Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to pipe FLACs to fdkaac in ffmpeg and keep tags? (Read 7775 times) previous topic - next topic

How to pipe FLACs to fdkaac in ffmpeg and keep tags?

I can convert FLAC files to m4as with the following command line, piping ffmpeg output to fdkacc, but the FLAC's ID3 tags get lost in the process.

Code: [Select]
ffmpeg.exe -i input.flac -f wav - | fdkaac.exe -I -p 29 -m 0  -G 2 - -o "%~n1.m4a"

What do I add to this command line to transfer the tags to the new m4a file -- hopefully without resorting to an intermediate text file?

Re: How to pipe FLACs to fdkaac in ffmpeg and keep tags?

Reply #1
I don't know if it's possible with ffmpeg, but I believe Tag can transfer tags from one file to the other.

Reply #2
I can convert FLAC files to m4as with the following command line, piping ffmpeg output to fdkacc, but the FLAC's ID3 tags get lost in the process.
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg.exe -i input.flac -f wav - | fdkaac.exe -I -p 29 -m 0  -G 2 - -o "%~n1.m4a"
Try -f caf instead of -f wav. fdkaac is able to read only CAF tags.

Reply #3
That did it.  Thank you.