Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Assign sequence of keyboard strokes to one key (Read 1252 times) previous topic - next topic

Assign sequence of keyboard strokes to one key

Hello fb2k friends,
sorry for reposting this question.

I use to rip audio data to flac. All audio data are stored in a MS-Access database, which automatically generates a file with the meta-data relevant for me, the content of which is copied to the clipboard. Next, I enqueue the desired files in fb2k, select them and click:
Properties > Tools > Automatically fill values > Clipboard
Under "Pattern", I select %Composer% > Ok > Ok
The data are stored with the flac file as desired. Super

My question: Is it possible to assigne this sequence of Clicks to one Key of the keyboard. Ok, I know how to assign functions from the list given to any key (Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts).

The respective would be great for the entering of the "Destination" dialog of the converter setup after starting the ripping process. When I have to rip several CDs in sequence, the only item that changes from CD to CD is the name of the folder to safe files to. So it would be fine to have a shortcut that immediately goes to the "destination" dialog, where just to change the folder name...

Thanks to all of you for help. Sincerely
Friedhelm Achenbach

Re: Assign sequence of keyboard strokes to one key

Reply #1
What you describe cannot be accomplished from within fb2k. But there is AutoHotkey which was created for exactly you use case. It allows you to write short scripts that automate any sequence of mouse + keyboard actions, record macros and even interact with complex GUIs. Those scripts can then be mapped to any keyboard shortcut, which are either system-wide or application-specific. Yes, there is a learning curve, but there is an active community with plenty of documentation, support and examples.

Reply #2
Thanks a lot, ojdo, for this tipp. I will test it out...

Reply #3
Thanks again ojodo, for this tipp. I appreciate very much. Just went into this great and powerful tool. And it was almost easy to write this kind of "primitive" scripts, the kind I was seeking for. Works great! And it saves a lot of keystrokes...
Best wishes
Friedhelm Achenbach