Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023069 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2050
Would it be possible to add this site? possible to preserve original filenames??
http://www.esenshop.com/

and Thanks to AlexVallat and all the contributors for this utility, works great!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2051
Script to load the image from the site www.discogs.com does not work.

It's working fine for me... I tried the search shown in the screenshot you posted, but as far as I can tell the problem is simply that discogs doesn't have that album: Nikolai Raivermeister Vol 1 on Discogs.

Would it be possible to add [esenshop]?

Sure, we don't have any Turkish sources yet. Try this: esenshop.boo and let me know if it's working well for you. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "possible to preserve original filenames", though - could you give me an example of the filename you want it to use?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2052
Script to load the image from the site www.discogs.com does not work.

It's working fine for me... I tried the search shown in the screenshot you posted, but as far as I can tell the problem is simply that discogs doesn't have that album: Nikolai Raivermeister Vol 1 on Discogs.

Alex

No, the album was listed in the search, still does not work

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2055
Check it out - with my settings

Looks just fine to me. If your are doing the same search, with the same settings, and getting nothing, I can only assume that discogs doesn't like your IP address. They may be blocking either your address specifically, or have a wider block, I don't know and have no way to find out - sorry.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2056
I am from Russia.
Working - the image is loaded, but very, very slowly, but at the same page with these images on www.discogs.com Opera browser loads quickly - no problems. Internet channel is free to download and return - no downloads files or other application that can download the Internet channel and there is not running.

The only thing that confuses a ping to the site www.discogs.com:
Pinging www.discogs.com [70.103.226.22] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 70.103.226.22: bytes = 32 time = 230ms TTL = 56
Reply from 70.103.226.22: bytes = 32 time = 234ms TTL = 56
Ping statistics for 70.103.226.22:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Estimated round-trip time in milliseconds:
    Minimum = 230msek, Maximum = 234 ms, Average = 233 ms

And what if they block my IP and / or a band, have any ideas?

May be related to IP blocking so that the program generates a large number of requests to a page / website and the server treats it as an attack and blocks IP?

a number of queries generated by the program in seconds and minutes and can be somewhere you can configure this option ?

It is possible that the problem with loading the image using Album Art Downloader associated with a firewall - I have installed Eset Smart Security 4.2, built-in firewall there? or not? - Although I put in the exclude AAD firewall - but it did not help 
May be related to slow download speeds image so that the program requires a large number of free space on drive C for the script (to parse the header html) - I have 6GB of free space on drive C.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2057

It's possible that rather than blocking your IP, they are throttling it, but that's only a guess. What I would suggest would be to uncheck the "always download full size" option for Discogs, and only download the full size images that you want to keep (it will do this automatically, if you save a result). It might also be worth reducing the number of results from 10, to reduce the number of requests made to the website.

I don't think a firewall would be the problem, either it would block AAD completely, or allow it. AAD only downloads using http (port 80), it doesn't do any special network traffic. It doesn't use any disk space until you actually choose to save the image. It can use quite a lot of memory, if you have a lot of full size images in the results, but it doesn't save them to disk unless requested.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2058

It's possible that rather than blocking your IP, they are throttling it, but that's only a guess. What I would suggest would be to uncheck the "always download full size" option for Discogs, and only download the full size images that you want to keep (it will do this automatically, if you save a result). It might also be worth reducing the number of results from 10, to reduce the number of requests made to the website.

Alex

No effect.

Before loading with discogs.com worked quickly.

Maybe you need to install a newer version of NET Framework or any particular version of the NET Framework. Maybe that's the problem ?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2059
AlexVallat
Perhaps this problem could be solved if the program saddle configuration:

" Username and password " used for logging on to www.discogs.com, which enters username and password you use for user authentication on the resource.

In another program to load the tags from an online resource for all discigs.com located and loaded quickly.

