Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unknown error code (0x887D0003) (Read 1712 times) previous topic - next topic

Unknown error code (0x887D0003)

Hello dear Community and foobar2k team,
I try to get on point fast as i could. I want to excuse me for my bad english i hope you can help anyway.

Main Problem:
Wehn i try to play a song with foobar2k the following error occurse, a window pup up named (Playback error):

Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x887D0003)

I did chose a standard output divice!

The funy thing is i CAN play the song with "Windows Media Player" so the file is 100% not corrupt. The problem occures on all other songs all so.
I tryed to play the songs with Winamp and i got the same issure only WinMediaPlayer is able to play the files actualy, NO problem in "Windows Media Player" to play the files!
In my optinion there was a software change who induce the problem.

I tryed to install other codecs because i thought there maybe some broken codec.
no changes after taht.

I heared its possible to see errors in cosole!? but am a newbie in C++

System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Thanks in advance for all your help.

best regards Wammbo

Re: Unknown error code (0x887D0003)

Reply #1
What file format are the songs you try to play? Can you check properties and tell the sample rate and number of channels.

I think the error message means that the output format isn't supported. Do you have some special sound card? You can see your audio device in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers.

Btw, you don't need to change the output device normally. The default "Primary Sound Driver" setting will use the default output device, which should be the same as Windows Media Player uses.

Reply #2
What file format are the songs you try to play? Can you check properties and tell the sample rate and number of channels.

I think the error message means that the output format isn't supported. Do you have some special sound card? You can see your audio device in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers.

Btw, you don't need to change the output device normally. The default "Primary Sound Driver" setting will use the default output device, which should be the same as Windows Media Player uses.

thanks for reply

File-Format is MP3-File (.mp3)

Sample rate!? Hope u mean bitrate : 192k Bit/s
16 bit @ 48000 HZ

Mainboard: ROG Crosshair VI Hero

Onboard Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio

ROG SupremeFX 8-Kanal High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
Audio Feature :
- Gold-plated jacks
- optischer S/PDIF-Ausgang an der Gehäuserückseite
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ESS® ES9023P
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *2

like i say Winamp is all so NOT working, but WindowsmediaPlayer is working fine.

Reply #3
Ok i reinstall my realtek audio driver to latest version it fixed for me the problem please close thread. thx for the help.