Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ices0 came to life again: Broadcast FLAC/OGG/MP3/MP4 w/ UTF-8, ReplayGain, … (Read 4419 times) previous topic - next topic

ices0 came to life again: Broadcast FLAC/OGG/MP3/MP4 w/ UTF-8, ReplayGain, …

ices0 v0.4.6 is an enhanced source client for broadcasting to an Icecast/Shoutcast server in MP3 format.

I finally got some time to release v0.4.6 of ices0, a greatly enhanced fork of the original ices 0.4, and the ideal companion if you plan to broadcast to an Icecast or Shoutcast server in MP3 format.

This version has many, many bugfixes and full UTF-8 and ReplayGain support. It can also transcode FLAC/OGG/MP4 and MP3 files. ices0 can also work with Perl, Python and shell scripts to make it even more versatile. There’s no limit to your creativity.

Link: https://github.com/Moonbase59/ices0

This version has been in use for several months now, streaming from home to my Icecast server various mixed playlists of FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, MP3 (ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4) and MP4 (AAC audio) files at 256 kbit/s. Rock solid.

You’ll need Linux and a working build environment, but it’s worth the effort, I promise. :-)

Re: ices0 came to life again: Broadcast FLAC/OGG/MP3/MP4 w/ UTF-8, ReplayGain, …

Reply #1
ices v0.4.7 (2019-08-23) fixes a minor bug regarding FLAC metadata.

It is available at the same location.

Re: ices0 came to life again: Broadcast FLAC/OGG/MP3/MP4 w/ UTF-8, ReplayGain, …

Reply #2
ices v0.4.8 (2019-09-15) gracefully skips more illegal files given to it (i.e., directories or devices) instead of crashing.

Reply #3
ices0 v0.4.11 fixes a small bug with Ogg Vorbis metadata and can now be installed on MacOS (via Homebrew).