Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1362326 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1350
my plugin 1.32 recently stopped working
it doesn't show any search results at all, no matter what i type in
nor does it show any errors or anything
any ideas?
-------
update: ok i got it with the full link pasted, but this method sucks

foo_discogs

Reply #1351
Same here. Stopped working. Only by pasting release ID

foo_discogs

Reply #1352
Is there a timeline for this to be fixed?

foo_discogs

Reply #1353
Url query search string should be "/database/search?q={query}"

This component uses "/search?q={query}"

New API changed probably on 01.08.

foo_discogs

Reply #1355
All you need to do is read a few pages back in this topic to see that:
a) the plugin does work for tagging, but search doesn't work. You need to get the release id from the Discogs site and paste it in - then tagging works fine;
b) the plugin developer hasn't been seen here for a while, so don't expect any fix soon or possibly ever.

It's not a very complicated plugin, but I'm not a programmer (of this sort anyway). If somebody else wanted to put one together they probably could, but this community is split beween users and developers, so... don't complain too much about contribute plugins, I guess?

(My only "complaint" really is that plugins like this should be open-sourced from the get-go, so that when devs do disappear someone else can fork the code to keep them working!)

foo_discogs

Reply #1356
 please fix the search I miss using this component with a passion. I really don't have time to search every release in my browser.....

foo_discogs

Reply #1357
Can you elaborate a little on this?

Yes, but with more bad news unfortunately

This component uses old and deprecated endpoint "/search", which allowed server to return XML messages. Now this endpoint is turned off, and even if you patch the component or use proxy to redirect discogs search it wont work, as server now communicates only in JSON.

Bad news is that other parts of this component will probably fall apart soon (22.08?) as all old XML endpoint will shut down: http://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/521520...d9d3529d0bd28d4

foo_discogs

Reply #1358

This component uses old and deprecated endpoint "/search", which allowed server to return XML messages. Now this endpoint is turned off, and even if you patch the component or use proxy to redirect discogs search it wont work, as server now communicates only in JSON.

Bad news is that other parts of this component will probably fall apart soon (22.08?) as all old XML endpoint will shut down: http://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/521520...d9d3529d0bd28d4

So,what options do we have  left? MusicBrainz? Freedb?

foo_discogs

Reply #1359

Is it possible for someone to write a new plugin using JSON instead of xml?

foo_discogs

Reply #1360

If it's technically possible, I'd donate money to get this done!

foo_discogs

Reply #1361

If it's technically possible, I'd donate money to get this done!

Same here I'm not a big fan of musicbrainz.

foo_discogs

Reply #1362
The developer is active here.

foo_discogs

Reply #1363
Damn, this sucks the plug-in is all but useless now and the only thing to accurately pickup the kind of music I am trying to tag

Hopefully someone can get in contact with the plug-in creator and have him update the plug-in or handover the source to someone else so they can fix it.

foo_discogs

Reply #1366
As I lack time to update the plugin, I will release the source code in a few days in case someone wants to take over
and add OAuth + json parsing.

The OAuth part is really annoying but will be needed for search queries after Aug 15th (as well as proper album art requests
and possibly data fetch requests).

foo_discogs

Reply #1370
As I lack time to update the plugin, I will release the source code in a few days in case someone wants to take over

Thanks for opening up your code, and thanks for writing it. Very few people are as generous as you sir.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

foo_discogs

Reply #1373

The OAuth part is really annoying but will be needed for search queries after Aug 15th (as well as proper album art requests
and possibly data fetch requests).

Thank you so much for your hard work it really means a lot and has helped me a ton!

foo_discogs

Reply #1374
Many thanks bubbleguuum!!  It has helped me out a lot as well.