Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: beta v1.6 beta 8 - profile folder migrating (Read 2364 times) previous topic - next topic

beta v1.6 beta 8 - profile folder migrating

With the latest beta v1.6 beta 8

New portable install now puts all configuration data in 'profile' subfolder of install folder instead of saving in the installation folder directly. Doesn't affect upgraded installs or non-portable.

I copied over my portable build to test this.

I was trying to put all the right files and folders from my existing portable build to the profile folder but I wasn't successful.

Here are the files and folders I've copied.

My plugins that were installed are not loaded.

Anything else needs doing to do this?

Re: beta v1.6 beta 8 - profile folder migrating

Reply #2
You'll need to move the user-components folder in there too.

Thanks for that. 

Here's my new profile folder with what I've done to make it work. Obviously, if you're doing this, create a copy of your entire portable folder for foobar2000 first.

Move all the file and folders marked Moved > and then start FB and close it. The sort out the remaining as shown. Your folders may vary.

Then restart FB to check if it still works.

Reply #3
Thanks for this, stevehero.  I didn't want to update over a superceded folder structure, and a clean install was a no-go after all the mods I've made.  I can add that there is no need to move the old version.txt file, it's created with the new version number when you first run 1.6.

Also, if you use the External Tags plugin with APEv2 text tags, be sure to move the "external-tags" folder into the profile folder before running (I also moved external-tags.db file there even though I don't use the sqlite option).  Finally, be sure if you are running user plugins pointed to external files (foo_dsp_convolver, foo_dsp_dolbyhp, foo_np_simple, etc.) that you check the paths in their configs.

Reply #4
Thanks for this, stevehero.  I didn't want to update over a superceded folder structure, and a clean install was a no-go after all the mods I've made...
 Thanks for your additional info, it'll help others.

Neither did I. :) the profile folders a  good idea too.

Reply #5
I'm after losing my file ops presets. It's down to this profile folder move as I've not used this feature since I did it.

Does anyone know what file this is? Cheers.

Edit. (Add these to the possible files that need moving over to the profile folder)
Code: [Select]
FileOps-Presets.txt
FileOps-Presets-Rename.txt