Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Load entire files from a folder (Read 1898 times) previous topic - next topic

Load entire files from a folder

I'm trying to totally replace Billy player.
The only feature thats lacks foobar, is to be able to load all files contained in the folder where the (single) file was loaded. And this either from explorer or from the foobar library panel.

Is there a trick to do that ? because i miss this function.

For example it permitts to load an album from the third song, and let play the rest.
In foobar, if i load a single file, it plays only this one.

Reply #1
have a look into foo_quicksearch
or: right-click > open containing folder

Reply #2
have a look into foo_quicksearch
or: right-click > open containing folder

Thank you, but this is not the exact behaviour i'd want.
Maybe it should be hard coded into the foobar release, although a 3rd plugin would solve it at least from the library (not explorer part).

Reply #3
So you want to play songs from an entire album? Why don't you just select the album songs, then right-click >add to playback queue.

Reply #4
So you want to play songs from an entire album? Why don't you just select the album songs, then right-click >add to playback queue.

It's quite hard to explain when you're not used to billy.
Yes, I want to be able to launch a single file, wherever i want, and every other files are loaded in the playlist.

By the way, how can i do to display only the folders in the library view when "by folder structure" is selected (i don't use tags, so i won't use them) ?

Reply #5
maybe a closer issue, but still requre that all you files are in the library :
- play a track where you want (as you said, or just right click it as explained below), then i you want to get all other tracks from its album (only), you can easily create a playlist of this album with foo_quicksearch installed :
- right click your track > Quicksearch for the same > Album, but you said you dont use tags, so, adjust quicksearch settings to add a Quicksearch by Directory to context menu:

then use it
:
- right click your track > QuickSearch for the same > Directory

it's done!

HTH

Reply #6
This is a pretty good solution.
Thank you.