Can be slow work discogs script due to the fact that in the site database has changed and used the new API, and these changes are not reflected in the current version of the script ?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2060

I don't think logging in will make a difference, as far as I can tell the image retrieval doesn't make use of any authentication at all. I've just checked the discogs documentation, and they state that requests are throttled to one per second per IP, and image requests are further throttled to a maximum of 1000 per day per IP (ref)

That seems quite a lot to me, but if you stop getting images at all, that might be why, particularly if your discogs-facing IP address might be shared for whatever reason (VPN, ISP reuse, or anything like that).

It is certainly not dependent on the version of the .NET Framework.

If you want to investigate further yourself, I'd suggest installing fiddler2, which will allow you to monitor both the web requests made by AAD and the responses received.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2061
It is unlikely that I'm doing so many requests to dicogs.com unless the count of making a program that I use mp3tag

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2062
Would it be possible to add [esenshop]?

Sure, we don't have any Turkish sources yet. Try this: esenshop.boo and let me know if it's working well for you. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "possible to preserve original filenames", though - could you give me an example of the filename you want it to use?

Alex

thanks for your quick reply.
plugin working,thanks  .but only working for front covers.

front+back covers incl. example link:
http://www.esenshop.com/detail.aspx?id=50211
http://www.esenshop.com/photo.aspx?id=50211
cover direct links:
http://www.esenshop.com/upload/big/62338697420611217.jpg
http://www.esenshop.com/upload/big/73738697420611217-1.jpg

only front cover incl. example link:
http://www.esenshop.com/detail.aspx?id=67741
http://www.esenshop.com/productPhoto.aspx?...93219005564.jpg
cover direct link:http://www.esenshop.com/upload/big/86868693219005564.jpg

I mean for original filename(with ext.):86868693219005564.jpg .no front.jpg;folder.jpg;back.jpg...etc

I am sorry for my English.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2063

Hmm... unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way of discovering the ID numbers for anything other than the front cover without having to download the photo.aspx page for each result. That's going to make the number of requests per search a lot higher!

There's no normal way of using part of the URL as the filename, but what I could do is add a line that you could change by editing the .boo file itself so that the name of the result would show up as the ID number, instead of the artist/album. Then you could use %name% to substitute it into the filename. I don't really understand why you would want that, though, surely those ID numbers are meaningless?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2064
I get an memory error when searching my foobar library when it reaches exactly 2234 albums, allways. Is there any way to around this ?
That's weird, I've tested it with many more albums than that. Does it produce an error log? It should open up notepad showing a text file called errorlog.txt when it crashes; if you can PM me that I'll see if it offers any clues.

Alex

No it doesn't produce an error log because it doesn't crash. It just says: Error occurred while reading media library:Insufficient memory to continue the execution of this program.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2065
No it doesn't produce an error log because it doesn't crash. It just says: Error occurred while reading media library:Insufficient memory to continue the execution of this program.

Hmm... that's curious. You said it always happens after exactly 2234 albums, I wonder if you could have a look at the 2235th album in your library, and see if there is anything unusual about it? Also, please try creating playlists containing subsets of your library (say ~2000 albums in each?) and try importing each one individually (you can select the playlist to import rather than the entire library). That might give more clues as to what is going wrong - it may be a specific album or albums that causing a problem, or it may really be that there isn't enough memory available to hold more than 2234 albums in the browser list, but I doubt it.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2066
Thanks it worked but it reached the limit at 4000 albums so I just did the playlists trick and worked. But when I go to the foobar he still doesn't show the cover it download why ?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2067
when I go to the foobar he still doesn't show the cover it download why ?
Check to see if the cover file has been saved where you thought it should be. If it has, then check in foobar under Preferences/Display and make sure that under Album art it's set with the correct filename(s) to match.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2068
Can you add multiple search.

For example program read the albums.txt

albums.txt like that

Code: [Select]
Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Apocalyptica - Bittersweet
... - ...
... - ...

That take Iron Maiden to artist text then fear of the dark part is album name. Search and save first album cover. (Usually the first cover is real (good) cover)

If this option already included the program, I'm sorry but I didn't found that

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2069

There's no capability for doing this based on the contents of a text file, no. I didn't think it was a very common scenario. It can do it for file and folder names, though - if you use the File Browser you can get a to get a list of albums based off the path and filename of files and folders. You can then use the Automatic Image Downloading feature to search for each album in turn, and save the first result found.

