Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1636515 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_upnp

Reply #2050
Hello,
Can someone point me to a tutorial that will instruct me how to configure foo_upnp in Foobar?  I've added the plugin, but have not been able to locate/create an "address".  I want to install plugplayer on my iphone to listen remotely, but apparently don't know enough about upnp to pull it off.  Thanks in advance.  Gino

Reply #2051
Hello,
Can someone point me to a tutorial that will instruct me how to configure foo_upnp in Foobar?  I've added the plugin, but have not been able to locate/create an "address".  I want to install plugplayer on my iphone to listen remotely, but apparently don't know enough about upnp to pull it off.  Thanks in advance.  Gino
I have installed it right now, but I have had your same issue. Solved by renaming the downloaded file to .zip and extracted the .dll to the foobar component directory

Reply #2052
Very useful component :) .
I want to use it to control a Connector from Raumfeld. The issue I have is that this device creates two control points, that have different names and unique identifiers, but same serial, IP and MAC address. Through this component I can see only of them :( .

Note that using RCP-Audionet I can see both of them.
Of these two end-control point, one of them streams gapless, unluckily we one I cannot see through this component.
To be honest also KODI has exactly the same issue.

Reply #2053
Hello,
I have installed it right now, but I have had your same issue. Solved by renaming the downloaded file to .zip and extracted the .dll to the foobar component directory
Sorry, I'm a newbie...  Could you explain your solution a little bit?  Thanks

Reply #2054
Sorry, I have misunderstood you. Foo_upnp is a plugin of Foobar2000, which is a PC application. Does not work neither on Iphone nor on Android.

Reply #2055
Why even do that? .fb2k-component is associated with non-portable installations by default, and even if it's a portable install, or if you don't want to use associations, you can install it from the Components page of the Preferences page, as-is, no need to extract it first.

Reply #2056
Why even do that? .fb2k-component is associated with non-portable installations by default, and even if it's a portable install, or if you don't want to use associations, you can install it from the Components page of the Preferences page, as-is, no need to extract it first.
You are right, but I have just done the first thing it come to my mind when I have had a problem with instructions at http://bubbleguuum.free.fr/foo_upnp/foo_upnp.txt:
Just copy foo_upnp.dll in the components subdirectory of your foobar2000 installation and restart foobar2000.

Reply #2057
Those directions have been obsolete since version 1.1 of foobar2000 was released, since the introduction of the user components directory, which allows the player to install and update components for you, assuming they are available from www.foobar2000.org/components, the official repository it polls for updates.

Reply #2058
Very useful component :) .
I want to use it to control a Connector from Raumfeld. The issue I have is that this device creates two control points, that have different names and unique identifiers, but same serial, IP and MAC address. Through this component I can see only of them :( .

Note that using RCP-Audionet I can see both of them.
Of these two end-control point, one of them streams gapless, unluckily we one I cannot see through this component.
To be honest also KODI has exactly the same issue.
Another piece of info: if I use UPnP MediaRenderer output, I can see both both Raumfeld Connector control points.

Reply #2059
Hello,
You know indicate the setup to send sound ( stream ) from foobar to daphile PCs in a local network .
thank you so much

Reply #2060
Hello,
You know indicate the setup to send sound ( stream ) from foobar to daphile PCs in a local network .
thank you so much

I am not 100% sure I have got your question, Anyhow I have attached what I I see in my network. In UpNp controller I can see only two (Soggiorno and DMR-BWT735) of them

Reply #2061
Is it possible to show artwork in the upnp browser window? Sometimes it is easier to see the actual artwork for finding specific albums.

Reply #2062
Is it possible to show artwork in the upnp browser window? Sometimes it is easier to see the actual artwork for finding specific albums.
If it is possible (using this component), I have not found the way. Have a look to the screenshot I have attached: when browsing a specific UPnP server, when I select an item I can get the artwork, but only after having selected an item in the "Main" view.

Reply #2063
If it is possible (using this component), I have not found the way. Have a look to the screenshot I have attached: when browsing a specific UPnP server, when I select an item I can get the artwork, but only after having selected an item in the "Main" view.

I am using the same solution. Unfortunately it seems not to be possible to show artwork during browsing.

Reply #2064

I am using the same solution. Unfortunately it seems not to be possible to show artwork during browsing.
It appears this component does not get the Artwork rendered by Server, but you can get the artworks embedded into the track (in the Playlist window). So try, if important to you, to embed the artwork into the track.

PS: For Browsing and Pushing I use instead of Foobar AUDIONET-RCP, that in this respect is very good.

Reply #2065
Hi ,
I  play  music with an Advance Acoustics X-Uni media player with Flac albums mainly .
I play my playlists on the X-uni working as Digital Media Player (DMP). Metadata appears on X-Uni  screen (artist, album, tracks, cover album).
I would like to know if the following sentence published in 2011 (found in the forum at reply #1097) is still the rule about foobar UPNP plugin ??

"The content of playlists is static once it has been browsed by a client. The ML content is loaded at foobar2000 launch and never
updated afterwards. To update you need to restart the server."

