spellings...), but I would like to do this on the fly (for 1 or multiple fields...) without editing the master/global template for write/update/disable settings.

(also, while on the topic - what is the different between 'write, ''update' and 'write & update') ?

Cheers.
c.

Reply #2409
Question: Can we have an option in the prefs to automaticly delete words like the above? Like a Ignore Word list, which then will remove the given words from the filter-text?

Say:
Ignore List: Vinyl, (EP), E.P., w/o CD-ROM Part
would put "Album-name" into the filter-text-field and not "Album-name (EP)"
It would make sense to specify the contents of the search via a tag formatting string (%ALBUM ARTIST% by default).

But in the meantime (since I can't promise this will ever be added), I think you should use foobar2000's builtin tag editing features to remove those from the album name tag, if they are unnecessary (maybe store them in a different tag).

Reply #2410
thanks,
[...] in the meantime (since I can't promise this will ever be added), I think you should use foobar2000's builtin tag editing features to remove those from the album name tag, if they are unnecessary (maybe store them in a different tag).
The "unneeded" tags will be removed automaticly, when updating the tags with your fine component :-)
(the manually typed "Vinyl" in the album-tag, for instance, will be magicially "removed" into the DISCOGS_FORMAT-tag...)

removing them first, with i.e. a masstagger-script, just to update the tags one step later again with your component just adds additional steps, so there will be no saving in work or time. thats why, my initial idea came up, for a filter-replace-thing, which supports users to delete unneeded parts of the automaticly-inserted-search not by hand, but automaticly. so the search find more hits with a cleand album title, than with the "wrong" album title :-)

It would make sense to specify the contents of the search via a tag formatting string (%ALBUM ARTIST% by default).
I found it sometimes annoying, when something like "various artist" or "VA" or "V.A." is automaticly inserted into the find-artist-field, when there is an -correct filled- %ARTIST%-tag, which could be used instead.
dunno, if its me or the fine component :-)

anyways, just another boring old question:
why is the "parse hidden track"-feature working here,
but not here?

Reply #2411
what is the different between 'write, ''update' and 'write & update') ?
simple as this: ;-)
- write will only write, not update. (if no tag exists, write a tag. if a tag exists, don't overwrite/update it.)
- update will only update, not write. (if a tag exists, update it. do not create tags, which don't extist in the file)
- write&update will do both. (I don't care, just tag my files with all the tags I specified in the fine component...)

Might be this exists, but if I have not come across it:
I would love to be able to remove 'writeables' spontaneously occasionally for a single tag update case (i.e. I might have a custom / unified artist name I want to keep, instead of the Discogs one, which might be more accurate, but does not group well in certain apps if there's different spellings...), but I would like to do this on the fly (for 1 or multiple fields...) without editing the master/global template for write/update/disable settings.

well, the various options in this very flexible component are great. nothing to complain. but some options are way too hidden from the user, when it comes to a mass tagging/updating, like the user wants to tag more than 30 releases which -by their nature- are completely different.

I found it inconvenient to not be able to change some settings on the fly, like with a button inside the "Match Tracks" Window. instead, the user needs to abort (maybe looses all his manually sortings of the tracks) and go to the settings with a lot of clicks, changes the settings, goes back to the "Match Tracks" window, and so on for each release which differs.

I think, it woulbe be more convenient to have some buttons around to change things on the fly too.
like: Replace ANVs, parse hidden tracks, artwork fetching, track lenght matching, etc...

As for your question, I have come across this too and for now, I'm using a texteditor and the clipboard to quickly change things in the templates. I have added keyboad-shortcuts for most of the windows I do need very often, like the edit-tag-mappings or Configure-popup, so I can reach them faster.
I also would love to have something like a "switch" to switch to different tag-formatting-strings, but I guess, this would be kinda too special and complicated for the most users.

Reply #2412
I think, it woulbe be more convenient to have some buttons around to change things on the fly too.
like: Replace ANVs, parse hidden tracks, artwork fetching, track lenght matching, etc...
the "[X] artist auto search" checkbox is gone unfortunately from the find release window.

Reply #2413
I'm using a texteditor and the clipboard to quickly change things in the templates.
Sweet, where's the text file based template for the foo_discogs settings ? (I'm not at home atm, but will dig tonight to see if I can find it)

I also would love to have something like a "switch" to switch to different tag-formatting-strings, but I guess, this would be kinda too special and complicated for the most users.
Not sure - question for zoomorph !
But, if it already is managed as an editable ascii file that it uses for default write/update/disabled settings, then these should be easily switchable templates... i.e. save more of the template etext file in a given location, and have a drop down list in foo_discogs GUI to switch between them, similar to foo_masstaggers save/load templates functionality ?
Just a thought though.
Also, thanks for the reply fluffi!
c.

Reply #2414
Meh. Double posting.
Delete.
c.

Reply #2415
Request - could we please have a %now% / %systemtime% variable within the foo_discogs variables/formatting syntax ?

I would love to add the YYYY_MM_DD date to a files' metadata custom field once it has been processed through foo_discogs, i.e. atm I have added a custom field named DISCOGS_TAG_DATE, which I started playing with over the weekend, but have not figured out a dynamic formatting syntax that works for/within foo_discogs, so for now I hand populate that field (and adjust the date value to be true for the given day.... not ideal, but at least a start, as I am re-tagging a lot of things again... and will try around with PeteG's suggestion, but ideally [for me and my case :D], foo_discogs would have a %now% variable similar to foo_masstagger [wjhich is not accessible for anything byt foo_masstagger from how it looks]).

