Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2022800 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2000
Have a nice holiday!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2002
Thanks!

The script is not finding any art for singles. It works for LPs.

Could this site be added as well? http://www.45cat.com/

(Yes, I am back upgrading cover art for singles and singles cover art for individual tracks in compilations.)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2003
The script is not finding any art for singles. It works for LPs.
The script doesn't try and make any distinction - can you give me an example of a single with art that it should have found?

45cat should be possible, I'll have a go at that later today, or maybe tomorrow.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2004
I think I tried with:
Gene Austin   Without You Sweetheart
Clif Bruner   Born To Be Blue

and two others that I cannot remember now.

Via the "Preserved Recordings" page you can find singles that has cover art.

Thanks for trying to add 45cat!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2006
Which archive did you find them in? I'm searching University of Texas at Austin Historical Music Recordings and Bowling Green State University, as those seem to be the only ones with cover art for LPs.

I found them on the Audio Preservation Fund site itself, for example http://audiopreservationfund.org/acquisiti...gles&id=265 (Click on one of the small images and you will get a very large image.)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2008
I've used a few times the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to repair corrupted .NET installations with success. I don't know if it will help with WIC problems but it's worth a try if everything else fails.
Thanks for the suggestion but no joy.
I ran the clean up app which removed .Net from my system.
I then did a fresh install of .Net 3.5
This time AAD just crashed (error below).

Just to be sure I tried installing WIC again but the same error about me having a later version came back.

This is comfirmed by WIC.log (below).
I am guerssing that XP SP3 contains a non-uninstallable version of WIC 6.3.4.0 and this is incompatible with AAD

WIC error log...

0.219: ================================================================================
0.219: 2011/09/23 11:24:34.578 (local)
0.219: d:\ca95abc5e30f90d3f3348a\update\update.exe (version 6.3.4.0)
0.219: Hotfix started with following command line:
0.250: In Function GetBuildType, line 1170, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error 0x2
0.375:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll is Present
0.422: FileVersion of C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll is Greater Than 6.0.5840.16388
0.422: Condition Check for Line 1 of PreRequisite returned FALSE
0.454: WIC Setup encountered an error:  Newer version of update is already on the system.
0.500: Newer version of update is already on the system.
65.438: Message displayed to the user: Newer version of update is already on the system.
65.438: User Input: OK
65.438: Update.exe extended error code = 0xf0f4
65.438: Update.exe return code was masked to 0x643 for MSI custom action compliance.

AAD error:

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 0.42.1.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (32 bit)

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot create instance of 'BrowserResults' defined in assembly 'AlbumArt, Version=0.42.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.  Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.Grid' in markup file 'AlbumArt;component/filebrowser.xaml'. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlbumArtDownloader.BrowserResults' threw an exception. ---> System.NotSupportedException: No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88982F50): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88982F50
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapEncoder.EnsureUnmanagedEncoder()
  at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapEncoder.get_CodecInfo()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.BrowserResults.<GetSupportedCodecs>d__8.MoveNext()
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__31`3.MoveNext()
  at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.BrowserResults..cctor()
  at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
  at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
  at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowExceptionWithLine(String message, Exception innerException)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.GetElementAndFlags(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartRecord, Object& element, ReaderFlags& flags, Type& delayCreatedType, Int16& delayCreatedTypeId)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
  at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
  at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
  at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
  at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.FileBrowser.InitializeComponent()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.FileBrowser..ctor()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.ProcessCommandArgs(String[] args)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
  at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
  at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
  at System.Windows.Application.Run()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2009
@spile:I can confirm that the AAD error log is indicating the same problem. Is anyone else running AAD successfully on XP SP3? If so, it would be really useful to know the version number of C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll that you have!

@vagskal:Here's a script for 45cat to try out: 45cat.boo. It doesn't look like 45picturesleeves.com has a search function, and I don't really fancy writing one for them. LP art is probably niche enough that two scripts are enough anyway :-)

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2010
@vagskal:Here's a script for 45cat to try out: 45cat.boo.

Thanks! You are fast.

I think that the 45cat script finds too much. It is like it is not restricting the search to releases by the artist you search for. Perhaps it is a limitation of the search function on the site.

