Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playback time remaining (Read 2129 times) previous topic - next topic

playback time remaining

Reply #2
There's really no way I can think of.

ELPlaylist can display the total playback time for an album in its group headers (and I believe it to be the only component at present which can do this), but I don't think there's any way to get the elapsed time for an album, just for the currently playing track. (Also, I don't believe that group headers can be updated on a per-second basis.)

Actually, there is one way I can think of, but it would require tagging every music file you have with a value equal to the total time less the elapsed time in the album so far at the start of each given track. And then you could display, in something which updated per-second, this value minus the current playback time. Theoretically, at least. But that's an absurd amount of trouble to go to for something like this.