Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Vintage Technics" website down... (Read 6322 times) previous topic - next topic

"Vintage Technics" website down...

For anyone who's interested, the following website is down:

http://mark.kouts.home.mindspring.com

Apparently due to Webmaster anger over "stealing" of text/graphics by Ebay sellers.

I've painstakenly gone through the Google cache and retrieved all the text related to Technics turntables (including dates and MSRP's) from the original website and formatted it as a text document and MS Word document.  This info could be "priceless" and some of it is unavailable anywhere else on the Net, period.

I'd suggest anyone valuing this information to do the same, before it disappears from the cache.  Here's how:

(1) searching for the following on Google:

Technics SL-1301

(2) Look for the second link down (turntables.htm), click on "cached."

(3) Then look at the model number for each turntable on the page that comes up, and do a separate google search as follows for each one, substituting the model number for the xx-xx:

Technics xx-xx "This was last updated"

The above search line will pull up the cached webpages of info for
each turntable.  Since this info is presumably copyrighted, I can't post it here or offer it to anyone else.  All the info will take several hours to collate on a broadband connection, longer on dialup.  It might be faster just to save the cached webpages rather than copy/pasting all the text.

Edit -- the same thing is possible for receivers.htm, etc... it will take more searching.  I didn't do it, due to the length of time it would take.

Reply #1
And, of course, as usual, my SL-3100 is missing

Reply #3
I've got a direct-drive SL 3200 taking up space in my closet.  With kids around, I can't afford to baby my stereo equipment.

ff123

Reply #4
Originally posted by fewtch
Would that be a Technics, or a Panasonic model?  It isn't this one, is it?

Noooooo !!!
It's a "Technics direct drive turntable system SL-3100". It has nothing in common with that stange thing

Reply #5
Originally posted by Pio2001

Noooooo !!!
It's a "Technics direct drive turntable system SL-3100". It has nothing in common with that stange thing

Gotta love what "jack berg" calls "True Panasonic Quality!".

Reply #6
Originally posted by Cygnus X1

Gotta love what "jack berg" calls "True Panasonic Quality!".

LMAO
                                      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
What if the Hokey Pokey....is What it's all about?

Reply #7
Thanks for the heads up, fewtch!

It says that the SL-D3 has an "illuminated orange neon stoboscope."  Nope.  It's actually a pair of red LEDs.

(Too bad the tonearm height isn't adjustable.  Now I have to dig up/make some shims and get longer screws.)
godzilla525