Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 497540 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1175
Hmm, just changing the extension from .webm to .ogg works with vlc, but not for foobar ... guess I need some more research here...

Foobar2k doesn't seem to like those OPUS streams from YT. The webm container seems to be messed up somehow, so I found out, that by remuxing to MKA the files do work again in Foobar2k and additionally with my Android phone players. Plus tagging the files with Foobar2k does work then, cause it didn't work on the native OPUS files.
Mkvtoolnix (https://mkvtoolnix.download/) does a marvellous job there.

Reply #1176
Foobar2k doesn't seem to like those OPUS streams from YT. The webm container seems to be messed up somehow, so I found out, that by remuxing to MKA the files do work again in Foobar2k and additionally with my Android phone players. Plus tagging the files with Foobar2k does work then, cause it didn't work on the native OPUS files.
I have changed over to the GUI youtube-DLG, which offers postprocessing (.webm -> .opus) out-of-the-box, as long as FFmpeg is installed. The .opus files generated here work perfect for me in foobar including tagging.

Reply #1177
I made an Autohotkey script to generate .foo_youtube files from the clipboard.

Code: [Select]
;Ctrl + Shift + X
^+x::

;Retreives the url from the clipboard.
text1 := Clipboard

;Escapes slashes.
text1 := StrReplace(Clipboard, "/", "\/")

;Escapes quotation marks.
qte := Chr(34)
slsqte := "\" . Chr(34)
text1 := StrReplace(text1, qte, slsqte)

;Adds the rest of the string.
text1 :=  "{" . qte . "url" . qte . ":" . qte . text1 . qte . ",}"

;Gets the id of the currently active window.
ActiveHwnd := WinExist("A")

;Initializes a variable for saving the filepath of the currently open Windows Explorer window.
activeExplorerPath := ""
;Looks through all open Windows Explorer windows.
for w in ComObjCreate("Shell.Application").Windows
;If one of them has the same hwnd as the active window, it is the active window.
If (ActiveHwnd = w.hwnd)
{
;We retreive the current path of it.
activeExplorerPath := w.Document.Folder.Self.Path

;We use the path to generate a complete filepath for saving our file.
filePath := activeExplorerPath . "\" . "foo_youtube.foo_youtube"

;To avoid appending the text multiple times in the same file, we delete the file if it has already been created.
FileDelete, %filePath%

;We then create the file again, and paste our text.
FileAppend, %text1%, %filePath%

}

Return

• Have the script running in the background
  • Go to a youtube video and copy the url. for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXEHsv8UI4
  • Go the folder where you wish to save the .foo_youtube file, and press Ctrl+Shift+X
  • It will generate a .foo_youtube file with the minimum information needed: {"url":"https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/watch?v=lNXEHsv8UI4",}
  • Open the file and the component will generate the rest.

Reply #1178
Is there a way to prevent the cached audio data file from being automatically deleted when playback moves onto the next track? Specifically I want the "3dyd-<numbers>" that gets stored in the cache location to not get deleted. Is there an option that lets be set the number of 3dyd-<numbers> that I can hold in cache? I don't want it to re-retrieve the data from youtube every time. I'd rather it read from the cache itself since I have enough space.

Also is there a way from foobar2000 itself save these files to disk? They are just webm/m4a extension files renamed to "3dyd-<numbers>" for playback in foobar. I can do it manually of course but it'd be great to be able to do it from within foobar2000 itself.

Reply #1179
When playback order is set to "Repeat (track)", and when the track reaches its end, it pings youtube's servers. I don't understand why this needs to happen. Given all the required audio data is already cached, and since I'm just looping the audio that's been already cached, I don't see why it needs to connect to youtube's servers for anything. So why does this happen?

Reply #1180
hi all and 3dyd

foo_youtube 2.3.5

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: all formats ignored due to preferences of the component):
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlIIQaWmCw"

this error appers but i don't change in options

Reply #1181
Been a huge fan of this plugin for years, and am excited about the implications of the new youtube-dl integration. however, I'm having a hard time understanding some things... does this mean that we can decode any URL supported by youtube-dl now? How would I go about loading soundcloud URLs with this plugin now? I've downloaded youtube-dl and set it to the preferred internal analyzer, but that doesn't seem to help. Whenever loading a soundcloud URL, I get an 'unsupported file format' error in console.