Is the Chartstat script working? It never finishes.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2011

The search I'm using for 45cat is just "artist name" "album name". According to the instructions on the advanced search page, using quotes should make it search for the phrase, but I don't really see any evidence of that, unfortunately. I don't understand how some of the results it's returning are chosen at all!

Chartstats is working fine for me, maybe it was a temporary problem? Or the specific thing you were searching for?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2012
Alex, Thank you for this wonderful program!

I am running on XP SP3 without any problems.

windowscodecs.dll v6.0.6001.17009
windowscodecsext.dll v6.0.6001.17009
Glass half full!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2013
Is anyone else running AAD successfully on XP SP3? If so, it would be really useful to know the version number of C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll that you have!
Works fine here: XP Pro SP3 - WindowsCodecs.dll v6.0.6001.22211

Alessandro

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2014
windowscodecs.dll v6.0.6001.17009
windowscodecsext.dll v6.0.6001.17009

WindowsCodecs.dll v6.0.6001.22211

Thanks for these! I've got hold of a Win XP CD and tried it out on a fresh blank virtual machine. After installing SP3 and .Net 3.5 through Windows Updates, I have WindowsCodecs.dll v6.0.6001.17009 too. I don't know how mobyduck got a newer version, but can you check what version you have, Spile?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2016
see here.

Oh, nice find! It's got to be worth having a go at downloading and installing that, Spile. If it's newer than the version you've got, it might overwrite your broken installation with a new one, which might then work. That's a lot of 'might', but not a lot of other ideas going around at the moment.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2017
@mobyduck
Is there something that you need in the newer versiona or can you simpky go to the older version which seems to be the current standard.
Glass half full!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2018
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand... As I said, I don't know how I got that version but if it ain't broken why fix it?

Alessandro

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2019
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand... As I said, I don't know how I got that version but if it ain't broken why fix it?

But you are reporting that it is broke with AAD. Using the standard version may solve the problem!
Glass half full!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2020
Nope, Spile is complaining: I have zero problems with AAD.

Alessandro

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2021
I downloaded and installed the hotfix above.
Have also updated my graphics card drivers to latest version.
Installed version 0.42 of the application.
Program launched and then immediately creashed (error below)
Checked Windows codecs and they are 6.0.6001.22211

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 0.42.1.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (32 bit)

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot create instance of 'BrowserResults' defined in assembly 'AlbumArt, Version=0.42.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.  Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.Grid' in markup file 'AlbumArt;component/filebrowser.xaml'. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlbumArtDownloader.BrowserResults' threw an exception. ---> System.NotSupportedException: No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88982F50): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88982F50
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapEncoder.EnsureUnmanagedEncoder()
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapEncoder.get_CodecInfo()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.BrowserResults.<GetSupportedCodecs>d__8.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__31`3.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.BrowserResults..cctor()
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowExceptionWithLine(String message, Exception innerException)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.GetElementAndFlags(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartRecord, Object& element, ReaderFlags& flags, Type& delayCreatedType, Int16& delayCreatedTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
   at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.FileBrowser.InitializeComponent()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.FileBrowser..ctor()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.ProcessCommandArgs(String[] args)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2022
hi Alex
not sure if it's not just me again, but discogs doesn't find anything at all these days. maybe the script needs to be updated?
thanks in advance

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2023
also, I think all iTunes images are now restricted to 600x600? wonder what's that about and is there any way to fix it, cause it's VERY unpleasant

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2024
I downloaded and installed the hotfix above.
Have also updated my graphics card drivers to latest version.
Installed version 0.42 of the application.
Program launched and then immediately creashed (error below)
Checked Windows codecs and they are 6.0.6001.22211

That's a shame, it's still the same error. I'm afraid I don't have any further ideas here - you have the right version, but there's still something wrong with the installation.

not sure if it's not just me again, but discogs doesn't find anything at all these days. maybe the script needs to be updated?
also, I think all iTunes images are now restricted to 600x600? wonder what's that about and is there any way to fix it, cause it's VERY unpleasant

Discogs fix is up: discogs.boo. It does look like iTunes has stopped serving any full-size images, which is a pity. It was nice while it lasted, though. If anyone discovers an alternative way to get the full size images, please do let me know, and I'll update the script for it.

Alex