Source, where this comes from - here:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,113437

Cheerio.
c.

Reply #2416
Thanks for the feedback! The preview image is currently on the Preview Tags dialog, although there have been a couple requests to move it to an earlier position. The drop down button to select genre/style has been removed. The new recommendation would be to go to the Preview Tags dialog, click on GENRE or STYLE and edit it to your liking. Any tags can be edited this way (or of course outside of foo_discogs, in foobar2000 directly). foo_discogs no longer has any hardcoded ideas about specific tags; they are all arbitrarily defined via tag formatting strings.

Thanks for the response! I'll use your suggested method. I too would put in a vote for viewing the album art earlier like previous versions.

Reply #2418
I'm using the latest version of both Foobar (1.3.14) and foo_discogs (2.04) and I keep running into an issue that I've never come across before, whereby the results that are displayed and available to me in the tagger differ to what's on display on Discogs.

For example, when I try to tag the following compilation (https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Ultimate-Jungle-Collection/release/89301), instead of getting tag info for 2 different discs, I get the information for the first disc twice. This has also been happening with EPs where Discogs will list the contents as say,: 01. Track One, 02. Track Two, 03. Track Three etc., but foo_discogs returns 03. Track Three, 03. Track Three, 03. Track Three.

It also happened on this release: https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Hype-Roll-The-Beats-Remix/release/63901
and https://www.discogs.com/Tom-And-Jerry-Maxi-Mun-Style-Remix/release/245182

Up until now, I've been going through with the write procedure but then correcting the tags and track numbers manually, but on something like a large compilation, that's a lot of work. And since it keeps happening, I figure there's something going on that you might like to know about and look into.

Any ideas?

Reply #2419
Update to the latest foo_disocgs first, which is 2.12 atm. I had the same happening to me in earlier version, but that was fixed since.
c.

Reply #2421
Update to the latest foo_disocgs first, which is 2.12 atm. I had the same happening to me in earlier version, but that was fixed since.
c.

I see. I checked the in-app updater to see if there was a newer version but it said no. Thanks for the heads up.

Reply #2422
Hi zoomorph,

its been a long time, since I changed something to my formatting strings.

Today, I regognized, that to my tag "DISCOGS_ARTISTS_ALL_NAME_VARIATIONS" with the formatting string "%<<ARTISTS_ALL_NAME_VARIATIONS>>%", something like this is written to a file:

[...], Michael Sammes Singers And Orchestra, Michael Sammes Singers, The, Mike Sammes & His Famous Singers, Mike Sammes & Male Quartet, Mike Sammes & The Singers, Mike Sammes Chorus And Singers, Mike Sammes Quartet, Mike Sammes Singers And Orchestra, Mike Sammes Singers, The, Mike's Singers, Sammes Chorus, Sammes Chorus, The, The Michael Sammes Singers, [...]

Is there a way to replace the comma "," with an semicolon ";" ? so automatic scripting or manual reading of ANVS do not confuse? :-)

Reply #2423
Hi zoomorph,

I nailed an "old bug" down, and like to explain what I did to hopefully get someone to reproduce it.

The bug is, that sometimes, while in the "Find Release" window and the fetching of an artist and/or their releases is still active, *and* you type something in the album filter, that release which matches the typed album title happens to appear more than once in the "Releeases" window.

Say, the fine component fetches releases of an artist "foo" and then it fetches the albums "bar" of that artist.

you type "b" in the album filter and while the fetching of albums is still active and you type "a" "r" in the filter field and all the releases which matches "bar" are listed, some are listed multiple times. (I'm talking about identical/same releases, not different, like EP, 7" or LP. they're doublettes, like 3 times the same EP or 2 times the same 7" release)

when you now click on the artist (on the left side of the "Find Release" Window), the Releases List is ordered/renewed again and after that, the doublettes have disapeared.
(also, as a side effect, the master release (marked with a star "*"), which was shown somewhere in the list, is now at the top of the list (which is very useful).

hopefully, I could explain it a little bit, so everybody get what I want to express :-)

Its not a big bug, because everything is working, but it only a display-bug.

Reply #2424
Hi zoomorph,

a)
when updating 10 releases at once with the update feature,
the fine component gives an error:
(FATAL) Error: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.

would it be possible to throw out more specific information, like, i.e., which release number the error occours?

or, even better, ask the user to skip this release from updating?

b)
again, I'm having problems to see/understand/recognize what the problem with the credits can be and how to fix them on the discoGS database.
I guess its simple for everybody else, but me, but I really don't see or/and can't understand, where the problem is.

Is it possible to pimp the error messages in your fine component, to show, what TAG or formatting string throws the error?
like:
(FATAL) Error: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.
TAG: DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDIT_FOO
that way, I (the user) could temporarely disable writing to that tag and continue working/updating/writting tags.

c)

EDIT:
unfortunately, DISABLING all the release_credit tags did not work.
the error does not stop for this release.

Is there anything I can do, beside updating the release on the discoGS database, which I'm too dumb to do..?