Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ARCue.pl - Check whole CD rips with AccurateRip (Read 131280 times) previous topic - next topic

ARCue.pl - Check whole CD rips with AccurateRip

Reply #50
megaupload works for me, or rapidshare I suppose.  Either of those are at least 30 days from last download before they're removed.

Reply #51
I made a few additions to your scripts to write the output of arcue.pl to a text file that is then copied to the destination directory(s) as well as embedded in the FLAC image (if that is your desired format).

Code: [Select]
REM ** run ARCue on source WAV file
IF NOT @RunAccurateRip@==1 GOTO endAR
    ECHO.
    ECHO Processing image from AccurateRip database...
    ECHO.
    "@ARCue@" "@sourcecuesheet@">@arlog@
    TYPE @arlog@

REM ** if inaccurate, abort, otherwise continue script
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO error_1
    GOTO endAR

:error_1
    ECHO Some tracks were not accurately ripped, aborting compression...
    ECHO Exiting script
    PAUSE

REM ** cleanup temp files
    GOTO Cleanup
:endAR

add
arlog=accuraterip.log
to the react.ini

add
--tag-from-file="accuraterip=accuraterip.log"
to your flac commandline in the flac image section.

add
COPY /Y @arlog@ %dest%
to the image section as well to copy the actual log file.

Reply #52
add
arlog=accuraterip.log
to the react.ini

add
--tag-from-file="accuraterip=accuraterip.log"
to your flac commandline in the flac image section.

add
COPY /Y @arlog@ %dest%
to the image section as well to copy the actual log file.

You should use the @arlog@ variable for for your flac command line options as well.

--tag-from-file="accuraterip=@arlog@"

Reply #53
My latest additions to my REACT2 code:

REACT.ini
RunAccurateRip=1
ARCue=C:\Download\Media\Music\Tools\ARCue\ARCue.pl
arlog=accuraterip.log
CopyAR=0
TagAR=1

REACT-image.cfg
REM ** Initialize accuraterip variables
SET ar_copy=0
SET ar_tag=

REM ** Run ARCue on source WAV file and output results if desired
IF NOT @RunAccurateRip@==1 GOTO endAR
    REM ** Set accuraterip variables
    SET ar_copy=@CopyAR@
    IF @TagAR@==1 SET ar_tag=--tag-from-file="accuraterip=@arlog@"

ECHO.
    ECHO Processing image from AccurateRip database. Please wait...
    ECHO.
    "@ARCue@" "@sourcecuesheet@"|find /v ".cue">@arlog@
    TYPE @arlog@

REM ** If inaccurate, ask user what to do, otherwise continue script
    IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO endAR
    ECHO.
    ECHO Error validating image with AccurateRip.
    ECHO.

:ask
    SET choice=
    ECHO Enter [c] to continue anyway.
    ECHO Enter [d] to delete temp files and exit.
    SET /p choice="Enter [x] to exit without deleting temp files: "
    IF [%choice%]==[c] GOTO continue
    IF [%choice%]==[d] GOTO error_1
    IF [%choice%]==[x] EXIT
    ECHO.
    ECHO [%choice%] is invalid.
    ECHO.
    GOTO ask

:error_1
    REM ** Cleanup temp files
    GOTO Cleanup

:continue
    REM ** If failed but continuing, set variables so @arlog@ is not copied or embeded
    SET ar_copy=0
    SET ar_tag=

:endAR

under FLAC image
flac.exe @Opt_Flac@ %RG_Flac% %Cover_tag% -T "%ArtistField%=@cdartist@" -T album="@album@" -T totaltracks="$numtracks$" -T date="@year@" -T genre="@genre@" -T encoding="Flac @Ver_Flac@ @Opt_Flac@" --tag-from-file="cuesheet=@cuesheet@" --tag-from-file="eaclog=@eaclog@" %ar_tag% "@source@" -o "@image@"

and

IF %ar_copy%==1 COPY /Y @arlog@ %dest%

under FLAC and LAME tracks
IF %ar_copy%==1 COPY /Y "@sourcedir@\@arlog@" .

Cleanup section
REM ** Cleanup
:Cleanup
DEL "@source@"
DEL "@eaclog@"
DEL "@cuesheet@"
DEL "@albumfile@.[*].cue"
DEL "@cover@"
DEL "@arlog@"

I hope this is useful for someone else too!

