Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any easy way to replace/add a statistic in bulk? (Read 1109 times) previous topic - next topic

Any easy way to replace/add a statistic in bulk?

I've got a bunch of files (60K+) which for some reason all have no last playback date, despite them predating the database creation (and being played).
I use quite a few automatic playlists which use last played statistic and this is really screwing with said playlists (undated ones come after later ones, I would prefer them to come before) , is there any way I can en-bulk stamp them with a fixed last played date?

Copy and pasting statistics is slow because you got to paste exact numbers of files, ie copy 1, paste 1, copy 2, past 2, copy 4, paste 4, etc. and exporting xml, editing and re-importing is too impractical and takes even longer.

Any ideas?

Re: Any easy way to replace/add a statistic in bulk?

Reply #1
Either I'm misinterpreting your question but I'm surprised at the simplicity of your question. Just load them in a playlist, select them all, Ctrl A -right click- properties, and set your date. There's nothing more to it.

Reply #2
Either I'm misinterpreting your question but I'm surprised at the simplicity of your question. Just load them in a playlist, select them all, Ctrl A -right click- properties, and set your date. There's nothing more to it.

You can select dates but can't edit them under properties (at least under every version of foobar I use).

Reply #3
So I'm guessing you're not constructing your autoplaylist based on a last_played tag then which is what I was assuming. What is your search string for your autoplaylist?

Reply #5
It's a tag when using Playback Statistics Custom, which is what I'm using.

Reply #6
So I'm guessing you're not constructing your autoplaylist based on a last_played tag then which is what I was assuming. What is your search string for your autoplaylist?

No I AM using last_played in auto playlistst such as (simple example) :-
"NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 26 WEEKS SORT BY %last_played%"

This results in tracks sorted

N/A (these files have NO last_played metadata and I would prefer to be able to stamp them before eg 2012 so they got sorted BEFORE eg 2012 in playlists). 

I.E. I would prefer to see (instead)

N/A

OR by stamping said N/A files with an old last_played date such as say 2000 so to get..

It makes no sense to me to assume a track with a missing metadata by default should always have a value greater than a a track with a known value.

I need to BULK ADD (or manually EDIT for a few with strange dates) last_played metadata for tracks which don't have it, the only ways of which is to play the track for 1 minute (impractical for 60K+ tracks) or laboriously cut and paste (1 by 1, 2 by 2, etc as previously stated) entries.

Reply #7
This is just a guess, but worth a try perhaps but what happens if you add a %last_played% tag to those files and fill them?

Reply #8
This is just a guess, but worth a try perhaps but what happens if you add a %last_played% tag to those files and fill them?

That might just work in a round about way, does anyone know how to convert the numbers into date/time?

I'm assuming its something like the old offset values unix machines (I think) used but I can't seem to nail it down.

Reply #9
After a bit of digging round the net I found some old postings (using last_played_timestamp instead of last_played).

I've knocked together a simple spreadsheet to calculate the value you need to place in either ADDED_TIMESTAMP, FIRST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP or LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP tags. 

Simply [Playback Statistics --> Import from file tags] if there's no entry the media database, if there is ("new" data will NOT overwrite old) then you will have to [Playback Statistics --> Reset statistics] first.

Then you are free to remove the statistic tags if you like.

Thanks to all (especially jazzthieve).