Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is the proper Visual Studio 2010 configuration for the Foobar2000 (Read 3122 times) previous topic - next topic

What is the proper Visual Studio 2010 configuration for the Foobar2000

I get many warnings building the SDK projects with Visual Studio 2010 Professional. One is:

"Project file contains ToolsVersion="12.0". This toolset may be unknown or missing, in which case you may be able to resolve this by installing the appropriate version of MSBuild, or the build may have been forced to a particular ToolsVersion for policy reasons. Treating the project as if it had ToolsVersion="4.0". For more information, please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=291333."

Should this simply be ignored? (I never know what to do when a project created by someone else produces unusual warnings and there isn't any documentation indicating what warnings are expected.) I attempted to fix the ToolsVersion warning by installing the following updates:

Windows SDK 7.1
Visual Studio 2010 SP1
Build Tools 12.0
Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Compiler Update for the Windows SDK 7.1

After installing Build Tools 12.0, no SDK project would load, giving the error "The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found." Per a Google search for that error, I checked associated registry keys and found no problem. Is it possible to build projects with Visual Studio 2010 and BuildTools 12.0?

Thanks.