Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP (Read 310648 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP

Reply #100
Oh, so you want something like a Play next (shuffled) command in the right-click menu? That currently isn't possible, but I'll consider adding it in the future.

Regarding Party Shuffle, by default, only the 5 last played songs will be kept in the list so it will automatically stay in a reasonable size. Note that you can also set Party Shuffle to randomly pick songs from another playlist in the library (see the plug-in's settings).

Reply #101
Hi Tim. Is WMPPlus.dll file is from your Windows Media Player Plus!? Because my wmp get crash with this info (I added with polish leng.):
Nazwa zdarzenia problemu:   APPCRASH
  Nazwa aplikacji:                   wmplayer.exe
  Wersja aplikacji:                   12.0.7601.17514
  Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji:   4ce7a485
  Nazwa modułu z błędem:   WMPPlus.dll
  Wersja modułu z błędem:   2.0.0.0
  Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem:   2a425e19
  Kod wyjątku:   c0000005
  Przesunięcie wyjątku:   00001cc5
  Wersja systemu operacyjnego:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych:   1045
  Dodatkowe informacje 1:                 0a9e
  Dodatkowe informacje 2:                   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Dodatkowe informacje 3:                   0a9e
  Dodatkowe informacje 4:                   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I reinstall my OS, and move CurrentDatabase_372.wmdb back (I wanted to save my ratings in FLAC). Library looks now good but this error... What can be a reason of this error?

More info:
System: Win7 x64
Player: WMP12 x32
Instaled codeks: Xiph.org 0.85.17777 64-bit

WMP Plugins: WMP Tag Plus 1.2
Windows Media player Plus! 2.0

Reply #102
Yes, WMPPlus.dll is the main plug-in DLL of Windows Media Player Plus. The 2.0 version did cause crashes sometimes but these crashes should have been fixed in version 2.1. Do you still get the crash after updating to 2.1?

Reply #103
Yes, WMPPlus.dll is the main plug-in DLL of Windows Media Player Plus. The 2.0 version did cause crashes sometimes but these crashes should have been fixed in version 2.1. Do you still get the crash after updating to 2.1?

Oh, I not noticed before. Can you fix the link in first post? As yet on 2.1 don't see errors. Thank you.
Btw. When you release a version witch saving mode to FLAC rating?

Reply #104
Oh, I not noticed before. Can you fix the link in first post? As yet on 2.1 don't see errors. Thank you.

Oh, the link in the first post indeed still pointed to 2.0. This is now fixed, thanks for letting me know.

Btw. When you release a version witch saving mode to FLAC rating?

This is actually WMP Tag Plus-related, so off-topic here. But I still don't have any plans to let WMP Tag Plus save ratings to FLAC files, for the reasons that I gave in the WMP Tag Plus thread.

Reply #105
I have some problem witch search mode in WMP12. Player don't find artist name like ":Motivate" or "E:Motion" when I type in search field. Of course the problem is in ":" symbol. Is it possible to fix this with the help of WMPPlus?

Reply #106
Indeed, it doesn't seem like it's possible to search for artist names that include a colon symbol. This is probably because the colon can be used for more advanced queries like artist:"Daft Punk". Even enclosing the name with the colon in double quotes doesn't seem to work. Unfortunately, I don't think that there's anything that WMP Plus can do about this.

Reply #107
Tim,
I installed Windows Media Player Plus on my windows  7 computer. It will not recognize my flac files. It puts them all into a unknown folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #108
Tim,
I installed Windows Media Player Plus on my windows  7 computer. It will not recognize my flac files. It puts them all into a unknown folder. Any help would be appreciated.

You should install WMP Tag Plus. But your are in the wrong thread, use this.

Reply #109
Hi Tim!

I found an interesting problem. I tried to edit some tags with Tag Editor Plus, but it returned me this error code: c00d002b
Sometimes the changes was saved after that, sometimes not. That happened yesterday, now i can't reproduce the situation.

Reply #110
Which tags did you edit? Was this just for a single file? What's its file type?

Reply #111
Single MP3 file, album title, track title, track no.

Reply #112
The next time this happens, could you please upload the file through something like Yousendit and PM me the link? Thanks.

Reply #113
Of course.

Reply #114
Hey Tim, great plugin, but unfortunately I am getting the same error as WonderCsabo when I try to edit a certain tags in certain files. I can't upload any of the files right now as I am on a painfully slow connections (we're talking single digit kb/s here), but will try to at a later stage.

