Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Musepack SV8 Final (Read 56173 times) previous topic - next topic

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #25
Building instructions for the source code would be nice.

Theres instructions with the tar.  And anyway, since there is a unix configure script and an MS Visual Studio project file, the build process is pretty self explanatory, whatever your platform . . .

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #26
Mike: I can't find any instructions in the tarball (musepack_src_r435.tar.gz). There's no configure script either (only a configure.in, no install.sh, autoconf craps out). There are CMake files but the list of dependencies for Musepack to build isn't clear.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #27
Mike: I can't find any instructions in the tarball (musepack_src_r435.tar.gz). There's no configure script either (only a configure.in, no install.sh, autoconf craps out). There are CMake files but the list of dependencies for Musepack to build isn't clear.

My mistake.  I was reading the readme, but you're right, it appears to be wrong.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #29
There's someone working on porting SV8 to RockBox and they are getting all the help we can give. Please be patient
And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the ***** of an alien

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #30
Great work!

Anyway, a small bug: mpccut and mpc2sv8 crash if the destination path is incorrect, like c:\c:\x.mpc.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #31
Is possible to batch convert SV7 -> SV8 with foobar2000, Like replace a playlist of mpc files in their original folders?

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #32
in_mpc_0.99g don't work.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #33
r2d's plugin from the end of 2007 still works

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #34
Is possible to batch convert SV7 -> SV8 with foobar2000, Like replace a playlist of mpc files in their original folders?

It's not recommended to overwrite all SV7 files since one might be broken and you won't notice the error message during conversion. To convert to another folder use this .bat

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #36

My mistake.  I was reading the readme, but you're right, it appears to be wrong.
I created a configure script OK with [!--sizeo:2--][span style=\"font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]make -f Makefile.cvs[/size] then ran [!--sizeo:2--][span style=\"font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]./configure[/size] fine but [!--sizeo:2--][span style=\"font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]make[/size] fails....

