Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Reading problems with burned CDs (Read 2128 times) previous topic - next topic

Reading problems with burned CDs

Hi to all Hydrogeners,

I've been reading the forum for a while, but now I did not find an answer to my burning troubles.

So I have some problems when reading on a hifi device an audio CD burned with EAC. The reading is stopped very often. It starts again and then stops again on every track every thirty seconds.

I ripped and burned (with secure mode, test and copy, a cuesheet) the original CD with EAC v0.95 beta 3. According to EAC these operations were successful.

Can you give a clue about this problem ?

Of course I checked the following things :
* I had no error on ripping and the EAC log is ok
* I listened to the ripped tracks on my computer and they all sounds fine
* I checked the Nero ASPI DLL I'm using and it's ok
* I burned these ripped tracks with another burning software (unfortunately without offset correction) and the CD can be listened to properly on my hifi device.
* This CDR that works fine belongs to the same box as the one burned with EAC
* I burned another audio cd with EAC and encountered the same reading problem

Until september I used eAC v0.95 b2 (and XP SP1) and I had no problems on burning CDs. Can these problems be explained by the upgrade to XP SP2 and/or the b3 version of EAC ?

Thanks for your help !

Reply #1
Do you use EAC with or without CDRDAO? Which burner do you have?

Reply #2
Hi HydroFred,

I use EAC without CDRDAO and my burner is a Toshiba SD-R2212 which used to work pretty well with EAC before.

Thanks for helping me !