Reply #1182
It used to work I believe and it seems related to this youtube-dl issue. Wait for youtube-dl next release. :)

Reply #1183
Blacklisting API keys, eh. Sounds like an endless game of cat and mouse.

Reply #1184
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: all formats ignored due to preferences of the component):
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEy7I7tp_9M"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROnQqRheCmY"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlB6RpQpqzU"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBqX1K4jbdU"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=APdwhKWb59Q"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRqY6QcF1Uk"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfpThq5TojM"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojyYYuZ9V9w"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eu9s_qJlQ"

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENOIGLIgEg"

Reply #1185
hi all problem was in old plugin
i installed 3.4 version from 3dyd site and plugin work again)

Reply #1187
This component is awesome! now I can build home karaoke with foo_dsp_centercut + foo_uie_eslyric !! The only thing that does not work is the foo_uie_eslyric. It won't load the lyrics that saved. No matters what saving methods I select, it just won't load the lyric. Dose anyone solve the problem? I cannot use Lyric Show3 because it does not have many non-English lyrics.

Reply #1188
Another thing is I cannot make subtitle working with Lyric Show 3...
It works with youtube subtitles.

I downloaded xy-VSFilter_3.0.0.306_x64 and put VSFilter.dll in foobar2000's user-components\foo_youtube folder.
I can see Lyric Show 3 displays the lyric, but not on the video. Please tell me what else I missed...?

Reply #1189
is there any chance that you can add a custom default option in the context menu besides "Send to current playlist", "Add to...", etc?
Added there standard foobar2000 context menu (in 3.4 beta 5). You may configure foo_run for your purpose. Actions from that menu cannot be set to be performed by double click, but you can configure keyboard shortcut via foobar2000 preferences.
Hi!
Please add the ability to enable full screen with one click.
Thnx!

Reply #1190
hi all and 3dyd
how i do create auto-update-foobar-playlist from youtube-subscriptions?
when in my youtube-subscriptions appears new video in foobar_playlist appears this video automatically?

Reply #1192
Try to play local files through the LAV filter. Does not work.(
HELP
It used to work when there was advanced preferences for additional file extensions supported. For now, use foo_input_ffmpeg to handle the extension and play the audio, then video can be played with foo_youtube+LAV Filters.

Reply #1193
Many of the videos in my music playlist return a 403 when attempting to play them using foo_youtube, as of today. Mostly official music videos and videos generated by YouTube ('(Artist) - Topic'). They play just fine in my browser.

I cannot download these videos using youtube-dl either ('non-403' videos do work), so it seems to me this isn't necessarily a foo_youtube issue? FYI, youtube-dl gets redirected to https://www.youtube.com/yts/jsbin/player_ias-vfl_PLd61/en_US/base.js. Perhaps this has something to do with copyright?

I am using the latest version of foobar2000 and foo_youtube, attached to this message are the log contents after opening a 403 video.

Reply #1194
Many of the videos in my music playlist return a 403 when attempting to play
confirm it
foo_youtube: [error] [curl @ 0A6B2360] server error (403) from r2---sn-4gxxoxu-3c2s.googlevideo.com
On most videos

Reply #1196
Try switching analyzer to youtube-dl instead of using the internal analyzer, it seems like youtube changed the API broken the internal analyzer.

Reply #1197
Yes, there is 403 error for most (not all) YT videos.

Reply #1198
Error 403 should be fixed in latest beta.

Please add the ability to enable full screen with one click.
Could you elaborate? Currently full screen mode can be toggled using double click or by pressing Alt+Enter.

how i do create auto-update-foobar-playlist from youtube-subscriptions?
when in my youtube-subscriptions appears new video in foobar_playlist appears this video automatically?
"Auto-updated Playlists" feature (menu View -> Youtube Source) requires Youtube playlist to be added in foobar2000. After that component updates playlist on configurable schedule (or by user request). If Youtube provides ability to generate public playlist URL basing on your subscription then this is way to go. Otherwise, if user authentication is required to get content of subscription, then component cannot do that.