Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Preprocessor best practices [JScript panel] (Read 1036 times) previous topic - next topic

Preprocessor best practices [JScript panel]

I learnt you can import your script as a preprocessor, rather than paste it in the configuration window. What I like about this method is I don't need to open foobar2000 to check or edit the scripts, and I always know I'm running the updated versions.
I wonder, though, are there any drawbacks to this practice? Does it affect code execution some how? What is the professional developers' advise?
I'm late

Re: Preprocessor best practices [JScript panel]

Reply #1
I learnt you can import your script as a preprocessor, rather than paste it in the configuration window. What I like about this method is I don't need to open foobar2000 to check or edit the scripts, and I always know I'm running the updated versions.
I wonder, though, are there any drawbacks to this practice? Does it affect code execution some how? What is the professional developers' advise?
There is literally no drawbacks (or much difference for that matter), so you can use it without any worries =)

PS: Such question should go to the thread dedicated for JScript support though: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110516.0.html