EDIT - fixed some logical and syntax errors....must've been tired last night

Reply #54
Nice work.

For anyone interested arcue.pl has been updated with these error codes, you can download it from the normal download link on the first post.

Reply #55
Nice work.

For anyone interested arcue.pl has been updated with these error codes, you can download it from the normal download link on the first post.

Are you taking over ARCue for Chris?  Is there still going to be support for cd's with data tracks also added? Thanks for any info.

Reply #56

Nice work.

Are you taking over ARCue for Chris?  Is there still going to be support for cd's with data tracks also added? Thanks for any info.

He is still in the process of moving, he said his desk is coming soon, he's just set up the dev computer on the floor for now.  The other features are still on the to do list until such a time as he can get back to them.

Reply #57

Nice work.

He is still in the process of moving, he said his desk is coming soon, he's just set up the dev computer on the floor for now.  The other features are still on the to do list until such a time as he can get back to them.

Thanks for passing on the update.  I had a call from the desk supplier saying they'd made a mistake with the finishing, and it's going to be another 3 weeks whilst they start again!?!!  Anyway, I started to look at getting CDs with data tracks supported, and am considering what the best way to achieve this is.

Ideally, I'd quite like to have all the necessary data included in the cue sheet if possible.  Is there any way to fully detail a data track in a cue sheet?  From what I've read,

FILE "data.bin" BINARY
TRACK 10 MODE...

would be valid, but requires the track length to be determined from the file size of data.bin.  I'd rather not have to prompt the user to input data, as this would make automation harder.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Chris

Reply #58
I have a question. Does EAC using accruaterip download the cd checksums to the hardisk temporarily? If so, since alot of us want to use EAC + REACT to do our images, which means we want to run ARCue right after the ripping of a cd, could ARCue fetch the downloaded cd checksums that EAC downloads?

Of course, this will not work if EAC + accuraterip just loads the info into memory without saving to the hard drive. Any thoughts?

Reply #59
I have a question. Does EAC using accruaterip download the cd checksums to the hardisk temporarily? If so, since alot of us want to use EAC + REACT to do our images, which means we want to run ARCue right after the ripping of a cd, could ARCue fetch the downloaded cd checksums that EAC downloads?

Of course, this will not work if EAC + accuraterip just loads the info into memory without saving to the hard drive. Any thoughts?

AccurateRip does maintain a cache of checksums, in 'EAC/AccurateRipCache' from memory.  I'd rather not hardcode logic to deal with something so specific into ARCue, but a command line option to force the use of a specific file for the checksums might be a good alternative.  The calling code then need only identify which the most recently written bin file was, and point ARCue.pl to that.

Regards,

Chris

Reply #60
I think we need a logfile switch

arcue.pl source.cue -L arcue.log

Something like that.  What Wraithdu has done above works, but redirecting the output leaves you stairing at a blank screen until the entire checking process is done, and then TYPEs the creative log to the screen.  If the logfile creation were part of the script itself then you could still have regular file by file output while writing to the log file in perl.

Reply #61
A logfile option would be great.  I wasn't totally pleased with my solution either, but that was the best option available with batch scripting I think.  The user just has to have faith the perl script is actually doing something, lol.

Reply #62
So, what is the AccurateRip algo anyways? Best I could figure out...

Pseudocode:
where a cd frame equals 588 wav frames
where each wav frame equals 4 bytes
thus a cd frame equals 2352 bytes (read block size)

where accuraterip_crc(offset)
{
  sum framevalues[i] * (offset + i)
}

iterate through PCM WAVE audio data one cd frame at a time
{
? first track
-> skip first 4 cd frames
-> ? 4th cd frame: crc += (value of last wav frame of this cd frame) * 588 * 5
-> ? after 4th cd frame: crc += thiscdframe_wavframevalues.accuraterip_crc(cd_frame_num * 588 + 1)

? not first or last track
-> crc += thiscdframe_wavframevalues.accuraterip_crc(cd_frame_num * 588 + 1)

? last track
-> skip last cd frames
-> ? before last 5 cd frames: crc += thiscdframe_wavframevalues.accuraterip_crc(cd_frame_num * 588 + 1)
}

Is the algo documented anywhere? I want to be sure I'm getting this right (for my Ruby language implementation). The Ruby implementation has a chunk of inline'd C code which makes it significantly faster than the pure Perl version. The same would be true of the original Perl version if it used inlined code or (more appropriately) a module as Chris mentioned is possible to write. How sure are we that the implementation is correct?

