Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Should AudioWizz be an actual wizard style program?

Yes, That is an excellent idea
[ 5 ] (33.3%)
No, You are waisting our time
[ 6 ] (40%)
Don't care
[ 4 ] (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: To Wizard or not to Wizard (Read 4262 times) previous topic - next topic

To Wizard or not to Wizard

Please look at THIS THREAD to see what it might look like!

Reply #1
It would be nice if you could type in a message to say if I am waisting your time or you do not like the design! 

Reply #2
If you'd have at least checked, you'd see that the jpg files are not accessible...

Reply #3
If you'd have at least checked, you'd see that the jpg files are not accessible...

I did.  They worked ok on my screen.  I will put links to them instead.

Reply #4
Images can be downloaded from HERE

Cheers for telling me SK1

Reply #5
You're welcome, but no, they can't...
What you need to do is to link to any binary from your site through an html from your site. Direct linking to binaries on brinkster doesn't work.

Reply #6
Here's the message from the site:
HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site.

Reply #8
Does that mean you are unable to see my Avator

Reply #9
Yep.
And yeah, the html shows the pics.

Reply #10
so does that link work? Here it is again

Reply #11
(check prev post..)
About the usefulness of a wizard as this, i don't know.. really i'm probably not the right person to say if it's useful or not, because i'm most happy with Speek's many frontends, and use another one for each format. I like the concept of Madah's "Frontah", it's pretty useful, just that i don't really need this, but i bet many people will like this. About an wizard with steps though..i don't know, really...just not for me.

Reply #12
I like your honesty

Reply #13
You should vote no 

So, what do you want it to look like and be able to do.

The thing is, i have nothing better to do, and want to do something with me time 

Reply #14
Haha..
The thing is i really don't want it to look like anything, because i don't intend to use it ..if it was something like Frontah it would be cool, but i still won't use it, or frontah ....
I'm a die-hard Speek fan ...just love those tiny frontends...

Reply #15
OK, now we are getting somewhere

It should be tiny and simple 

any other recommendations or suggestions

Reply #16
I like your actual example of the gui. Its a good Idea. I think on the next screen a set of preselected options should be built in or the ability to select a "only pass this line" box. Which people can type in their favorite commandline.
r3mix zealot.

Reply #17
I like your actual example of the gui. Its a good Idea. I think on the next screen a set of preselected options should be built in or the ability to select a "only pass this line" box. Which people can type in their favorite commandline.

Thanks

Thats close to what I had planned for the next screen , but I like your idea more