Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooBar doesn't read song ratings from their ID3v2 tags (Read 2598 times) previous topic - next topic

FooBar doesn't read song ratings from their ID3v2 tags

I primarily use Windows Media Player 12 for my music requirements, and have set it to save star ratings as globals in the file itself (through its ID3 tag). Unfortunately, Foobar2000 1.0.1 doesn't seem to read ratings from song tags ( as far as I can tell, at least ). Would someone please help me fix this issue if it's possible to ? I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you for your time.

Reply #1
1) Open WMP.
2) Sort your library by rating
3) select all items with a rating of X
4) drag and drop them onto a fb2k playlist.
5) with all dropped items selected, press Alt+Enter, opening fb2k's properties dialog
6) Ctrl+N to Add a new field called RATING
7) Click the Single Value Tab enter the X rating, press OK and OK again.
8) Repeat steps 3-7 for each rating.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
You can drag and drop files from WMP to fb2k, selecting all files with each rating and tag them with fb2k's property dialog. just add a RATING field or whatever you want.
I can drag-drop files from WMP ?! Nice. I'll try it out. Thanks again!

Reply #3
Strange - I'm having trouble performing the drop. The cursor changes to the Not Available icon on entering fb2k's playlist area. I'm not even using any custom skins.

Reply #4
A possible explanation is that you may be dragging to a autoplaylist.

terry

Reply #5
Eh. It doesn't seem WMP supports drag-and-drop.
I doesn't even seem like you can export playlists.

Gosh, I'm sorry shademe.
I had not idea that piece of crap was locked down so hard. I know this method has worked with iTunes for people before.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
Eh. It doesn't seem WMP supports drag-and-drop.
I doesn't even seem like you can export playlists.

Gosh, I'm sorry shademe.
I had not idea that piece of crap was locked down so hard. I know this method has worked with iTunes for people before.
Hardly an issue in any case - I'll just sort my W7 Library by rating and move it through explorer.