Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9.4] Re-ordering playlist (Read 1049 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9.4] Re-ordering playlist

When I first added my music library in Foobar2000 0.94, everything was put in alphabetical order. After adding subsequent directories, they were all added to the bottom of my music library, without regard for alphabetical order. How can I re-order them?

Also, is there a way to order in different ways (song, artist, album, etc.) like in iTunes or does it have to be by artist?

Reply #1
After adding subsequent directories, they were all added to the bottom of my music library
You mean your playlist? They are two different things. Note this well!

without regard for alphabetical order. How can I re-order them?
Sort them.

And since this is just asking the same thing:
Also, is there a way to order in different ways (song, artist, album, etc.) like in iTunes or does it have to be by artist?
Of course foobar2000 is not so absurdly limited!

Sort incoming files: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti..._incoming_files
Sort playlist: click one of the column headers
Add new column: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...e:Playlist_View

Sort away!

Reply #2
I thnk this is the problem. I don't have columns. I only have a single column called default. I don't have an option for Playlist view. I have rpeferences > display > default user interface, there are no other options after that.

Reply #3
Right. So you must still be using 0.9.4, I guess?

You’ll need to either download another UI such as Columns UI, or – and there are many other reasons to do this – upgrade to the latest version. 0.9.4 is ancient.

Reply #4
Right. So you must still be using 0.9.4, I guess?

You’ll need to either download another UI such as Columns UI, or – and there are many other reasons to do this – upgrade to the latest version. 0.9.4 is ancient.

I downloaded 0.9.4 because it's compatible with Last.fm. The newer versions don't seem to work with it. I even downloaded the foo audioscrobbler plugin and tried to use it with the newer version but it didn't work.

Reply #5
While there is an unofficial Audioscrobbler component, the official component does work with the latest foobar2000, although I think you may need to install it manually. And it also needs to be redone for the latest install system, since it tries to install it to the components directory, rather than the user-components directory.