By the way, a great addition would be the ability to edit multiple tags at once (handy for album/artist when editing a whole album's tags) and a "next" button allowing me to go straight to editing the tag on the next song in the playlist.

Reply #115
Hey Tim, great plugin, but unfortunately I am getting the same error as WonderCsabo when I try to edit a certain tags in certain files. I can't upload any of the files right now as I am on a painfully slow connections (we're talking single digit kb/s here), but will try to at a later stage.

In the meantime, WonderCsabo has uploaded the affected file and it turns out that the error is most likely caused by the file itself that isn't completely valid. So I suggest that you scan the files for problems with MP3 Validator and let that program repair any problems it found. Then check if you still get the error afterwards.

By the way, a great addition would be the ability to edit multiple tags at once (handy for album/artist when editing a whole album's tags) and a "next" button allowing me to go straight to editing the tag on the next song in the playlist.

Do you mean editing the tags of multiple songs at once? This was already added in version 2.0. I am planning to add previous/next buttons to Tag Editor Plus in one of the next versions.

Reply #116
Hi,

I hope this is not too trivial a matter.

Windows Media Player keeps 'losing' the plugin. It starts fine after download and installing if I launch WMP from the installation wizard but as soon as WMP is closed and then restarted the plugin is missing and not listed in the plugin options of WMP.

After reading through this thread I see there is no 64 bit version (I am running win 7 64), however it is mentioned that x86 should run seamlessly. Is the issue caused by my using 64 bit and how can I download the x86 version mentioned? I have just upgraded to 7 from XP and I don't want to use WMP without the beloved Plus plugin.

I would be very greatful if you could help me with the problem.

Kind regards,

Simon

Reply #117
To check which version of WMP is running, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to start Task Manager. In Task Manager, look for wmplayer.exe on the Processes tab, it will have *32 next to it if it's the 32-bit version. If not, it's the 64-bit version which is indeed incompatible with WMP Plus.

See the following article for instructions on how to make the 32-bit version the default: (right after "To undo the x64 change")

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-set-6...-default-player

Just running the %WinDir%\system32\unregmp2.exe /SwapTo:32 command might be enough, I'm not sure if you'll also need to create and run the .reg file.

Reply #118
I've been using WMP Plus! for a while and have found it to be amazingly helpful. I recently switched over to Windows 7 & here's my comments/suggestions/issues.

1. I would really appreciate if you could integrate the "show currently playing media in Windows media player's title bar now playing" feature into the "Now Playing" window. (Would it be possible to make it scroll when the info is too long to fit?)

2. In that feature I use the ATF Editor to display a lot of file attributes. I would like to display whether the file is VBR  or CBR but it always displays CBR (sometimes it'll start off VBR, and then immediately switch to saying CBR), additionally is it possible to display dynamic bitrate like foobar2000 does?

3. I find that when I choose the option to re-enable all previously active plugins after a crash the plugins do not get enabled.

4. Would it be possible to add a feature to restore the "Find in Library" context menu item to files that are in the playlists. It really bugs me that this was removed in WMP12.

5. 2 issues with the feature to display the File context menu. First, can you set an accelerator key for it to make it easier to use w/o a mouse, ('f' is taken by 'Find album info' & 'e' by 'Edit', so it would have to be 'i' or 'l')
Second, I'm having issues with getting all the context menu items to appear. Sometimes most of them don't display, and I don't know what causes it. It seems like it depends on which file I'm clicking on, or sometimes even which field I clicked on. Here's 3 screenshots to show what I mean:
Good:

Bad:

Worse:

Thanks for all the work you put into this

Reply #119
1. I would really appreciate if you could integrate the "show currently playing media in Windows media player's title bar now playing" feature into the "Now Playing" window. (Would it be possible to make it scroll when the info is too long to fit?)

This is a current limitation of that feature. For what it's worth, the currently playing media does show up in the Now Playing title bar when the Windows Classic theme is used. I will look into this for one of the next releases.

At the moment, I don't have any plans to make the text scroll. It would be hard to determine the exact amount of text that fits in title bar anyway, especially with resizable windows and theming.

2. In that feature I use the ATF Editor to display a lot of file attributes. I would like to display whether the file is VBR  or CBR but it always displays CBR (sometimes it'll start off VBR, and then immediately switch to saying CBR), additionally is it possible to display dynamic bitrate like foobar2000 does?

I have also seen the %vbr% field returning incorrect values, but it simply returns what is provided by WMP so there's little that I can do about that. The switch during playback is a bit weirder but could be explained by the fact that a song needs to be played at least once for WMP to get the correct info. Does the switch occur every time you play a specific song?

