Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.6.7 beta 7 exclusive regression - stuttering after sample rate changes (Read 933 times) previous topic - next topic

1.6.7 beta 7 exclusive regression - stuttering after sample rate changes

beta 6 was working for me.  With beta 7, whenever the player encounters a file with a different sample rate, the playback becomes choppy and stutters until I manually reopen the file.  For example,

24bit/48kHz file to 16bit/44.1kHz file, or vice versa -> stuttering

24bit/48kHz file to 24bit/96kHz file, or vice versa -> stuttering

I am still seeing this in beta 8.  I see this on multiple computers running different models of Realtek codecs embedded in the motherboard.

Re: 1.6.7 beta 7 exclusive regression - stuttering after sample rate changes

Reply #1
I am experiencing the same issue reported by yindesu.
I am using a Fiio K5 Pro as output, it has the proprietary drivers installed.
I also confirm that beta 6 was working fine in exclusive mode.

Reply #2
Beta 8 has been posted. No changes in the log. Is it official?

Reply #3
It is still broken in beta 8.  I made this topic because my previous post in one of the exclusive mode topics was probably missed.

Reply #4
Using beta 10, unfortunately this issue has reappeared for me, after playing several 16bit/44.1kHz files, and then encountering a 24bit/96kHz file.  The issue also occurred when continuing on to a 16bit/44.1kHz file immediately after the 24bit/96kHz file.

Reply #5
Fixed in beta 11, thanks for the reports.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.