Would that do the job for you?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2070

There's no capability for doing this based on the contents of a text file, no. I didn't think it was a very common scenario. It can do it for file and folder names, though - if you use the File Browser you can get a to get a list of albums based off the path and filename of files and folders. You can then use the Automatic Image Downloading feature to search for each album in turn, and save the first result found.

Would that do the job for you?

Alex

You are already do that. I could'nt found that. My mistake sorry. This is awesome. Thank you Alex.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2071
I've been a happy user of Album Art Downloader XUI for a while now, especially after I discovered the option for automatic image downloading. It has really helped me in the past few months, when I was adding or fixing album art to all of my music collection, and to music added thereafter. Amazon and iTunes would typically find most of the album art I'd need. I'm disappointed about iTunes' apparent recent restriction to small art sizes now, but Amazon has still been working enough for me, and then whatever comes up as not found or as incorrect (even after a manual search), I run another automatic search including Google. I hate Google, because I have a high frequency of getting wrong images from it, but it still helps me get a few more images I was looking for. Now, after I've exhausted Amazon, iTunes, and Google using the program, if I still have missing or incorrect results, I then manually locate images myself on the Web. Here's my frustrating part: Most of the album art I search for at this point, is available on Amazon.com, just by typing in [artist name] [album name] (same names as tagged in my music), but for whatever reason, the Amazon AAD script does not find them. I'd say I have to manually search for 10-20% of my album art, and most of that turns up on Amazon. It seems like more often than not, the script fails to find results for titles or artists including non-alphanumeric characters, like quote marks and ampersands. Also, I question whether the script completely if at all searches Amazon MP3--most of those missing results that I find manually, are Amazon MP3 albums.

I'm not sure if anything can be done...I'd love for AAD to be able to find all my album art, haha, without me having to resort to manual searches for those last 15% or whatever. The vast majority of music I acquire is now from a subscription service that serves content from MediaNet. Perhaps if there were a script for http://www.mndigital.com/content-experience/, I could then find at least 95% of my album art every time. Would that be possible? A couple times recently, I've navigated to webpages for the albums of art I'm looking for, and have saved high-quality art from there.

Thanks for this wonderful program that's helped me save so much time on managing my music  Now, if I could just save a little more time by being able to find more of the album art I'm looking for, that'd be great

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2072
hi... it has probably been discussed before, but is there ANY way to configure the Google search? i.e. so that it could return only big results or, at least, over 20?
thanks for the reply in advance

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2073
@pianoinbush

As far as I know, increasing the number of results is possible. In your Sources sidebar, look for GoogleImage, and then look for a "..." link. This should bring up a little options menu, where you can configure the number of results.

@(myself above)

I did some playing around with the Amazon and Google script files, and even attempted to create a script for MediaNet. I don't believe MediaNet will be possible, because I realized that the site uses JavaScript to load its album images--unless I'm mistaken, there's no way of parsing pages via scripting with the required JavaScript.

As for Amazon, I really wanted to configure my copy to search the MP3 downloads. I figured out that I could change the search-alias to "digital-music", and that'll serve up pages from Amazon MP3. However, these pages have different structure than what the existing regex handles. I tried to modify it, but could not figure out how to get it correctly.

Finally, I was able to make an improvement to the Google script. I changed the existing imagesHTML to " GetPageIsoLatin1("http://images.google.com/images?gbv=1&q=%22"+artist+"%22 %22"+album+"%22") ". The %22 encodes quote marks around each search term, which results in far more accurate results. Testing it out in my latest batch of art I was searching for, I don't recall getting any junk results from Google when using the automatic download feature. That is a big help. I still would like to see an improvement to Amazon, however, but for now, this should suffice.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2074
@pianoinbush

As far as I know, increasing the number of results is possible. In your Sources sidebar, look for GoogleImage, and then look for a "..." link. This should bring up a little options menu, where you can configure the number of results.

heh, I know that. it doesn't work, whatever 20+ number you put there, it still brings 20...