Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Move/Copy formatting suggestions (Read 699 times) previous topic - next topic

Move/Copy formatting suggestions

"suggestions", I write, but I would not be surprised over a how-to :)

- A checkbox for "inherit drive letter from file location" and for "do not move to different drive" (the latter to give a message afterwards of "different drive, nothing done for these files:")

- File naming pattern needs a multi-line text editing window. My pattern is already unmanageable without a text editor with tab indentation :-o 
Suggestion - assuming that newline and tab will not be used for filenames: default to showing three lines if there are more than two, and let fb2k display
[...]
<lotsacodehere>
[...]
where the middle is the one the cursor was on at last save.

- Options to undo (if user has ticked Show output files when done). In the show output dialogue, have a button for undo
... and a button for "I would have wanted to Move entire source folder!"

- Directory-by-directory operation (by source / by target). Because I want to Move entire on a large set of files, there will be a lot of work to do in case of a power outage midway.

- Option to skip conflicting "Move entire".

Maybe one could even consider to implement these by way of commands too, but I assume that it is so tightly connected to the formatting syntax.