Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy (Read 5373 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy

Hello!

I am experiencing some problems with EAC's synchronized mode. Everytime Exact Audio Copy tries to find the starting sector, I get "Unhandled exception at 0045DE27 -> ACCESS_VIOLATION". It seems that I get this error with all drives and with all drivers (ASPI, ASAPI and NT Native Interface). Secure and burst mode work OK. Paranoid mode is suffering under the same problem.

BTW, don't tell me that I should use secure mode, as I do that 99.9% of the time. It's just that I have this badly scratched CD which reports read errors with secure mode and burst mode. Wanted to try out the other two options as well. Also, I am aware of the fact that paranoid mode might damage my drive.

Regards,
Sebastian Mares

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #1
Have you tried this (taken from EAC forums):

"Deactivate LAME or Ogg ACM Codec (Nemo Codec Pack)..."

regards,
halcyon

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #3
You could take some brasso to it.  That always helps on my CD's.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #5
Brasso is an Anglo-American metal polish.  I finer one is Simichrome.     
Nov schmoz kapop.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #7
What ASPI layers have you tried? Adaptec (which version)? Nero? VOB ASAPI?

This might be totally off-the base as well, I'm purely guessing here...

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #8
Well, it might help the CDs, but it won't help EAC.

It may if the first few sectors are under a scratch.

Eac has never performed well for me on badly scratched cd's.

Resurface the cd as suggested and see what happens.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #9
What ASPI layers have you tried? Adaptec (which version)? Nero? VOB ASAPI?

This might be totally off-the base as well, I'm purely guessing here...

Initially, Adaptec ASPI drivers, but then I copied the Nero ASPI DLL to system32 and also to EAC's directory, but it didn't help. I also tried the VOB ASAPI drivers and the Windows NT Native Inteface without success.

It may if the first few sectors are under a scratch.

Eac has never performed well for me on badly scratched cd's.

Resurface the cd as suggested and see what happens.

Nope, that isn't the cause. It happens on all CDs,

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #10
If neither Secure nor Burst mode extracted the audio properly, Synchronized mode won't help.
Try PlexTools Pro with a Plextor drive (preferably a Premium). Resurfacing is the last resort.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #11
OK, thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any Plextor drive. I will try to polish the sourface.

Anyways, that isn't the big deal. The problem is that I don't know how to get rid of the error.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #12
I think you should post this EAC forum. I get the same errors.
No program should give AV errors for any reason.

Exact Audio Copy

Reply #13
Have you tried de-activating "Spin up drive before extraction" under Drive options?

Regards,
Madrigal