Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How make original CD FLAC using multiple tracks FLAC and adding gaps manually? (Read 3736 times) previous topic - next topic

How make original CD FLAC using multiple tracks FLAC and adding gaps manually?

Hi to all, many years ago I have ripped 2 original CD Audio into multiple files FLAC. This CD now have many many scrape and can't be played fine but if I make a scan with EAC it's can find the gaps between a track and the other. Now the question is: 1) how can I make a single file flac adding all the flac files and insert manually the gap between a track and the other?

2) the other thing that I want to know is how to insert the 2 second of pregap into file cue with EAC to make a backup that in future can be used to make the perfect copy if the CD have scrape.

thank who answer my questions

Re: How make original CD FLAC using multiple tracks FLAC and adding gaps manually?

Reply #1
Using the CD you have, open EAC and save a cue file with all of the gap and index information.

Then using foobar setup a conversion to convert all of the FLAC files into a single FLAC file.  Once done, put the cue file and resulting FLAC file in the same location.  Open the cue file using notepad or any txt editor (right click and open as), then enter the location of the FLAC file under the FILE line.
JXL

Re: How make original CD FLAC using multiple tracks FLAC and adding gaps manually?

Reply #2
Using the CD you have, open EAC and save a cue file with all of the gap and index information.

Then using foobar setup a conversion to convert all of the FLAC files into a single FLAC file.  Once done, put the cue file and resulting FLAC file in the same location.  Open the cue file using notepad or any txt editor (right click and open as), then enter the location of the FLAC file under the FILE line.
JXL

thank you for the answer, but how can I make the cue file? from menu action-> "create CUE sheet" there are 5 voice:
1) Current gap settings...
2) Single wav file;
3) Multiple wav files with gaps... (noncomplant);
4) Multiple wav files with leftout gaps... ;
5) Multiple wav files with corrected gaps... .

If I make how do you tell in the single file flac the gaps aren't stored, so it will not be a perfect copy...Is right?

Moreover you have forbidden to write how add 2 seconds in the cue file before first track.

Reply #3
Single wav file. 

You do not need to add 2 seconds of silence if you are looking to recreate the original CD.  The cue file you create will have the gaps stored exactly as they are in the CD.
JXL

Reply #4
If he already has multiple FLAC's from an earlier rip, won't he need the multiple-files-with-gaps CUE option instead? Maybe I'm just not understanding foobar, as I don't use it.

I would use EAC to create the "noncompliant" multiple-files-with-gaps CUE file, drop that in the folder with the FLAC's, and then edit the CUE's file paths to make sure the filenames are correct. From there, I believe you could just use imgburn to make a CD backup, though I'm not certain imgburn understands FLAC's - you might need to convert the FLAC's back to WAV's first.

However, while this will create a backup CD good enough for most purposes, it won't match the AR/CTDB databases unless you also account for your burner's write offset. Getting that part right is a little tedious. A probably configured EAC should be able to do it correctly, but EAC's write functions don't always play well with modern hardware. I did this using CTDB a couple months back and posted in the thread here if you want more details.