Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Add second harddrive music folder but nothing shows up in foobar (Read 1885 times) previous topic - next topic

Add second harddrive music folder but nothing shows up in foobar

I installed foobar on my secondary harddrive and added D:\Music in File->Preferences->Media Library. It says Monitoring but in the left hand side under Album list, there are no artists displayed.

I don't know which kind of info to provide to you guys or where to begin troubleshooting unfortunately.

Reply #1
You could mention what Album List does show you. Perhaps it has one question mark entry that, when expanded, shows all your files. To bypass tag info problems you could select Library -> Search from the main menu and type ALL in the search field. It will list all files media library contains and window title will tell you how many files there are. If the files are really missing make sure the files on your drive aren't inside hidden folders. Media Library leaves those out of its index.

Reply #2
You could mention what Album List does show you. Perhaps it has one question mark entry that, when expanded, shows all your files. To bypass tag info problems you could select Library -> Search from the main menu and type ALL in the search field. It will list all files media library contains and window title will tell you how many files there are. If the files are really missing make sure the files on your drive aren't inside hidden folders. Media Library leaves those out of its index.

It shows absolutely nothing without a search bar either. I reinstalled foobar on my main windows HD which I did not want to do, and it worked. My goal is to install my programs on my second HD, but then foobar doesn't do anything.