Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: List of DAE Drive Features (Read 260030 times) previous topic - next topic

List of DAE Drive Features

Reply #75
Manufacturer - PIONEER
Type - DVD-RW
Model - DVR-212D
Accurate Stream - YES
Caching - YES
C2 Error Info - NO
Read Command - MMC 1
Gap Detection Mode: A, Secure
Read Offset Correction - +48
Overread - NO
HTOA - YES
Write Offset - +18
Write UPC/ISRC - YES
Write CD-Text - NO
Firmware - 1.24

Reply #76
Samsung SH-S223Q
Firmware: SB01
Caching: No
Accurate Stream: Yes
C2 Error Info: Yes
Read Offset Correction: +6
Gap Detection Mode: A
Overread: Don't think so, only checked for the lead-out
HTOA: Yes -- HOWEVER, EAC reports a timing problem a few seconds before track 1 index 1, and when I compared the rip to the same one I'd done with my Pioneer DVR-111D (which unfortunately doesn't want to read CDs anymore ), there were 25 frames of digital silence at that area.
Other observations:  Seems to read catalog numbers okay.  ISRCs, on the other hand, are a bit messed up.  For example, it reads "SC]QF0703807" when it should be "SEVGT0703807" -- the text part is wrong but the numbers are correct.

EDIT:  I figured out how to get a perfect copy of the HTOA with CDex, see 6 posts down.

Also, I discovered that the ISRCs can be read properly with CDRDAO (which you probably already have in your EAC folder).  Run "cdrdao scanbus" from the command prompt and copy your device number (e.g. "2,0,0").  Then run "cdrdao read-toc --device 2,0,0 mytoc.txt" (replace "2,0,0" with your device number) and it will scan the disc and write all TOC information including ISRCs to a text file.  This also works on my Lite-On SHM-165P6S which doesn't normally read ISRC's properly either.

Reply #77
HTOA: Yes -- HOWEVER, EAC reports a timing problem a few seconds before track 1 index 1, and when I compared the rip to the same one I'd done with my Pioneer DVR-111D (which unfortunately doesn't want to read CDs anymore ), there were 25 frames of digital silence at that area.

Sounds like a "no" to me. 

Reply #78
Sounds like a "no" to me. 

Well, it's better than nothing.  It did manage to get the other 2 minutes bit-for-bit correct, and the only 2 CDs I have with music in the HTOA go to analog silence by 2 seconds before track 1 index 1.  But that's not good enough for perfectionists like me .

Reply #79
Well maybe it is a yes.  What happens when you try in Secure mode?

Also, when you mention the ability to overread, you said you only checked for the lead out.  Did you try EAC's built-in test?  It is included with the test to detect the read sample offset correction.

Reply #80
I still get that bit of silence in secure mode, EAC shows a sync error and tries to reread.

I couldn't find a CD for EAC's offset test.  I used to have one but I'm not sure where it went, I'll look tomorrow.  I tested by using CD where I know the last track has non-zero samples up to (and past) the end, but I end up with 6 samples of silence at the end even with the overread option checked.

Reply #81
Any old disc should do for that test. EDIT: or new disc, pardon my figure of speech.

What happens when you try to rip the HTOA disc as an image or as a range that also includes the rest of the first track?

EDIT2: This makes me wonder your sync error is a bug with EAC.  Have you tried dBpoweramp?

Reply #82
EAC's offset test says "None" for overread.

dBpoweramp reports a read error also and aborts ripping the rest of the track.

Back to EAC, I tried extracting a range that included index 1 of track 1 also, which didn't help.  I noticed that the location of the silence was slightly different (by ~10 frames) as well as the duration (25 vs 21 frames) depending on whether burst mode or secure mode was used.  It was consistent, such that any 2 burst rips would always turn out the same, for example.  Then I tried unchecking the "Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information" box, and for the first disc this still resulted in 21 frames of silence (although again in a slightly different but consistent location).  When I tried the second disc the whole thing came out bit-identical to the rip I'd done on my Pioneer drive !

So I kind of figured that the drive was behaving differently around this area depending on which sector reading started at.  Then I thought to try CDex, which with default settings had some silence also.  I looked through the options, where I noticed that the number of sectors per read was configurable.  I changed it to 1, and sure enough it was able to read the HTOA on both discs identical to my Pioneer rips .

I'll describe what has to be done in CDex for any others with this drive since it's not quite straightforward.  First, in the drive settings, uncheck "Enable Jitter Correction" and set "Read Sectors" to 1.  Then select "Extract a section of the CD" from the Convert menu.  Make sure the Start Position and Stop Position are set to the first track.  Now, for the Start Position, it has to be set to a negative value, but CDex won't allow you to type this in normally.  However, if you type a negative number in Notepad or something, you can paste it into CDex.  Just come up with a negative number longer than the length of the HTOA, e.g. one of mine was a bit over 2 minutes, so I typed -3 in Notepad, then copy and paste that into the minutes area of the Start Position.  You can leave seconds/frames at 0.  For the Stop Position which is inclusive like EAC, you'd want it to be 0 min 0 sec -1 frames normally for the rip's length to be correct.  However, since CDex doesn't support sample granularity for offset correction, you can set the Stop Position to 0 min 0 sec 0 frames to get some extra samples.  Click OK and it should rip fine.  Then you can correct the offset by trimming 6 samples from the beginning and 582 samples from the end in an audio editor.

I wonder if Andre or spoon would be willing to add an option for the number of sectors per read...

Reply #83
Hi guys, do you know if any new drive can overread into the lead out? My only drive that could do it is dead so now I'm trying to buy a new one.

Thanks in advance
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.