With dynamic bitrate, do you mean that the shown bitrate constantly gets updated with the current value? Unfortunately, WMP doesn't seem to provide that info so I'm afraid that it's not possible.

3. I find that when I choose the option to re-enable all previously active plugins after a crash the plugins do not get enabled.

This is a known bug in the current version, at least on 64-bit editions of Windows Vista and 7. It can be worked around by running the following command in an administrator Command Prompt:

Code: [Select]
sdbinst -u -g {00a8ce68-cb2e-4652-aecd-c05c0d9d53a7}

Note that after applying this workaround, each time you run WMP after having used Media Center, WMP will automatically open the properties of some plug-ins (including WMP Plus).

4. Would it be possible to add a feature to restore the "Find in Library" context menu item to files that are in the playlists. It really bugs me that this was removed in WMP12.

I'm not sure yet if it's possible, but I will also look into it for one of the next releases.

First, can you set an accelerator key for it to make it easier to use w/o a mouse, ('f' is taken by 'Find album info' & 'e' by 'Edit', so it would have to be 'i' or 'l')

Setting a fixed accelerator isn't feasible because the accelerators for WMP's own menu items differ between languages, so each letter of "File" is probably going to conflict in some language. I might add code to automatically set a non-conflicting accelerator, although that could confuse users if the accelerator changes between versions.

Second, I'm having issues with getting all the context menu items to appear. Sometimes most of them don't display, and I don't know what causes it. It seems like it depends on which file I'm clicking on, or sometimes even which field I clicked on.

That definitely shouldn't happen and doesn't occur on any of my systems. Are you using the latest version of the plug-in (2.1)? Does it happen for the same songs each time or is it completely random? Would it be possible to provide some exact steps to reproduce?

Reply #120
I have also seen the %vbr% field returning incorrect values, but it simply returns what is provided by WMP so there's little that I can do about that. The switch during playback is a bit weirder but could be explained by the fact that a song needs to be played at least once for WMP to get the correct info. Does the switch occur every time you play a specific song?

I can't get it to reproduce, but i believe you're right that it was the first time WMP played the song.

Setting a fixed accelerator isn't feasible because the accelerators for WMP's own menu items differ between languages, so each letter of "File" is probably going to conflict in some language. I might add code to automatically set a non-conflicting accelerator, although that could confuse users if the accelerator changes between versions.

Is it possible for me to set it myself using the registry, or does it need to be coded into the plugin?

Second, I'm having issues with getting all the context menu items to appear. Sometimes most of them don't display, and I don't know what causes it. It seems like it depends on which file I'm clicking on, or sometimes even which field I clicked on.

That definitely shouldn't happen and doesn't occur on any of my systems. Are you using the latest version of the plug-in (2.1)? Does it happen for the same songs each time or is it completely random? Would it be possible to provide some exact steps to reproduce?

I can't get it to reproduce now, but it seemed completely random.

Reply #121
Is it possible for me to set it myself using the registry, or does it need to be coded into the plugin?

It needs to be coded into the plug-in.

Reply #122
Great plug-in, works 100% and the sort by disk is also working
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #123
I seem to be having an issue with the What I'm listening to feature of Windows Media Player Plus! 

When I go to activate it, I am told that the Windows Live Messenger Music plugin is still enabled, even though it is deactivated in Windows Media Player.  I am currently using a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 SP1 which has WMP version 12.0.7601.17514, and the latest version of Windows Live Messenger which came out about a week or so ago, version 15.4.3555.308.  The only other thing I have installed related to Windows Live Messenger would be the latest version of MSGPlus!.  Prior to running MSN for the first time I also used A-Patch to remove the banner ads in the program. 

For good measure I also tried unchecking Show information about the song I'm listening to in Live Messenger itself thinking that maybe it was causing the plugin to load even with it disabled in WMP, but no luck there either.

I am at a loss as to what else to try to get What I'm listening to working in WMP/WLM.

Reply #124
Are you using the latest version of WMP Plus as well (2.1)?

Please close WMP, copy/paste the following into Notepad, save it as a WMP.reg file, and double-click this file to add it to the registry:

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins\{0776F107-F5A6-404B-9A78-7027FA6EAADD}]
"Running"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins\{0776F107-F5A6-404B-9A78-7027FA6EAADD}]
"Running"=dword:00000000

Then restart WMP. Are you able to activate the What I'm Listening To feature of WMP Plus now?