Code: [Select]
myself@hostbox:~/source/musepack_src_r435$ make -f Makefile.cvs
autoreconf -vif
autoreconf2.50: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf2.50: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf2.50: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf2.50: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf2.50: configure.in: creating directory config
autoreconf2.50: running: libtoolize --install --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `config/install-sh'
libtoolize: copying file `config/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.in and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf2.50: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf2.50: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.in:5: installing `config/missing'
libmpcdec/Makefile.am: installing `config/depcomp'
autoreconf2.50: Leaving directory `.'
myself@hostbox:~/source/musepack_src_r435$ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking replaygain/gain_analysis.h usability... no
checking replaygain/gain_analysis.h presence... no
checking for replaygain/gain_analysis.h... no
checking host system type... (cached) i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating libmpcdec/Makefile
config.status: creating libmpcenc/Makefile
config.status: creating libmpcpsy/Makefile
config.status: creating libwavformat/Makefile
config.status: creating mpc2sv8/Makefile
config.status: creating mpcchap/Makefile
config.status: creating mpccut/Makefile
config.status: creating mpcdec/Makefile
config.status: creating mpcenc/Makefile
config.status: creating mpcgain/Makefile
config.status: creating wavcmp/Makefile
config.status: creating include/config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
myself@hostbox:~/source/musepack_src_r435$ make
Making all in include
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/include'
make  all-am
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/include'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/include'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/include'
Making all in libmpcdec
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libmpcdec'
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT huffman.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman.Tpo -c -o huffman.lo huffman.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT huffman.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman.Tpo -c huffman.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/huffman.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT huffman.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman.Tpo -c huffman.c -o huffman.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/huffman.Tpo .deps/huffman.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_decoder.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_decoder.Tpo -c -o mpc_decoder.lo mpc_decoder.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_decoder.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_decoder.Tpo -c mpc_decoder.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mpc_decoder.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_decoder.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_decoder.Tpo -c mpc_decoder.c -o mpc_decoder.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/mpc_decoder.Tpo .deps/mpc_decoder.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_reader.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_reader.Tpo -c -o mpc_reader.lo mpc_reader.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_reader.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_reader.Tpo -c mpc_reader.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mpc_reader.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_reader.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_reader.Tpo -c mpc_reader.c -o mpc_reader.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/mpc_reader.Tpo .deps/mpc_reader.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT requant.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/requant.Tpo -c -o requant.lo requant.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT requant.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/requant.Tpo -c requant.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/requant.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT requant.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/requant.Tpo -c requant.c -o requant.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/requant.Tpo .deps/requant.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT streaminfo.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/streaminfo.Tpo -c -o streaminfo.lo streaminfo.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT streaminfo.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/streaminfo.Tpo -c streaminfo.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/streaminfo.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT streaminfo.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/streaminfo.Tpo -c streaminfo.c -o streaminfo.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/streaminfo.Tpo .deps/streaminfo.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT synth_filter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/synth_filter.Tpo -c -o synth_filter.lo synth_filter.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT synth_filter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/synth_filter.Tpo -c synth_filter.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/synth_filter.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT synth_filter.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/synth_filter.Tpo -c synth_filter.c -o synth_filter.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/synth_filter.Tpo .deps/synth_filter.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_bits_reader.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_bits_reader.Tpo -c -o mpc_bits_reader.lo mpc_bits_reader.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_bits_reader.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_bits_reader.Tpo -c mpc_bits_reader.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mpc_bits_reader.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_bits_reader.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_bits_reader.Tpo -c mpc_bits_reader.c -o mpc_bits_reader.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/mpc_bits_reader.Tpo .deps/mpc_bits_reader.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_demux.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_demux.Tpo -c -o mpc_demux.lo mpc_demux.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_demux.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_demux.Tpo -c mpc_demux.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mpc_demux.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT mpc_demux.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc_demux.Tpo -c mpc_demux.c -o mpc_demux.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/mpc_demux.Tpo .deps/mpc_demux.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT crc32.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/crc32.Tpo -c -o crc32.lo `test -f '../common/crc32.c' || echo './'`../common/crc32.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT crc32.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/crc32.Tpo -c ../common/crc32.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/crc32.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT crc32.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/crc32.Tpo -c ../common/crc32.c -o crc32.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/crc32.Tpo .deps/crc32.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include  -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT huffman-bcl.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman-bcl.Tpo -c -o huffman-bcl.lo `test -f '../common/huffman-bcl.c' || echo './'`../common/huffman-bcl.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT huffman-bcl.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman-bcl.Tpo -c ../common/huffman-bcl.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/huffman-bcl.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -MT huffman-bcl.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman-bcl.Tpo -c ../common/huffman-bcl.c -o huffman-bcl.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/huffman-bcl.Tpo .deps/huffman-bcl.Plo
