Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2951
I have a wish for this useful tool: in the search result thumbnail view, could the context menu for every entry be extended by choice Copy source URL to clipboard? Furthermore, if using drag & drop and releasing the image not over a file container, butt text capable container, the source link could be pasted there.

Reply #2952
Hi

For some reason album artwork downloader does not work correctly. The first time I start it it shows me the start screen but nothing after. I can see it running in task manager for a couple of seconds and then stop. If start it after this it does not even even show the start screen. Same task manager results. I had it running with no problems before, but after a fresh install of Windows because my ssd died. It doesn't want to start anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #2953
Do you get any error reported in the Windows Event Viewer? Or in an errorlog.txt file in the AAD program folder? If not, I can only offer generic advice to try re-installing .net framework 3.5 and hope for the best.

Reply #2954
Hi Alex

Thanks for the quick response. There was no errorlog.txt file in the AAD program folder. But I did check windows event viewer and i do get an error when i try to start aad. (edit): I have now tried re-installing .net framework 3.5. It seems to have done nothing.
Here is the event viewer Log :

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Windows Error Reporting
Date:          07.08.2019 13:40:39
Event ID:      1001
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-SOAKDO1
Description:
Fault bucket 2068282392258535810, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: albumart.exe
P2: 1.0.3.0
P3: 5a9aaeb0
P4: mscorlib
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 5c9ef717
P7: 284f
P8: 41
P9: System.ArgumentException
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D58.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D68.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D87.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D97.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_albumart.exe_b36ea21ab8a9c6cdebba854f0a4495db253c8e2_00000000_d1181644-1153-45d5-80eb-a8549d004c25

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d1181644-1153-45d5-80eb-a8549d004c25
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: b323ca8557ebc7284cb403e0a5c3e182
Cab Guid: 0
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-08-07T11:40:39.702851200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2842</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-SOAKDO1</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>2068282392258535810</Data>
    <Data>5</Data>
    <Data>CLR20r3</Data>
    <Data>Not available</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>albumart.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.3.0</Data>
    <Data>5a9aaeb0</Data>
    <Data>mscorlib</Data>
    <Data>2.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>5c9ef717</Data>
    <Data>284f</Data>
    <Data>41</Data>
    <Data>System.ArgumentException</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D58.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D68.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D87.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8D97.tmp.txt</Data>
    <Data>\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_albumart.exe_b36ea21ab8a9c6cdebba854f0a4495db253c8e2_00000000_d1181644-1153-45d5-80eb-a8549d004c25</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>d1181644-1153-45d5-80eb-a8549d004c25</Data>
    <Data>268435456</Data>
    <Data>b323ca8557ebc7284cb403e0a5c3e182</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Reply #2956
I can't remember what language it was but, after the windows setup i changed it to English (United States).
(edit) Scrap the top part i checked my ISO and it is in en-us.
(edit2x) Well scrap the above again. Looked at the language as suggested and swapped my native language to windows display and back to English(US). Now it works again. Very weird bug.

Reply #2957
Hi Alex. I don't seem to be getting any results from Google Play anymore through the app. I know they've just made a change to the site, I guess it maybe needs an update?

Reply #2958
Sorry for the delay, update to Google Play script is now available at: google-play.boo

Reply #2959
Several people have reported recently an issue where Album Art Downloader XUI crashes out at startup. With assistance from some of those reporting the bug, and some research, I have determined that this is due to a bug in WPF on .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10, where it will crash out if the input language is anything in this list: MS-LCID that has the non-specific Language ID of 0x1000. I think that's anything that was first introduced in Windows 10.

To try and work around this, I have re-compiled Album Art Downloader using .NET Framework 4.7.2, which I believe doesn't suffer from the same problem. Of course there may be other problems, so if the current version of AAD is working just fine for you then don't feel any pressure to install the recompiled version!

On the other hand, if you would like to try it, especially if you are running Windows 10, and doubly-especially if you are using some unusual input language locale, then I'd appreciate any reports of it working or not working.

Reply #2960
Multiple Image Sizes

I play my music on a variety of devices with very different size screens and storage ranging from my iphone to my tv via apple tv.
On the phone, storage is at a premium and the display is small. On the tv, its the opposite.  Other devices can play flac. So my plan is to have multiple versions of the music each with different encodings of the music and with different artwork resolution.

It looks like I'll need artwork in 200 x 200, 600 x 400, and some bigger sizes say 3000 x 300.
So, how do i 'maintain' the ability to encode the music with multiple versions?  I can either

a) store multiple resolutions in my 'source' folder for each album/track
b) store the highest resolution available and resize it when creating the 'output' folder.

I am ruling out storing the biggest resolution image and using it everywhere due to the space concerns on small devices and also the cpu load to resize on the fly when displaying it.

Questions:
For a)  Is there any support for a) in Album Artwork downloader?
For b)  is there a command line resizer of artwork that can resize an existing jpg?

Thanks for any thoughts and ideas!
Dpr

Reply #2961
Hi and thanks for the update! It works great for all the past years! Love the program!
Keep up the great tool! (and enjoy life!)

Reply #2962
Thanks for the quick mirrors

SF repo is still offering 1.03, update it

In addition to it, could please be added a context menu entry, to copy original source URL to clipboard? (or to disclose it other way)

One more request: please add checkbox to File with same name already exists... dialog, to remember choice and not show this dialog in the future (that could reset somewhere in options)

Reply #2963
The Google Play script isn't working again. No results, even for common albums.