*update*  I have overhauled my Ruby script skills on this endeavor. Now I've got it reading tocfiles and cuesheets without needing conversion. The algo works on everything I've tested so far. There are recent changes Chris made to ARCue.pl, I would like to know if there is a ChangeLog? (Or any recent communication at all, really. CK- I hope your move is going well and the desk works out!)

Code follows: http://osclab.net/foss/releases/notdown-0.22.tar.bz2

Reply #63
To everyone who contributed to the ARCue.pl script and REACT2 config changes - THANK YOU!   

I did a slightly modified version of the above with all my other REACT2 changes and all works well.  I can now set my Plextor to Burst mode and re-do the CD's that either fail, or AccurateRip doesn't know about.  With some of my rare CD's, that's probably 10% of my collection anyway, and I would want to securely rip them for peace of mind.

Robert

Reply #64
wraithdu,

I'm having one problem with a disc that is finally either bad, or not in the AR database.  It's not processing REACT any further after the EAC rip, at least from what I can tell.  It's not giving me the {C} choice menu.  Do you have any updates to your REACT code by chance?

Edit:  I fixed it so it now just moves past whether or not there are problems on the disc or not.  Has anyone verified that errorlevel 1 works and presents the choice menu?

Robert

Reply #65
wraithdu,

I'm having one problem with a disc that is finally either bad, or not in the AR database.  It's not processing REACT any further after the EAC rip, at least from what I can tell.  It's not giving me the {C} choice menu.  Do you have any updates to your REACT code by chance?

Hmm, I haven't actually ripped a disc recently that failed.  I'll try something if I get a chance tonight that should fail and report.  It should work though, the script looks good.  I guess it depends if the perl script is actually passing the errorlevel correctly...I can test it, but if it isn't, then I don't know how to fix it unfortunately.

Reply #66

wraithdu,

Hmm, I haven't actually ripped a disc recently that failed.  I'll try something if I get a chance tonight that should fail and report.  It should work though, the script looks good.  I guess it depends if the perl script is actually passing the errorlevel correctly...I can test it, but if it isn't, then I don't know how to fix it unfortunately.

Well...I tested it tonight.  Simple 3 track cue that is certainly not in AR, with the arcue.pl currently available (downloaded it tonight to be sure).  I get the message "Disc not present..." which should set the errorlevel to 1.  Testing it with a simple bat file, the errorlevel is NOT being returned to cmd.exe.  Hence it is 0 and the Choice menu will never be triggered.

Can someone familiar with Perl (using ActivePerl-5.8.8.820-MSWin32-x86-274739.msi as the engine) take a look at the script and figure out how to correctly return the error codes to the batch script?  Thanks!!

Reply #67
Hello guys, I have a request and I'm hoping you can help me with it.

I was thinking about how we can identify different pressings of the same CD album/issue. The problem you might be aware of: the TOC on CD A (made in Germany) and on CD B (made in England) are the same, but the audio isn't, or rather it has a different offset on the two pressings.

So the idea is to re-check and shift the offset of one track (ideally the shortest) of a CD that is in the AR database but where all tracks do not match for as long as it takes until we get a AR database match.

Can someone write a modified ARCue.pl so will accept an integer on the command line and use it as an offset modifier before checking a rip, plus the option to only check a specific track(s) and not the entire rip? This would be great, it's going to be a proof-of-concept tool to find a safe way of identifying these nasty "different pressings".

EDIT: Nope, I can't do it myself. My programming skills are very basic.

Reply #68
Can someone write a modified ARCue.pl so will accept an integer on the command line and use it as an offset modifier before checking a rip, plus the option to only check a specific track(s) and not the entire rip? This would be great, it's going to be a proof-of-concept tool to find a safe way of identifying these nasty "different pressings".

This may do what you need: Patched ARCue.pl

There's a new origin parameter which accepts an integer that indicates where the audio file begins with respect to the standard AccurateRip origin. For example, --origin=-30 indicates that the audio file begins 30 samples early wrt the AccurateRip origin (ie, it has 30 extra samples at the beginning and is missing 30 samples from the end). --origin=30 indicates that the audio file begins 30 samples late (ie, is missing 30 samples from the beginning but has 30 extra samples at the end).

