Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip 24-bit audio from DVD (Read 4383 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip 24-bit audio from DVD

Hi, new around here.

I was wondering if there was a program that lets you rip 24-bit audio from a DVD to WAV or at least some other format.  I have ImTOO DVD Audio Ripper 5, but I don't think it rips 24-bit audio.  I can rip the audio, but it downsizes it to 16-bit.  I'd like to find something that will let me keep the full 24-bit range.

Thanks.

Reply #1
You actually don't rip like Audio-CDs. You need to demux/seperate the audio track from the video file. The resulting ac3/dts/pcm coded file can be transcoded then if you like. Another quick and dirty method would be recording the output from your player.

DVDs are encrypted and any backup utility needs to decrypt them first. Since this is considered illegal in several contries I suspect you won't get help here.

Reply #2
You should rip the original audio-bit before you compress it. Make sure it's on the auto detect setting. Which most audio dvd rippers provide.