Thanks in advance
BR
RBoug

Reply #2066
Hello:

Is the server supposed to bind to all ip addresses on a machine? I got a computer with 1 physical network adapter and 2 virtual network adapters (from VMware), and it seems the server is binding to all of them, including the vmware adapters, I'm not sure if thats correct? Sometimes it looks like the server disappears from the network and I dont know if it could related to that...
Can you choose which ip or network the server will listen on?
Also, is it possible to remove the hardcoded [%computername%] tag that is always added to the server name you choose on the options?

Reply #2067
This plugin is amazing, I'm using it to stream my library and copy files to my PS3. At first it didn't work well, but I figured out that the "bitmapping" setting on the PS3 was the one causing problems; I disabled it, and everything just started working. It wasn't the plugin's fault!

I found there's an issue with M4A files, though: The foo_upnp server plugin can't distinguish an ALAC file from an AAC file; it sees them both as "m4a" so it reports ALAC files to the client as if they were AAC but with ~900 kbps bitrate. Of course, I can work around this by setting the plugin to decode everything to PCM.

Reply #2068

It appears this component does not get the Artwork rendered by Server, but you can get the artworks embedded into the track (in the Playlist window). So try, if important to you, to embed the artwork into the track.

PS: For Browsing and Pushing I use instead of Foobar AUDIONET-RCP, that in this respect is very good.

Thanks for the tip. Moving to Audionet-RCP as well. It does exactly what I need

foobar2000 hangs when attempting to exit - only when foo_upnp is installed

Reply #2069
I'm a very long-time user of foobar2000, and in particular I love the way foo_upnp extends its usefulness.  I have some problems, though,when I run it with foo_upnp with more modern Windows:

--Win 7 and earlier - generally okay
--Windows Server 2008 and Windows 10 - if you try to exit foobar2000, it hangs, and you either have to wait a LONG time, or kill it with Task Manager (and even then it doesn't die easily).
--Windows Server 2012 R2 - same problem, but now I can't even make any changes to the foo_upnp settings page - the program freezes up tight.

Without the foo_upnp plugin, everything works just fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Found a solution?  I love this software and would like to do my best to keep using it.  I have tried various compatibility modes but they don't seem to help.
EAC -> MP3Gain -> Mp3tag -> fb2k

Reply #2070
I remember having had this problem with Win10. Now it works fine. Sorry I don't remember how I have fixed it.
I remember I was doing some testing using also http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_upnp (i.e. having both installed).
Does start/stop server work fine (both for media server and render). With both stopped there shoudl not be any reason for hanging up when exiting.

Reply #2071
I'm only using the server, not the renderer, but even trying to stop the server on win 2012 causes a hang. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one, though - thanks.  I'll keep experimenting - this is too good to do without.
EAC -> MP3Gain -> Mp3tag -> fb2k

Reply #2072
Dear all
Since Foobar2000 now available on Android and iOS
Can you tell me how to configure foo_UPNP so that I can listerning my library on my android phone remotely
The basic configuration works well when my computer and my phone in the same network
But I cannot access to my library via internet when I go outside of my home network
Please help!!!!!

Reply #2073
You can try 'File/Preferences/Tools/UPnP/Server/Internet access'. If that doesn't work you could also look into VPN solutions which would allow you to be virtually part of your home network from elsewhere.

Reply #2074
I posted this on the foobar "3rd party plugins" subthread 2 days ago,  got no replies so far, so posting it here.

I have two clients drawing files from my PC (running Win 10) via UPnP --- a Kindle Fire HDX and a Grace Digital Primo network player. I also have three server packages running on the PC --- WMP, UMS, and fb2k.

The Primo and Fire HDX see all three servers and can connect with all of them. But for some reason the Primo will not display cover art for songs retrieved via fb2k's UPnP plugin. For any song played, it reports "Artwork not provided." When connected via WMP or UMS, the Primo displays the cover art. All three servers are sending the same files, of course.

The Primo will only display cover art embedded in the files (these are all FLAC or WAV files, not mp3s). The cover art IS embedded in those files, which I've confirmed with a hex editor.  The checkbox in the UPnP plugin setup screen for "Allow album art streaming" is checked.

The Fire HDX, on the other hand, does display art for files sent by fb2k. So the plugin is sending the artwork. But somehow it is handling it differently from the other two servers --- a difference that makes it invisible to the Primo.

Each album folder also contains a cover image for the album named "cover.jpg." I know that if a file has no art embedded, foobar will search the folder for an image. I thought perhaps foobar was sending that image to the clients, and confusing the Primo (which will not display external art). So I renamed those "cover.jpg" files for a couple of albums --- one with embedded art, one without,  so that fb2k cannot recognize them as image files. The files with no embedded art now show no cover art on the Fire HDX, the files with embedded art do. So fb2k is streaming the embedded art.  But it is streaming it in some way that the Primo cannot recognize.

Anyone have any idea what might be the difference between the way that the fb2k plugin streams artwork and the way other players do it?

UPDATE: Today I installed 3 additional media servers on the PC --- Plex, Media Monkey, and Minimserver. The Primo displays the cover art when connected to all of them. What's the prob with foobar? I'd suspect I'd overlooked some setting, except that the Fire HDX DOES display cover art via foobar.

???

PS: That Grace Digital Primo is a very cool little streamer. It's wifi connection is rock-solid and the interface and color display make it easy to navigate a large music library. And it's cheap --- about $120 at Amazon.