Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to replace a word present in multiple track titles? (Read 1069 times) previous topic - next topic

How to replace a word present in multiple track titles?

Hi! I am new here, my name is Leo.

I don't know the first thing about codes and scripts, but I've decided to use foobar since my collection is mostly lossless purchases and by converting them and adding to iTunes I'm losing space.

Lossless files typically come with a single FLAC or APE and a cuesheet, editing the tags in this cuesheet with something like Tag&Rename is impossible, but it can be done with foobar.

Now, in case there is a common word or phrase in every track Title in this cue sheet, for example: "Album X: Track 1, Album X: Track 2, Album X: Track 3", and I only wanted to select them all in foobar and do SOMETHING to remove the "Album X:" part from ALL TRACKS AT ONCE and leave instead "Track 1, Track 2, Track 3", what could I do?

I have digged through these forums in search for an answer, and I found a list of scripts that one can use with masstagger, but I have tried and tried to no result at all. Don't even know how to manage those scripts or how to apply them. I am lost and can find no answer.

Any ideas? Please. It'd be greatly appreciated.

*Forgot to make the topic title a question, sorry for any inconvenience!

Reply #1
There's more than one way to achieve it, but usually the easiest way is to use $replace(A,B,C). In your example, you could use:
Code: [Select]
$replace(%title%,Album X: ,)

Notice that "C" is nothing, effectively removing the text string "Album X: " from the title.

It isn't necessary to use Masstagger. You can use foobar's Properties dialog.

1. Select the tracks
2. Open the Properties dialog (Alt + Enter)
3. Right-click the field you wish to alter and click on Format from other fields... in the context menu
4. Enter the script in the Pattern box
5. Review the items in the Preview window to ensure there will be no unwanted changes
6. Click "OK" to close the "Format from other fields..." dialog if all is good, otherwise change the script or click "Cancel"
7. If you are altering more than one field, click "Apply" and repeat steps 3 through 7 as many times as necessary. If altering only one field, you can skip to step 8
8. Click "OK" to close the Properties dialog

Reply #2
That is exactly what I needed! Amazing! Thank you so much!