Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 248910 times) previous topic - next topic

SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #275
One thing I miss about the NGPlaylist is ability to tweak it so you can use the keyboard to jump between top level groups.

For instance if you are in a group that start with "A" you can jump to the first group that starts "S" by pressing "s".

This was possible because the search was done on the first column, so you add a zero width first column with the script: $select(%tracknumber%, $stripprefix(%album artist%))

At the risk of being permanently banned from this forum, I have quoted myself here in the hopes of bringing this issue up again.

Is it possible to jump from group to group with the keyboard rather than song title to song title?

Reply #276
Hi, great plugin.. Thanks for coding it ! 
In the description you are referring to "automatic column resizing".
Ive looked everywhere but i cannot figure out how and where to enablethis function?

Thanks

Reply #277
It's enabled by default

Reply #278
Well its not functioning right for me.. it doesnt auto-resize.

Running Foobar 1.1.11

Reply #279
Maybe you are expecting an auto size function similar to, say, excel spreedsheet. It does not work that way as particular columns take precedence. I believe for more effective assistance you will need to provide screen shots.

Reply #280
Other:

I am still experiencing this issue with SimPlaylist 1.0 and foobar2000 v1.1.11; I have never seen this issue in a working state for any of the foobar versions I've used. Suggestions?

Reply #281
providing the titleformating scripts you are using for art display may prove helpful

Reply #282
Is there a way to hide the column headers?

Reply #284
I love how fast this is. I finally switched over from CUI + NGplaylist because my library and searches were just too slow. If I had any request, it would be an ability to hide the column titlebar (or at least hide the names of the columns). It looks ugly if you have a very small width column (e.g. tracknumber), and have to resize it smaller than the title of the column.

EDIT: Sorry this was for the wrong item! I meant to post this in SimPlaylist

Reply #285
Probably will not happen in a playlist component for the DUI. You could replace the column with your own blank titled column.

Add a custom column %tracknumber% with a title = hit space bar.

Reply #286
Probably will not happen in a playlist component for the DUI. You could replace the column with your own blank titled column.

What about for the "Playing" column?

Reply #287
No idea. Think you have to live with collapse to P...

Reply #288
you can hide column headers with EsPlaylist. it works in both default UI and columns UI. it has a playing column, inline album art and quite a few more features as well.

Reply #289
you can hide column headers with EsPlaylist. it works in both default UI and columns UI. it has a playing column, inline album art and quite a few more features as well.

Thx marc but it's on version 0.1 and no updates in a year... is it really good enough to use?

Reply #290
Very well may also depend on OS. For my XP, Arial unicode MS works correctly. I imagine there are others. A search may help.

Thanks. Segue UI symbols seems to work. But that still doesn't explain why the update affected it.

Arial Unicode MS is not part of the XP install. It's included in other MS products.

Reply #291
I have a feature request (or a bug report, which ever it end up translating to).

When foobar2000 is minimised or simply out of focus the simplaylist does not follow the "Cursor follows playback" flag and the user is required to scroll to the currently playing track.

Fix thing and this component will be perfect…

Reply #292
First of all many thanks for offering this great plugin. fats, simple and easy to use, great!

But one feature request came into my mind after installing your facet-plugin too: Would it be possible to offer the something like group-duration (as offered in statistics in facets) which could be added in the album-info column?

This would be a great enhancement.

Reply #293
hi frank,

very nice playlist-view, thx very much ;-).
this is what i search for, a native dui view with album-art..

only one feature request:
"autoscale columns with window size" is it possible to make this optional, as in the original playlist-view, to work with larger columns?

thx
phiber

+1, this is why I used this for a day and had to remove it. I switch between a large and small monitor, and the Playlist title disappears every time, if I have extra columns showing info. I'd much rather have an option to resize or not depending on my preferences. It's also really hard to resize the columns if you want a lot of them because of the way they resize.

Reply #294
I'll second that - column autoresizing can be a bit frustrating. That's why I use simplaylist for simple display and default component for a more detailed one.

Other than that this is a fantastic component. Keep up the great job!

Reply #295
That's why I use simplaylist for simple display and default component for a more detailed one.

You mean you have different layouts for different playlists? How do you do this? It's driving me nuts that I can't find this function.

Reply #296
Other:

This is currently still not working for me on a fresh install of v1.1.13. I have never seen this working for any foobar2000/simplaylist version combination I have ever used. If I drag the subfolders in one at a time, the cover art is shown as expected (once for the whole album group, even after adding the second subfolder). If I drag the parent folder (or any higher level folder), I get no cover art. I have the cover art stored in three places: once in each subfolder, and once in the parent folder. I have tried other combinations but to no avail.

Headers:
  • [%album artist%]  Text
  • [%album%][' ('%date%')']  Text
Columns:
  • [Genre: %genre%|][Duration: %length%|][Album gain: %replaygain_album_gain%|][Album peak: %replaygain_album_peak%|][Codec: %codec%|]  Front/Text
Sorting pattern:
  • %path_sort%
Subgroups:
  • [Disc %discnumber%]  Text

Reply #297
Is it possible to disable the auto columns width resize?

Thank you very much.

Reply #298
Would it be possible to offer the something like group-duration (as offered in statistics in facets) which could be added in the album-info column?

Already available via %length%, see group statistics.

No album art found in parent folder from multiple disc subfolders. foobar2000 core issue, fixed in v1.1.7 beta 3.

This is currently still not working for me (...).

Make sure the parent folder is included in the search patterns under preferences, display (e.g., ..\cover.jpg).
This would also eliminate the need for additional copies in the disc subfolders.

Is it possible to disable the auto columns width resize?

Explaining why you need this might improve your chances.

Reply #299
Would it be possible to offer the something like group-duration (as offered in statistics in facets) which could be added in the album-info column?

Already available via %length%, see group statistics.

oops, i have overseen this - thanks for the pointer - now Simplaylist is quite perfect for me

One remark: Your simplaylist and facets components are one of these plugins which enhance most the usability and ergonomy of foobar - couldn't imagine using foobar without them... and very easy configuration on top.

THANKS A LOT!