Skip to main content

Topic: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc. (Read 383201 times) previous topic - next topic

• LigH
  • [*][*][*]
Re: QAAC: discussion, questions, feature requests, etc.
Reply #1075
@nu774:

You once released this x64DLLs archive, 5 years ago ... maybe it's time to update it, if available (BTW, are there now even more supported formats in the meantime?), and possibly even for both bitnesses, a wholesome "lossless DLLs" archive? Just a suggestion, because ... I just had some minor efforts grabbing current 32 bit DLLs as well; still searching for an official source of libsndfile-1.dll (the one included in MSYS2 of MABS, v1.0.28, is not recognized, and erikd only releases sources).

Ah, wait, there are mega-nerd downloads. As installer. The included files work with qaac.

Attached my selection.
  • Last Edit: 15 November, 2017, 03:49:44 PM by LigH
http://forum.gleitz.info - das deutsche doom9/Gleitz-Forum

• nu774
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #1076
(the one included in MSYS2 of MABS, v1.0.28, is not recognized, and erikd only releases sources).
As far as I can see, libsndfile-1.dll, libFLAC-8.dll and libwavpack-1.dll of MSYS2 all work fine with qaac.
If it didn't work for you, chances are that you didn't copy all of dependency libraries of libsndfile-1.dll
(You need libFLAC-8.dll, libogg-0.dll, libspeex1-dll, libvorbis-0.dll, libvorbisenc-2.dll, and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll. Therefore, it's easier to just  add mingw32/mingw64 bin directory of MSYS2 to the PATH).

I understand that correcting every DLLs requires some efforts, but I also don't want to distribute my own copies of them, since I cannot promise you to keep them updated.

• LigH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1077
Apparently there are also other software authors who do, like stax76 does for StaxRip-x64.

But another user reported in the German doom9/Gleitz board that he gets "ERROR: 193: CoreAudioToolbox.dll" when running "qaac64 --check" with the "makeportable" results of different more recent iTunes64 installers; only an older version from 2015 seems to work for him. Could you explain what this error is supposed to mean?

I don't get this error with the most recent iTunes64 installer version 12.7.1.14, running fine under Windows 7 SP1 x64.

• nu774
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #1078
But another user reported in the German doom9/Gleitz board that he gets "ERROR: 193: CoreAudioToolbox.dll" when running "qaac64 --check" with the "makeportable" results of different more recent iTunes64 installers; only an older version from 2015 seems to work for him. Could you explain what this error is supposed to mean?
193 is ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT.
This error happens when qaac64.exe can find only 32bit CoreAudio DLLs.
If the user has correctly copied QTfiles64 and still see that error, then I don't know.

• LigH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #1079
So it might have been a mistake of e.g. accidently copying from an extracted QTFiles directory into an existing QTFiles64 ... OK, surely a helpful analysis.
_

P.S.: Apparently the used makeportable batch was too old (in 2014, it could only handle 32-bit installers; the 2015 update supports iTunes 64-bit correctly).
  • Last Edit: 17 November, 2017, 09:40:25 AM by LigH