Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly (Read 1810 times) previous topic - next topic

NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly

I've been tinkering with Columns UI for a bit now, and I've had a problem regarding NG Playlist's default global style.

When it shades odd/even tracks a darker colour and a group ends on an odd track, the next group will be shaded, which ends up looking ugly.

I searched around Google and HydrogenAudio's foobar2000 forums to no avail, which is why I'm posting here.
I've tried setting the group's background colour to the background, but I still get bugged by the uneven colouring on the tracks. Is there a way to correctly shade the playlist contents so odd-numbered tracks get shading first?

Re: NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly

Reply #1
Limited to album grouping only and you need track number tags and full albums of course :) :
$ifequal($mod(%tracknumber%,,2),0,
in place of:
$ifequal($mod($if2(%_display_index%,%list_index%),2),0, 

Group header background: $if(%_is_group%,$puts(back,$rgb(255,255,255)))
Some info on style section: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,107610.msg899083.html#msg899083

Edit: Multiple CDs albums, seperate CD grouping also necessary, can be odd-odd :-) .

Edit2: If it's shade first reverse those colour conditions like that:
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,$offset_colour(%_selected_back_no_focus%,$calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back_no_focus%),7))
$puts(back,%_back%)
$puts(back,$offset_colour(%_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_back%),12))
$puts(back-selected,%_selected_back%)
$puts(back-selected-no-focus,%_selected_back_no_focus%)

Re: NG Playlist shades odd/even tracks incorrectly, also shades groups incorrectly

Reply #2
That looks a lot nicer, thank you! I can see it was a simple solution, but being new to how foobar handles styling and all... yeah. :-[

And yeah, I've set multi-disc albums so they're detected on the first group for now, but I'll keep that in mind when I decide to have a subgroup for discs. Thanks again, though!