Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Unsupported f (Read 2579 times) previous topic - next topic

An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Unsupported f

Hi Guys, i'm a new FB2K and very interested in it, with such amazing functions and convenience.
Today an error i've never met before occured when i try to convert a mutil-tracks flac file with a cue to singles.  the converter status reporter showed as following:

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "F:\无损音乐\コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ 16CD\[EAC][090710][VTCL-60119]Various - 「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ」キャラクターソング ベスト(flac+cue)\Various - 「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ」キャラクターソング ベスト.cue" / index: 1
  An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Unsupported format or corrupted file) : "F:\无损音乐\コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ 16CD\[EAC][090710][VTCL-60119]Various - 「コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ」キャラクターソング ベスト(flac+cue)\01.REINCARNATION.flac"
  Conversion failed: Unsupported format or corrupted file

and i'm confused cos i've done the same thing many times and never met this. then i tried some other files(same type), there's no error.
My converter version is 1.5 and core version is 1.1.9
can anyone help me about this?
thanks~

Reply #1
then i tried some other files(same type), there's no error.
Did those other files also have names that were very long and filled with non-ASCII characters, both of which properties might choke a command-line encoder?

Other information you probably should have included: the type and parameters (sampling rate, bit depth) of the files that you are converting to FLAC, especially if any detail differs from files that do work.

Reply #2
This has happened to me when the file has an _embedded_ cue sheet, but is loaded in foobar2000 through an _external_ cue sheet (usually identical to the embedded). To solve the issue, simply load the file itself, along with the embedded cue sheet and ignore the external one.

Reply #3
This has happened to me when the file has an _embedded_ cue sheet, but is loaded in foobar2000 through an _external_ cue sheet (usually identical to the embedded). To solve the issue, simply load the file itself, along with the embedded cue sheet and ignore the external one.

That's it!
i've done the multi-track conversion before and i forget that, foobar does embedded_ cue sheet as default. Damn....
Thx