Reply #2964
Hi guys.
First of all, totally new to this forum. Can't seem to find how to post a new message, so I'm just using REPLY. Forgive me if I shouldn't have.
Anyway, I've been using MuvUnder Cover for many years now and I'm so used to it and it works great and it does exactly what I want an MP3 cover downloader to do and much more... But, the company that supports it, are really terrible in supporting it... So now all of the sudden it doesn't download any covers, so... I was searching for an alternative and found this which does look really promising.
I'm not sure if anyone has seen the MuvUnder Cover app and how it works!? The magic of it is that you have it on the Windows explorer so just a right click on a single MP3 or a list of as many as you want and select Send To -> MoveUnder Cover and boom, the app starts searching and downloading the covers...
What I really need to have is to be able to embed the cover in the MP3 which it does, and also save the cover file in the same folder as the track itself with the same name as the track and also set a limit of how many pixels do you want your artwork to be, I can only have 480 by 480 so it does that as well automatically...
Can this app do all that? I'm trying to play around with it and I can't seem to get the grasp of it, although, it does look promising!

Reply #2965
I have not used this in quite a long time. Is this a stand-alone install? or, is it a plug-in?

Reply #2966
I have not seen MuvUnder Cover, no. For Album Art Downloader XUI (AAD), the installer has an option to "Add to Explorer context menu" which will add a "Browse for Album Art..." entry to folders. That should serve a similar workflow to your Send To, but bear in mind it's for searching for albums (which is why it's on a folder), not individual mp3 files.

AAD is just for downloading artwork, it does not handle tagging and embedding tasks. That's a job for library management software. It will download the cover in the same folder as the album. Usually called folder.jpg, but you can customise this naming by using artist and album name, and some other presets. The name of the track is not an option, as AAD works on albums, not tracks.

You can filter the size of the artwork to 480x480. It will not resize art, but it can filter out any results which are larger than that (some sources do return large images, though, so this may prevent all of their results). I would suggest a better approach would be to download the image at any size and then have your library management or image processing software resize it, but that's up to you.

This is a stand-alone install, not a plug-in

Reply #2967
A couple issues.

1) The version on Source Forge is 1.0.3 which is annoying because everytime you start up AAD it tells you to update to 1.0.4. Came here to see what was going on and found the 1.0.4 version was released here.
2) The google image search has stopped returning results.

Reply #2968
I have re-compiled Album Art Downloader using .NET Framework 4.7.2, which I believe doesn't suffer from the same problem. Of course there may be other problems, so if the current version of AAD is working just fine for you then don't feel any pressure to install the recompiled version!

I have downloaded and installed AlbumArtDownloaderXUI-1.04. On launch I get this:

As I understand it, version 1.0.4 is now using .NET Framework 4.7.2.

Please can you advise? TIA

Reply #2969

Yes, that message is out of date. It is Framework 4.7 that should be installed, not 3.5. Could you give the attached a go and check it installs correctly and doesn't complain about framework issues for you, please?

Reply #2970

Could you give the attached a go and check it installs correctly and doesn't complain about framework issues for you, please?

Thanks, version 1.0.5 now installed and running on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC.

Reply #2971
Yes, that message is out of date. It is Framework 4.7 that should be installed, not 3.5. Could you give the attached a go and check it installs correctly and doesn't complain about framework issues for you, please?

I don't anticipate that you'd want to support or troubleshoot use of AAD via wine in Linux, but for what it's worth, this is what I get when using the attached version under a 64-bit prefix of wine with .NET 7.2 installed.

Code: [Select]
App version: 1.0.5.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88980406): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406
   at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntMsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx(Int32 nCount, IntPtr[] pHandles, Int32 dwMilliseconds, Int32 dwWakeMask, Int32 dwFlags)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Reply #2972
I don't anticipate that you'd want to support or troubleshoot use of AAD via wine in Linux, but for what it's worth, this is what I get when using the attached version under a 64-bit prefix of wine with .NET 7.2 installed.
Thanks for reporting this, it's always good to have more information. I wonder, do any WPF based applications run on your setup? The stack trace indicates that it's coming from deep in the internals of WPF so I doubt there is anything I can do to affect it one way or another, but if there's an working example I can compare with then maybe I can figure something out.

Alex

Reply #2973
Thanks for reporting this, it's always good to have more information. I wonder, do any WPF based applications run on your setup? The stack trace indicates that it's coming from deep in the internals of WPF so I doubt there is anything I can do to affect it one way or another, but if there's an working example I can compare with then maybe I can figure something out.

Alex

I got it working!  I used the following link to do so, though I didn't follow it verbatim:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux4noobs/comments/firqs9/getting_windows_wpf_applications_to_run_with_wine/

For anyone else attempting to do the same thing, here's the gist of it:

- Run winetricks
   - Install .NET 4.7.2 (This will work backwards through previous versions that need to be installed first and likely throw up a lot of warning messages.  Don't worry.)
   - Install dxvk (latest)
   - Install d3dcompiler_47
- From the terminal,

Code: [Select]
wine reg add "HKCU\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Avalon.Graphics" /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Not all of that may be necessary, but I figured I will probably want to tackle other D3D applications at some point.

Reply #2974
Why 4.7.2 and not 4.8? Installing 4.7.2 requires 4.0 -> 4.7 -> 4.7.2, while 4.8 requires 4.0 -> 4.8.