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -g -O2 -no-undefined -version-info 7:0:1  -o libmpcdec.la -rpath /usr/local/lib huffman.lo mpc_decoder.lo mpc_reader.lo requant.lo streaminfo.lo synth_filter.lo mpc_bits_reader.lo mpc_demux.lo crc32.lo huffman-bcl.lo 
libtool: link: gcc -shared  .libs/huffman.o .libs/mpc_decoder.o .libs/mpc_reader.o .libs/requant.o .libs/streaminfo.o .libs/synth_filter.o .libs/mpc_bits_reader.o .libs/mpc_demux.o .libs/crc32.o .libs/huffman-bcl.o      -Wl,-soname -Wl,libmpcdec.so.6 -o .libs/libmpcdec.so.6.1.0
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libmpcdec.so.6" && ln -s "libmpcdec.so.6.1.0" "libmpcdec.so.6")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libmpcdec.so" && ln -s "libmpcdec.so.6.1.0" "libmpcdec.so")
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libmpcdec.a  huffman.o mpc_decoder.o mpc_reader.o requant.o streaminfo.o synth_filter.o mpc_bits_reader.o mpc_demux.o crc32.o huffman-bcl.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libmpcdec.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libmpcdec.la" && ln -s "../libmpcdec.la" "libmpcdec.la" )
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libmpcdec'
Making all in libmpcenc
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libmpcenc'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT analy_filter.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/analy_filter.Tpo -c -o analy_filter.o analy_filter.c
mv -f .deps/analy_filter.Tpo .deps/analy_filter.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT bitstream.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bitstream.Tpo -c -o bitstream.o bitstream.c
bitstream.c: In function ‘writeMagic’:
bitstream.c:176: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bitstream.c: In function ‘writeBlock’:
bitstream.c:203: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bitstream.c:204: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bitstream.c:214: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bitstream.c: In function ‘writeSeekTable’:
bitstream.c:245: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mv -f .deps/bitstream.Tpo .deps/bitstream.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT encode_sv7.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/encode_sv7.Tpo -c -o encode_sv7.o encode_sv7.c
mv -f .deps/encode_sv7.Tpo .deps/encode_sv7.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT huffsv7.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffsv7.Tpo -c -o huffsv7.o huffsv7.c
mv -f .deps/huffsv7.Tpo .deps/huffsv7.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT quant.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/quant.Tpo -c -o quant.o quant.c
mv -f .deps/quant.Tpo .deps/quant.Po
rm -f libmpcenc.a
ar cru libmpcenc.a analy_filter.o bitstream.o encode_sv7.o huffsv7.o quant.o
ranlib libmpcenc.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libmpcenc'
Making all in libmpcpsy
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libmpcpsy'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT ans.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/ans.Tpo -c -o ans.o ans.c
ans.c: In function ‘NS_Analyse’:
ans.c:292: warning: passing argument 10 of ‘FindOptimalANS’ from incompatible pointer type
ans.c:297: warning: passing argument 10 of ‘FindOptimalANS’ from incompatible pointer type
mv -f .deps/ans.Tpo .deps/ans.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT cvd.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cvd.Tpo -c -o cvd.o cvd.c
mv -f .deps/cvd.Tpo .deps/cvd.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT fft4g.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/fft4g.Tpo -c -o fft4g.o fft4g.c
mv -f .deps/fft4g.Tpo .deps/fft4g.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT fft_routines.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/fft_routines.Tpo -c -o fft_routines.o fft_routines.c
mv -f .deps/fft_routines.Tpo .deps/fft_routines.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT psy.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/psy.Tpo -c -o psy.o psy.c
psy.c: In function ‘Psychoakustisches_Modell’:
psy.c:1031: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘CalcShortThreshold’ from incompatible pointer type
psy.c:1039: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘CalcShortThreshold’ from incompatible pointer type
psy.c:1164: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘CalcShortThreshold’ from incompatible pointer type
psy.c:1172: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘CalcShortThreshold’ from incompatible pointer type
mv -f .deps/psy.Tpo .deps/psy.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT psy_tab.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/psy_tab.Tpo -c -o psy_tab.o psy_tab.c
mv -f .deps/psy_tab.Tpo .deps/psy_tab.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include/    -g -O2 -MT profile.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/profile.Tpo -c -o profile.o profile.c
mv -f .deps/profile.Tpo .deps/profile.Po
rm -f libmpcpsy.a
ar cru libmpcpsy.a ans.o cvd.o fft4g.o fft_routines.o psy.o psy_tab.o profile.o
ranlib libmpcpsy.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libmpcpsy'
Making all in libwavformat
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libwavformat'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include    -g -O2 -MT input.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/input.Tpo -c -o input.o input.c
mv -f .deps/input.Tpo .deps/input.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include    -g -O2 -MT output.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/output.Tpo -c -o output.o output.c
mv -f .deps/output.Tpo .deps/output.Po
rm -f libwavformat.a
ar cru libwavformat.a input.o output.o
ranlib libwavformat.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/libwavformat'
Making all in mpcenc
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/mpcenc'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT keyboard.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/keyboard.Tpo -c -o keyboard.o keyboard.c
mv -f .deps/keyboard.Tpo .deps/keyboard.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT mpcenc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpcenc.Tpo -c -o mpcenc.o mpcenc.c
mpcenc.c: In function ‘Quantisierung’:
mpcenc.c:692: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘QuantizeSubbandWithNoiseShaping’ from incompatible pointer type
mpcenc.c:695: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘QuantizeSubband’ from incompatible pointer type