The default is to use the AccurateRip standard origin. Any missing samples are filled with zeros when calculating the AccurateRip check values.

There's also a new --tracks parameter that accepts a list of tracks to check. The default is to check all tracks. You can tell the script to check only a subset of tracks like this: --tracks=2  ... or, --tracks=1-3 ... or, --tracks=1,3-5 ... etc.

There are a couple of other changes:

- When run on Unix/Linux, the script can read cue files with Windows line endings. Similarly, when run on Windows, it can read cue files with Unix line endings. This is useful for running the script on Linux with cue files generated by EAC.

- The script searches for the wav file in the same directory as the cue file. You don't need to cd to the directory containing the cue & wav files first.

I hope this helps.

David

Reply #69
Does your patched version fix the errorlevel return problem to the REACT2 batch script?

BTW, would the errorlevel be returned as normal and stored in %errorlevel%, or is it in %ErrLevel% as in the script?

Reply #70
I hope this helps.

David

Wow! Great work, thank you! 

I did a quick test with some old rips where I didn't set the offset correction and they can be verified! Next thing I'll try to verify a different pressing...

Btw, looking at the perl script there seems to be a limit of 588 samples... why is that?

Reply #71
Hello all,

I tried the updated script from David256. I can't get it to work.

The CD was ripped by me in Linux (Wine -> EAC). I installed libwww-perl (Gentoo 32 bit, perl-5.8.8). Here's what happens:

ARCue.pl Dead\ Again.cue

Checking AccurateRip database

Track   Ripping Status          [Disc ID: 00009cfa-1402170a]

1      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 2      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 3      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 4      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 5      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 6      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 7      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 8      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 9      Track not present in database.    [00000000]
 10     Track not present in database.    [3ef437c4]

Disc not present in AccurateRip database.

Here's the AccurateRip log I got when I initially ripped the CD:

Track   Ripping Status          [Disc ID: 001d413e-88122d0a]

1      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [0c9d2efe]
 2      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [81d7a414]
 3      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [4494fac6]
 4      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [2cdf6724]
 5      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [110f3d17]
 6      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [a4c2fc17]
 7      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [f2f37d46]
 8      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [5f72a931]
 9      Accurately Ripped    (confidence 6)     [7b5ca255]
 10     Accurately Ripped    (confidence 5)     [3ef437c4]

All Tracks Accurately Ripped.

So the last track's crc is correctly calculated somehow it seems. The crc's of the other tracks aren't calculated (all 00000000 crc's pop up instantly).
And here's my cue file:
REM DATE 2007
REM DISCID 88122D0A
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
PERFORMER "Type O Negative"
TITLE "Dead Again"
FILE "01. Dead Again.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Dead Again"
ISRC DEA450702170
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "02. Tripping A Blind Man.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Tripping A Blind Man"
ISRC DEA450702180
FILE "03. The Profits Of Doom.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "The Profits Of Doom"
ISRC DEA450702190
FILE "04. September Sun.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "September Sun"
ISRC DEA450702200
FILE "05. Halloween In Heaven.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Halloween In Heaven"
ISRC DEA450702210
FILE "06. These Three Things.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "These Three Things"
ISRC DEA450702220
FILE "07. She Burned Me Down.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "She Burned Me Down"
ISRC DEA450702230
FILE "08. Some Stupid Tomorrow.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Some Stupid Tomorrow"
ISRC DEA450702240
FILE "09. An Ode To Locksmiths.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "An Ode To Locksmiths"
ISRC DEA450702250
FILE "10. Hail And Farewell To Britian.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Hail And Farewell To Britian"
ISRC DEA450702260
Any idea what went wrong?

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]MODERATION: Codebox.[/size]

Reply #72
ARCue.pl only supports single WAV rips. You'll have to find a way to convert it somehow.

Reply #73
ARCue.pl only supports single WAV rips. You'll have to find a way to convert it somehow.

Oh, I guess that explains things

Thx for clearing that up!
mic

Reply #74

For the programming uninitiated, how do you go about installing Perl to use this script?

Download and install ActivePerl and you're ready to go.

For the even less initiated how do I continue?
I've install perl to C:/Perl, i've placed ARCue.pl in C:/Perl.
In windows XP sp2, when i go start/ run/ cmd what should I type then.
The best i can do is to open the .pl file in notepad.