Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Merge AAC files without re-encoding (Read 10064 times) previous topic - next topic

Merge AAC files without re-encoding

I was looking for software to merge AAC files without re-encoding (such as Shchuka MergeMp3 or MusiCutter for MP3 files), but I have not found anything.
Do you know if there is any program that does it? Thanks.

Reply #1
mp4box (command-line) or one of its GUI front-ends, like YAMB.

Reply #3
Thanks again for the tip: I used My MP4Box GUI v0.5.5.4 and works well. 
With Yamb (default settings) maybe I've done something wrong, because the merged file had a total size equal to the sum of the songs, but plays only the first track (also the time displayed in the "Properties" or on the player is that of the first song). This is a little a shame because, unlike My MP4Box GUI, Yamb supports "drag and drop" and would therefore be more useful...

Reply #4
IIRC, the default function of adding streams in YAMB (and mp4box itself) is to add them as separate streams, not concatenation. I've never had to do this myself, so I have no advice on how to do this.

Reply #5
Tried with Yamb 1.6 and works well. But never Drag and Drop... 
However it seem to be a bug of Yamb 2 beta.