mpcenc.c:702: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘QuantizeSubbandWithNoiseShaping’ from incompatible pointer type
mpcenc.c:705: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘QuantizeSubband’ from incompatible pointer type
mpcenc.c: In function ‘EvalParameters’:
mpcenc.c:1026: warning: ignoring return value of ‘freopen’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcenc.c:1211: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcenc.c: In function ‘mainloop’:
mpcenc.c:1711: warning: passing argument 7 of ‘Allocate’ from incompatible pointer type
mpcenc.c:1712: warning: passing argument 7 of ‘Allocate’ from incompatible pointer type
mv -f .deps/mpcenc.Tpo .deps/mpcenc.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT pipeopen.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/pipeopen.Tpo -c -o pipeopen.o pipeopen.c
mv -f .deps/pipeopen.Tpo .deps/pipeopen.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT stderr.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/stderr.Tpo -c -o stderr.o stderr.c
stderr.c: In function ‘stderr_printf’:
stderr.c:69: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mv -f .deps/stderr.Tpo .deps/stderr.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT wave_in.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/wave_in.Tpo -c -o wave_in.o wave_in.c
mv -f .deps/wave_in.Tpo .deps/wave_in.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT winmsg.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/winmsg.Tpo -c -o winmsg.o winmsg.c
mv -f .deps/winmsg.Tpo .deps/winmsg.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT crc32.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/crc32.Tpo -c -o crc32.o `test -f '../common/crc32.c' || echo './'`../common/crc32.c
mv -f .deps/crc32.Tpo .deps/crc32.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT huffman-bcl.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman-bcl.Tpo -c -o huffman-bcl.o `test -f '../common/huffman-bcl.c' || echo './'`../common/huffman-bcl.c
mv -f .deps/huffman-bcl.Tpo .deps/huffman-bcl.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT fastmath.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/fastmath.Tpo -c -o fastmath.o `test -f '../common/fastmath.c' || echo './'`../common/fastmath.c
mv -f .deps/fastmath.Tpo .deps/fastmath.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../libmpcenc -I../libmpcpsy -I../include/    -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -MT tags.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/tags.Tpo -c -o tags.o `test -f '../common/tags.c' || echo './'`../common/tags.c
mv -f .deps/tags.Tpo .deps/tags.Po
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2  -o mpcenc keyboard.o mpcenc.o pipeopen.o stderr.o wave_in.o winmsg.o crc32.o huffman-bcl.o fastmath.o tags.o -lm  ../libmpcpsy/libmpcpsy.a ../libmpcenc/libmpcenc.a
libtool: link: gcc -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -g -O2 -o mpcenc keyboard.o mpcenc.o pipeopen.o stderr.o wave_in.o winmsg.o crc32.o huffman-bcl.o fastmath.o tags.o  -lm ../libmpcpsy/libmpcpsy.a ../libmpcenc/libmpcenc.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/mpcenc'
Making all in mpc2sv8
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/mpc2sv8'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include    -g -O2 -MT mpc2sv8.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpc2sv8.Tpo -c -o mpc2sv8.o mpc2sv8.c
mv -f .deps/mpc2sv8.Tpo .deps/mpc2sv8.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include    -g -O2 -MT crc32.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/crc32.Tpo -c -o crc32.o `test -f '../common/crc32.c' || echo './'`../common/crc32.c
mv -f .deps/crc32.Tpo .deps/crc32.Po
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC  --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o mpc2sv8 mpc2sv8.o crc32.o -lm ../libmpcdec/libmpcdec.la ../libmpcenc/libmpcenc.a
libtool: link: gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/mpc2sv8 mpc2sv8.o crc32.o  -lm ../libmpcdec/.libs/libmpcdec.so ../libmpcenc/libmpcenc.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/mpc2sv8'
Making all in mpcchap
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/mpcchap'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include    -g -O2 -MT dictionary.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dictionary.Tpo -c -o dictionary.o dictionary.c
mv -f .deps/dictionary.Tpo .deps/dictionary.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include    -g -O2 -MT iniparser.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/iniparser.Tpo -c -o iniparser.o iniparser.c
mv -f .deps/iniparser.Tpo .deps/iniparser.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include    -g -O2 -MT mpcchap.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/mpcchap.Tpo -c -o mpcchap.o mpcchap.c
mpcchap.c:27:30: error: cuetools/cuefile.h: No such file or directory
mpcchap.c:57: error: ‘PTI_TITLE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c:57: error: ‘PTI_PERFORMER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c:57: error: ‘PTI_SONGWRITER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c:57: error: ‘PTI_COMPOSER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c:58: error: ‘PTI_ARRANGER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c:58: error: ‘PTI_MESSAGE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c:58: error: ‘PTI_GENRE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
mpcchap.c: In function ‘add_chaps_ini’:
mpcchap.c:94: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:133: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:134: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:139: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:143: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:144: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ftruncate’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c: In function ‘add_chaps_cue’:
mpcchap.c:155: error: ‘Cd’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:155: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mpcchap.c:155: error: for each function it appears in.)
mpcchap.c:155: error: ‘cd’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:155: error: invalid operands to binary * (have ‘const int *’ and ‘const int *’)
mpcchap.c:156: error: ‘UNKNOWN’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:156: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
mpcchap.c:182: error: ‘Track’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:182: error: ‘track’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:182: error: invalid operands to binary * (have ‘const int *’ and ‘const int *’)
mpcchap.c:183: error: ‘Cdtext’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:183: error: ‘cdtext’ undeclared (first use in this function)
mpcchap.c:183: error: invalid operands to binary * (have ‘const int *’ and ‘const int *’)
mpcchap.c:207: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
mpcchap.c:175: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:220: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:221: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:222: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:226: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mpcchap.c:227: warning: ignoring return value of ‘ftruncate’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[1]: *** [mpcchap.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myself/source/musepack_src_r435/mpcchap'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
myself@hostbox:~/source/musepack_src_r435$

