Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.6.7 beta 8 => Exclusive=> Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported format ! ! (Read 14764 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1.6.7 beta 8 => Exclusive=> Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported format ! !

Reply #75
Does anyone know if installing an older version will overwrite my DSP and theme settings? When I try, it warns that it will overwrite certain settings.... So I have not done that yet.
The worst that can happen is loss of settings that were introduced in the newer version you're reverting from. Not of something that the old version understand.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Re: 1.6.7 beta 8 => Exclusive=> Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported format ! !

Reply #76
Not so strange meooms. WASAPI exclusive code was completely rewritten in beta 7, I recall.
I mean, it's strange that beta 13 does not work here, but beta 2 does work.

Reply #77
I mean, it's strange that beta 13 does not work here, but beta 2 does work.
But it's not? Beta 2 and 13 have two different implementations, hence they might have different bugs =)

Reply #78
Thanks, Peter.   Exclusive is working for me again in beta 15, with the default buffer setting.

Reply #79
Foobar2000 1.6.7 Beta 9
Win 10 Build 21390.2025
(voicemeeter potato 3.0.1.8 ) / Komplete audio 1, ASIO

Hi I just wanted to report that I got 'pulsating' sound when in exclusive mode, sound is fine when not in exclusive mode.
Beta 15 works fine for me with exclusive mode! :)

Reply #80
Beta 15
Playing typical mp3 via Remote Audio [exclusive] (RDP)
Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 16-bit / 2 channels (0x3)

Without exclusive playing fine.

Reply #81
If you're using foobar via RDP and trying to use exclusive mode, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work. Or rather it's not supposed to work if you expect to hear the sound on the local machine.

Reply #82
If you're using foobar via RDP and trying to use exclusive mode, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work. Or rather it's not supposed to work if you expect to hear the sound on the local machine.
In this case the exclusive mode should not be displayed in the output list.

Reply #83
You can playback on the remote machine using exclusive mode if you configure the rdp client accordingly. Even if that's not your use case, for some people it might be. So I don't see a reason to blend it out and if you think a little about what it technically does the behavior is quite logical.

Reply #84
Beta 15 doesn't work with Dr DAC 2 DX on windows 7. Error "Buffer too large". Tried different buffer values: 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,200 with no success. Betas 13 and 14 were OK.

Reply #85
I've just been testing Beta 15 and I've found a weird bug when switching between 2 outputs when using exclusive mode.

If i start playing a track using the Realtek HDA (exclusive) and then use the output switcher in the toolbar to change to my Fostex the playback can get stuck in a loop. I don't hear any audio from my Fostex in this looping state. While it's stuck looping i can use the output switcher to change back to the Realtek HDA and playback will continue like normal.

This doesn't happen every time when I switch between the Realtek and Fostex but i have managed to trigger it about 10 times in 5 mins.

EDIT: Tested with Beta 13 and i can't reproduce the problem.

Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #86
You can playback on the remote machine using exclusive mode if you configure the rdp client accordingly.
and how I must configure it?

Reply #87
In the settings of the official Microsoft Remote Desktop client for macOS I can configure on which device audio will be output. I don't know how to do it in other clients.

Reply #88
The Windows client allows you to play sound on a remote or local machine, it allows you to play sound in exclusive mode, but not on the remote machine.

Reply #89
Exactly. And as foobar2000 has no way to detect a) that you use it via rdp and b) how you configured the rdp connection, this is not foobar2000's problem. I actually don't see a problem in the first place as all points that make exclusive mode useful don't apply via rdp. Conclusion: Just don't try to use it via rdp.

Reply #90
Beta 16 playing music now. It works with event checked and unchecked using default buffer sizes. Fading is on. It's probably best to have options because there is a lot of hardware out there. Some of it is old or strange. As compared to the component WASAPI, the default buffer size did not work for me in event mode and I have a very widely used Xmos 208 USB interface DAC. That's a real improvement in terms of eliminating user frustration.

Peter, you are very patient. Have a nice weekend and a long one if you are in the US.