Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Newbie] Howto access to the commandline (Read 2391 times) previous topic - next topic

[Newbie] Howto access to the commandline

Hi everybody, sorry if ask this very stupid question,  but I really tried to find the answer on the wiki, on google, on the FAQs and on my horoscope, but I couldn't find anything.
I know it may sound retarded, but it's not quite clear to me how to access this "commandline" about which so many wiki's pages and howto talk about. I tried with the Windows' run command, but it doesn't work, so I suppose it's something internal in foobar2000.
By the way, I started meddling with foobar trying to resolve a relative simple problem: I want to add an hotkey which sends the song I'm listening to in a certain playlist, better if with a global hotkey.
I'm using the latest stable version of foobar, with Columns UI (latest stable).
Thanks a lot, and don't judge me too badly.

Reply #1
You don't need the command line to do that.
  • Go to Preferences --> General --> Keyboard Shortcuts
  • Map any key to [Context / now playing]/Edit Other/Add to Playlist/Your playlist

To access the command line, run cmd from Windows run, then navigate to your foobar directory and type :
foobar2000.exe /whatevercommand.
More help is available here.

Reply #3
Thanks, but now I've been able to actually find the "Send to playlist thing". But if I use that it will always ask me for the playlist I want to put the track in. The idea was to make a playlist of really remarkable tracks, so the playlist I want to use remains every time the same. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks again!

Reply #4
Ok, I think I got everything then!
Thanks a lot, and sorry for the dumbness, but I usually creep around Linux and Windows scares me :|