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #37

from your logfile, it appears you are missing the cuetools dev package.

the official debian packages remove mpcchap, but all you need to do is compile cuetools yourself with a dynamic lib rather than a static lib.  also, make sure you have libreplaygain from the musepack svn.

later

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #38
Thanks a lot for all the work.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #39
Congratulations. Even if i have never used MPC, it is always wonderful see people do work just for the love of doing it

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #40

from your logfile, it appears you are missing the cuetools dev package.

the official debian packages remove mpcchap, but all you need to do is compile cuetools yourself with a dynamic lib rather than a static lib

Dunno if Debian provides a dev package for cuetools, but cuetools itself doesn't install neither the lib nor the header to the system.
That is, if you compile and install cuetools yourself, you'll get only binaries.

By the way, if cuetools would install the lib, it doesn't matter whether it'll be static or dynamic.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #41
Dunno if Debian provides a dev package for cuetools, but cuetools itself doesn't install neither the lib nor the header to the system.
That is, if you compile and install cuetools yourself, you'll get only binaries.

By the way, if cuetools would install the lib, it doesn't matter whether it'll be static or dynamic.

I found out. I dragged in the latest code from svn and tried ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static but no headers or libs...

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #42
this is what i did (debian unstable):

* checkout cuetools from SVN
* change compilation from static to dynamic
* build
* install (i made debian packages, but you don't need too (libcuefile0, iirc)

later

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #44
Fantastic news guys, well done!
rc55.com - nothing going on

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #45
Nice work 

I have contacted the developer of the php media parser getID3() to support Musepack SV8.
The developer was so kind to update the scripts in a few hours.
Now getID3() versions 1.7.9 and 2.0.0b5 both support Musepack SV8.

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #46
I tried to compile it on OS X, but ran into this error:
Code: [Select]
ld: duplicate symbol ___Dc in .libs/requant.o and .libs/mpc_decoder.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libmpcdec.la] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

WavPack 4.50.1 -hhx6 | LAME 3.98.2 -V 0

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #47
To kdo and all users:

Fixes to reported bugs are in the latest SVN build

mpccut will work even on broken files. mpcgain and mpc2sv8 will too. Pay attention to ANY "An error occured while decoding, this file may be corrupted" message from mpc2sv8. It means the converted file was partially broken

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #48
I intentionally removed any mpcenc binaries from this archive. The ones on the official SV8 archive are to be used

Musepack SV8 Final

Reply #49
Arh.......... Sorry i have get this out............
I still remember how many HA members swear by MPC 's quality in the good old days. For those who were old enough to remember it, i cant believe it is now 7 years+ pass by.

SV8 is a dream come true. At some point in time everyone was expecting MPC SV8 will take over the world. Given how it was designed to improve on SV7 's shortcoming.
But it never appeared, and sadly abandon during a point in time. We all thought it was a dream that we will all hide deep in our mind. 

Time comes by, Vobris and AAC both have improved tremendously. When we have all forgotten about MPC SV8, and we all thought AAC or Vobirs would some how change the world........

Well, the reality is nothing much has changed. Mp3 still rules the Digital Music Format. Although AAC did make progress with Apple iTunes and Vobris is heavily used in gaming industry, the majority of user are still using Mp3.

Good Luck to SV8. I still think, ( my personal opinion ) that MPC is still the king in 256Kbps to 320kbps range. Given how the world is finally moving away from 128Kbps, MPC may have a chance due to its advantage in processor power required to decode is much less then other competitors.